It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a bright light falling from the sky in NEPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Watching a movie, and the sky got bright, and a bright yellow fire ball looking object slowly fell over the horizon. Caught my attention through the door behind my TV. Was falling from west to east, towards NYC, from my view point in NE PA (not that it was that far away or hit NYC, just that direction). We ran outside and then I saw a bright flash over the horizon more south of where the object was falling. Minutes later a military chopper flew over low and quiet in the direction of the flash. Then we noticed a few strange aircraft flying different routes than normal, and very low. We heard sirens (uncommon for this area) in the distance and it turns out that was just a garage fire. But while watching the skies wondering what we had just seen, we did see a small white shooting star going opposite direction from the first bright falling light. (Also the fire is no where in the direction we saw any of this going on)

So are there meteor showers tonight? The first bright yellow light falling was strange, and then the flash, and military chopper just after is what has me confused.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

I had something similar happen when I was driving home a week ago. The sun was just about to set but a couple stars were out already. I saw what seemed like a shooting star. The difference was as it fell it got about three times bigger, turned green and looked like it was on fire. After it went out of sight behind a tree line, there were two white flashes from that area. I assumed it was a meteor or something, but the two white flashes were strange. The whole thing from when I saw it start till the second flash lasted about 5 seconds. There were some choppers after but I live right next to a Military base so thats not unusual.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

What I always wonder is that if the military is checking these things out whether meteorites or some kind of craft like thing, how many people would be flying choppers chasing these things? I'm just waiting for the topic on ATS. "Hello ATS I am a former pilot who chased UFOs."

I believe you of course, and I don't really know that you could have seen a meteorite that long as I am gathering from your post. I wonder what it was?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I remember when I was younger watching a meteor shower. One of em broke through the atmosphere. Scared the crap out of me..lit up like a rocket..could even hear the crackling sound. A meteor the size of a baseball can make a really large fireball in the higher atmosphere. I of course thought it was a ELE I was witnessing.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Tobyhanna Army depot is in the vicinity. afaik, nukes are stored there.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

TrippyWorld
I assumed it was a meteor or something, but the two white flashes were strange. The whole thing from when I saw it start till the second flash lasted about 5 seconds. There were some choppers after but I live right next to a Military base so thats not unusual. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I cannot express too much detail from color changes and etc, as I was watching a movie with my girl and this was something that made me look up, and as soon as i realized it wasn't a reflection or a car on a nearby road (split seconds) I jumped up, and rushed outside to try and see it while telling her to hurry and look. I wish I was smoking a cig when the object fell so I could have a better description/idea of what I saw.

KnightLight
What I always wonder is that if the military is checking these things out whether meteorites or some kind of craft like thing, how many people would be flying choppers chasing these things?

That is what gets me, while observing the horizon and sky, I hear a chopper very quietly nearby, and I walked around the side of my house, and the sun had just set so I could see the silhouette of a military style chopper, and I don't live near a military base. We rarely see any military aircraft in this area. There is Fort Indiantown Gap about an hour away, and Tobyhanna Army Depot about 45-60min north, but as I said, never see much out here in the fields and sticks. This chopper flew over our horse pasture, guessing about 100'-300' high, quickly, but very quiet blades. I pointed to where I saw the flash, before we heard the chopper. Trying to explain to my gf what I saw, and it literally flew to that exact spot over the mountain miles and miles away. If it wasn't for that, I would probably have not bothered to make a post.

SaturnFX I remember when I was younger watching a meteor shower. One of em broke through the atmosphere. Scared the crap out of me..lit up like a rocket..could even hear the crackling sound. A meteor the size of a baseball can make a really large fireball in the higher atmosphere. I of course thought it was a ELE I was witnessing.

