It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura AMA question conspiracy theory show

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

First of all, let’s get one thing straight-- "Conspiracy Theory" was NOT a documentary. The show was entertainment. I never once claimed that they were documentaries.

And the most astonishing thing I've seen is that you think "Conspiracy Theory" was a documentary. I've never shied away from it. It was entertainment. I did it for the money. What do you think I did it for? My own personal pleasure? It's called work, I wasn't doing it for charity.

I love that answer. He did it for the money, We all like money.

So everything on the show was BS?

I just wonder if he really cared about some of that stuff

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

yup he does it for the money much like you and i go out to work every day for the money.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
But lets not forget, that even though scripted, there was verifiable facts in his shows, and even though scripted it does not necessarly take the truth out of the show, after all they were just working off known information (I mean there was never anything new in the shows)... but they had the advantage of making people more aware of what is going on around them ! Ventura was just the messenger imo, and your better off having a well known messenger than an average joe, the message is received in a better way...
And I do like to believe, that Ventura did believe what he was saying (even though scripted) in order to give his name to the show.
Don't shoot the messenger :-)

edit on 8-4-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

tinner07
It is a current event here... I have a lot of respect for the man, Navy Seal, if not it would have been debunked..Governor and wrestler.
In the AMA he did admit that his show conspiracy theory was scripted and he did it to make money.
I find that answer perfect in the sense that he told the truth..he did it to make money.

So I wonder if he was asked if any of those stories were true? or is Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura just like the A-team? just a fictional program

He did mention it was scripted, he said he is an entertainer... he said he did it for the money...He speaks the truth.

Do you think he really investigated any of the stuff on those shows now? Personally I think not.

Doesnt mean I wouldn't vote for him..he did tell the truth

The show is obviously entirely fake.

Ventura used the alternative medium to make a quick buck. He cares about the theories, and us as followers, only when he is making his money...Any other time? Yeah....nope.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

You are right, nothing his show have shown anything most of of do not know about.

I guess my question is i Wonder if Jesse Ventura thinks there is something really there

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would like to stress on the point that the show is fake, but not necessarily all the contents !

I mean that was not even a question I asked myself (if it was scripted or not), Ventura is not a very good actor (lol) you would have to be blind to not see it is scripted ... It's not "cops" lol (actually that may be a bad exemple lol)
edit on 8-4-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I like to believe that he must think that some of it is true, I mean he read the story on script, every human being must think at one stage "hey I wonder if this is true" and probably ask some of the crew and then go and research (well I hope so....otherwise ...)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

buster2010
Plum island is real so is Area 51, the Denver international airport, the Bilderberg group, skinwalker ranch

Who has said Plum island is not real? Who has said Denver Airport is not real? The same for the Bilderberg Group.... and yes, the Skinwalker ranch is really just a ranch.

However some people have made money from promoting a conspiracy behind them by making crap up.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

He is an actor, nothing wrong with that. We kind of talk about same stuff he does, for free. Smart guy.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

People are entertained by these conspiracies, its Hollywood fiction come to life its not about the truth it is about taking a historical event and turning into a real life episode of the x-files.

Which people are entertained by these conspiracies? How do YOU know? statistics? you are making a preposition, statistiics don't support prepositions, they are just statistics.
Where is the truth? is it not better to say the underlying truths since there are underlying truths we don't know about.
What is the distinction between the 9/11 commission not being told the truth/underlying truths and an X-file?
The thing is, with all your suggestiveness I would worry about you far more than I would worry about Jesse Ventura.

BTW, Hollywood may be 'Hollywood' but every so often, their fiction comes to life before an event rather than a flick made after.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We need to realize the shows we watch, the news we watch, the movies we watch, the Tonight show, the "Special Report"s, American Idol, Green Acres, 24, the weather, the sports games hosting and cohosting.....

ALL are scripted. Think about that a bit!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
having worked in the movie biz ( youtube "fireballs 1989" for the first movie i worked on back in the day )
you go out with expensive production gear with out a script you might be lucky enough to get the blair witch project
even with a couple mill and a script you might get a mess like fireballs lol
( we were sponsored 200 cases of beer at one point)

if you don't want to go bankrupt you have to plan
even then most people who make films end up not getting a return
(like fire balls hence youtube)
as to aj and ventura doing it for the money?
notice the adds on the front page of ATS
does that make you a FAKE dear reader of this post?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

hellobruce

buster2010
Plum island is real so is Area 51, the Denver international airport, the Bilderberg group, skinwalker ranch

Who has said Plum island is not real? Who has said Denver Airport is not real? The same for the Bilderberg Group.... and yes, the Skinwalker ranch is really just a ranch.

However some people have made money from promoting a conspiracy behind them by making crap up.

did they make as much as the clintons, the bushes, cheney and rumsfeld, and obama?
cause they sure made some "crap" up..well except for obama...he has a telleprompter making "crap" up for him

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I guess I just wonder if he really investigated any of those things

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
We need to realize the shows we watch, the news we watch, the movies we watch, the Tonight show, the "Special Report"s, American Idol, Green Acres, 24, the weather, the sports games hosting and cohosting.....

ALL are scripted. Think about that a bit!!!!!

I would say most people know that, the degree of scripting varies though. The problem is more acute now though than it used to be in documentary presentations, which is where we are here.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I asked him a question about his CT TV show. He didn't answer it.

Here's a link to my question: Unanswered Question

I still like the guy, though, I'd probably like him more if he had addressed it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ive listened to about twenty interviews with ventura over the years
he went from straight to the person you met on the ama
it was cool watching his wake up evolution
his son woke him up when he was a governor...and he evolved from there a step at a time
then the TSA gave hime the but probe at the airport one day

does any presenter do his research these days?
there are writers and sensors
they did have the fema camp episode totaly vanished and even it even disappeared right off people's pvrs even

now tsa butt probes and disappeared episodes
how real is that?
edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago51 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

HOW IS IT hereon, . . . that

"scripted" seems to be automatically taken by the bulk of the posters hereon to

EQUAL FALSE?

Virtually all shows are scripted unless it's some sort of live audience thing and even then there's virtually always a skeletal script to guide things to some degree.

Scripted = merely having a script for the dialogue and/or narration!

I suspect that some scripts are even transcribed from interviews etc. vs the interview strictly following a script.

I was one of two responsible for a 15 segment show in China teaching English with some video illustrations of various topics etc. It was not scripted ahead of time because we didn't really have time for that. We just did the shows and I transcribed the script after the fact. I suspect the same thing often occurs with interviews regardless of how scripted the rest of a given show is.

Scripted does NOT equal "automatically false."

Sigh.

Any more than "I was being an entertainer" automatically = therefore I couldn't possibly have said anything true.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
At least he finally decided to be honest in something

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i actually felt let down by his AMA. For someone who supposedly found things out, all of his answers were very vague, or non-existent.

He skipped over questions he didn't want to answer.

I guess i was just hoping that he would answer questions like Nick Pope did in his AMA. Giving precise answers to the questions, and not just vague, general information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join