I have seen/heard that mind of meteor with a "crackling" (I was thinking sizzling) sound, but this was odd. I don't think it was high in atmosphere. If it was a meteor, it was falling at terminal velocity after impacting the lower atmosphere, and possibly very close. Just looked like a bright big yellow rock falling, with no trail or anything. Was an eerie thing to see. I witnessed a meteor that caused panic and a sonic boom when I was in high school. Yelling to my mom a crossed the yard about something when we heard a huge boom and I nearly dropped to the ground. We thought an airliner had crashed in a field nearby. Then we saw the trail, and the news reported immediately to let people know it wasn't anything major. We were out sky watching the past few hours since, and saw sats, planes, and a few more meteorites, but nothing like the first one I saw. More I think about it, it must have just been a rare sighting of a good sized meteor, and unlikely a sat burning up, or aircraft crashing.

Have a good night all and thank you for replying. Haven't found anything else on news or from other witnesses, so I must have just been able to see that part of the sky at the right time. The chopper going to the flashes, still have no idea. Maybe just connecting the dots, or they are recovering a flying saucer lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, guess everyone has seen this one before, were the flashes anything like you see here?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSqRKmhQcs

Did you happen to hear and sound associated with the flash?

The reason I'm asking, I live close to nuclear research center in South Africa named Pelindaba, last year about October we observed a flash and immediately an extremely loud bang, almost like two huge pieces of steel slamming against each other, without any reverberation or rumbling, as you would normally have heard with lightning.

The bang was also connected to the flash, there was no pause from flash to sound. Almost as if sound and flash traveled at same speed.

Next day we found out that people living as far as 20km from me experienced it with the same intensity. No craft were seen and no media reported anything unusual. First time something like this ever happened where I live.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 9-4-2014 by researcher88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't know if this is related, but I've just seen the exact same thing in Perth, Western Australia.

At approximately 10:30PM, there was a bright, yellow ball of light travelling westward across the sky, behind the clouds. I immediately knew it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, due to the size and colour of the light, as well as it not making any sound. It went in a straight line for approximately 10 seconds, then suddenly dropped, leaving a trail of pitch black smoke, and flickering out about halfway to the ground. It looked kind of like a burning ember falling from the head of a match.

The only part of it that I found a little odd was that I would've expected a meteorite to arc as it lost speed and approached the ground, not fall directly downward, but then again, I'm no rocket surgeon.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

researcher88
Very interesting indeed, guess everyone has seen this one before, were the flashes anything like you see here?

The reason I'm asking, I live close to nuclear research center in South Africa named Pelindaba, last year about October we observed a flash and immediately an extremely loud bang, almost like two huge pieces of steel slamming against each other, without any reverberation or rumbling, as you would normally have heard with lightning.

The bang was also connected to the flash, there was no pause from flash to sound. Almost as if sound and flash traveled at same speed.

Next day we found out that people living as far as 20km from me experienced it with the same intensity. No craft were seen and no media reported anything unusual. First time something like this ever happened where I live.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 9-4-2014 by researcher88 because: (no reason given)

The flash was identical to that. I didn't hear any noise, but I was in my car and had the music blasting. I had a very strange experience with a white orb identical to the one in the video. I know there's videos claiming to debunk the jureseluem UFO, but IMO you can prove or debunk just about anything if you're determined too.

I actually joined this site to write a post about my orb experience. I didn't wanna post a bunch of pointless comments just to get my count high enough to start a thread. That's the only reason I haven't yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

SixX18
Watching a movie, and the sky got bright, and a bright yellow fire ball looking object slowly fell over the horizon. Caught my attention through the door behind my TV. Was falling from west to east, towards NYC, from my view point in NE PA (not that it was that far away or hit NYC, just that direction). We ran outside and then I saw a bright flash over the horizon more south of where the object was falling. Minutes later a military chopper flew over low and quiet in the direction of the flash. Then we noticed a few strange aircraft flying different routes than normal, and very low. We heard sirens (uncommon for this area) in the distance and it turns out that was just a garage fire. But while watching the skies wondering what we had just seen, we did see a small white shooting star going opposite direction from the first bright falling light. (Also the fire is no where in the direction we saw any of this going on)

So are there meteor showers tonight? The first bright yellow light falling was strange, and then the flash, and military chopper just after is what has me confused.

I think I saw the same thing south west to north east
shortly after sunset.
I did not see any flash afterwards
I'm also in PA (south Central) and was watching Mars rising last night.
Gold green in color and about a 5 second duration.
I thought is was a meteor from my observation.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

researcher88

The flash was bright, and seemed to originate from 1 spot. Wasn't like in that youtube vid, however when the light descends in the beginning, that is how this yellow bright light looked. Same speed, and just a straight line. But I didn't see if it was hovering, and I don't think it stopped and went back up. If it was a meteorite, it may have hit the lower atmosphere slowing it to terminal velocity. The flashes weren't the same, was more like lightning on other side of mountains, but there was no clouds, no storms, and wasn't warm enough for heat lightning, or a t-storm in general. Nothing nuclear besides a nuke power plant but that is all the way to the opposite side of the sky.

paratus I think I saw the same thing south west to north east shortly after sunset. I did not see any flash afterwards I'm also in PA (south Central) and was watching Mars rising last night. Gold green in color and about a 5 second duration. I thought is was a meteor from my observation.

The flash was southeast, but the object fell east. Also a minute apart from each other. I'm thinking they were unrelated to each other, unless it was somehow multiple events all related. This was def not Mars that fell, I did see Mars last night too, was pretty cool.

Rexamillian I don't know if this is related, but I've just seen the exact same thing in Perth, Western Australia.

At approximately 10:30PM, there was a bright, yellow ball of light travelling westward across the sky, behind the clouds. I immediately knew it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, due to the size and colour of the light, as well as it not making any sound. It went in a straight line for approximately 10 seconds, then suddenly dropped, leaving a trail of pitch black smoke, and flickering out about halfway to the ground. It looked kind of like a burning ember falling from the head of a match.

It may have been, or maybe meteor showers over the planet. I don't know the time zone difference. I witnessed this around 8:30pm, in USA Eastern time zone..... within 10 minutes of 8:30 I'm guessing. I was outside for at least 15min before I made the OP.
edit on 4/9/14 by SixX18 because: fixxed quotes

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrippyWorld

Myself, took very long to get here because of all the research, I do....I don't care about any rating or financial benefit either.
Just some debate by some intelligent people. In my physical world I am surrounded by total morons, not by choice.

So ATS helps me to enjoy a far better experience, not that everyone here are not morons, but I believe we should be nice to them also.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

As far as posting for benefits, I barely start a post, just chime in sometimes. Didn't see any other threads that could be related so figured "Why not see if ATSers saw or know of anything" This may be my biggest thread ever lmao

It is nice to have some intelligent people chime in on topics on here, but there are also a ton of idiots with crazy ideas. Like aliens kidnapping an airliner, come on! lol

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wound up here much the same way. I had an "experience" that kind of changed my outlook on everything. I've spent the better part of 9 months researching many aspects of religious and paranormal/unexplained experiences and beliefs.

I've found most people either don't want to know, don't believe or don't care about anything that doesn't affect their daily life. Even more so if it's something that doesn't have overwhelming proof and or mainstream acceptance.

This site seemed like the best place to discuss that kind of stuff. People here seem willing to entertain and discuss things out of the norm even if they're skeptical. Of course there is still plenty of "that's a fairy tale" "not possible" "pics or gtfo" types, but overall that seems to be in the minority.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrippyWorld

I agree, this is a great place for "out of the norm" topics, experiences, etc. If anything it is also fun, and a great news outlet. What I witnessed last night was most likely just some shooting stars, and who knows about the chopper and flashes. Just in the right place at the right time, it was cool, wish I had this on video. If I had known more then just a falling yellow light would happen I would have had out my camera.

IDK what experience brought me here. Something to do with FEMA Camps I think, years ago, when I learned of the 2012 doomsday conspiracies, maybe even after a roommate showed me "Loose Change", and somehow I ended up here. After 2012 passed, even as all those doom threads were happening, I lost interest in certain things, and now look for hard evidence, and cool science stuff. My grandfather told my father one time, who told me, "There is always a doomsday, but the next morning you still need to wake up and take out the trash."

new topics

top topics

join