It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura AMA question conspiracy theory show

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is a current event here... I have a lot of respect for the man, Navy Seal, if not it would have been debunked..Governor and wrestler.
In the AMA he did admit that his show conspiracy theory was scripted and he did it to make money.
I find that answer perfect in the sense that he told the truth..he did it to make money.

So I wonder if he was asked if any of those stories were true? or is Conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura just like the A-team? just a fictional program

He did mention it was scripted, he said he is an entertainer... he said he did it for the money...He speaks the truth.

Do you think he really investigated any of the stuff on those shows now? Personally I think not.

Doesnt mean I wouldn't vote for him..he did tell the truth

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Of course the show was scripted. they certainly didn't sit around a table and first discuss each show's concept right there. And when they go to Area 51 (or am I mixing them up with Brad Meltzer's scripted show) and other places they show their car escaping some other car from the viewpoint of the cameraman on the side of the road. They left a lot of cameramen behind in those situations.

And the times he met up with Alex Jones, they just happen to be meeting in front of warehouses or in parking lots. They all probably had lunch, an hour long make-up session, and ten takes to get it right by the time they "met".

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah both shows went to area 51... but I guess after hearing it is scripted... the boat ride off plum island is fake? sure the table talk is but is all of it?

Is it as fake as the A team?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes he spoke the truth, a rarity among many of todays political or famous types. You have to remember that hes been were the big boys get down on their knees and cry. Ex Seal ect He also said that what ever you do, the first thing to ask your self is were is the honour in this. That way you can always look into the mirror with out flinching. I am a Brit but I respect him and would vote for him if he was over this side of the pond. Gotta be better than that numpty bush. Or the present Nobel peace prize winner who loves sending his drones out to murder any one he wants. The america dream? its becoming a night mare. Not that we have it any better over here.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

tinner07
Yeah both shows went to area 51... but I guess after hearing it is scripted... the boat ride off plum island is fake? sure the table talk is but is all of it?

Is it as fake as the A team?

Why do you think the A-team was fake?

Ventura's show did put a lot of the kind of data that is talked about on some boards on this site into the programming, but he likely had explanations for lots of the events in it that they either didn't mention or mentioned briefly. Some of the shows could have been twelve minutes long and covered everything, like the Eric Andre Show, which is a documentary.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Hello, and who is that with Charles in your avatar. A fancy coat by the looks of it - nice.

If someone hasn't seen "Wag The Dog", an American movie, it fits this thread nicely and is a fun watch.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So our best guy is a liar. He led us to believe the conspiracy theory show was real. He admitted here on ATS it was scripted and fake.

I just wonder,if any of those things are real? and if he ever really investigated them? I would wonder if he would answer if his show was any more real than any sit com or

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was a bit surprised when he said that he did it for the money because i thought he was genuinely trying to expose the stuff that was happening, like he has done with his books on JFK & Political parties. who knows now i liked his shows too because he was serious on getting too the bottom of things but obviously it was all just for entertainment? I still would vote for him if i lived in the US though because he is genuine & honest.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

SIR jimmy savile? He was charlie boys mentor for 50 odd years a great friend of the royal family. Also the biggest child rapist and murderer in the UK. I have it there to remind people of who were his best friends. Prime ministers, royalty, he was even best mates with the pope. As I said at least Jesse is the real thing and appears to be an honest decent type. He did admit it was scripted and that he did it for the money. I dont begrudge him for that, guys gotta make a living. In today`s world that is what its all about . Money. But as I said I would rather vote for him than any of the present or recent past presidents.
edit on 8-4-2014 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Never meet your hero's right?

Lets me honest he is like Alex Jones.

Its all about the money.

Jesse is like Alex Jones these days (to a lesser extent) he basically gets paid to be a contrarian, to state the apostate in opposition to whoever is in power. Government say a plane hit the pentagon, Ventura knows there is a audience who will pay him to say it was a missile, because like he said its about entertainment. People are entertained by these conspiracies, its Hollywood fiction come to life its not about the truth it is about taking a historical event and turning into a real life episode of the x-files. That is basically what he and others like him do they make reality TV out of alternative historical accounts of life to make a reality tv version of the X-files.

I dont agree with it.

But am i surprised that he made a entertainment show about conspiracies that was all scripted so he could make money.

no.

Now he will keep up this persona of the conspiracy theorist, and why is that?

Because he probably has quite a good management team who have told him that if he sit on a TV talk show and talk about HARRP or JKF's murder by the military industrial complex he will get more book sales and more TV deals and raise his public profile that little bit more to make a little bit more money.

And of course his A-Team was a total fake, the acting in that show is horrible.

I read through Jesse's AMA found him annoying.

never liked the man.

edit on 8-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

tinner07
So our best guy is a liar. He led us to believe the conspiracy theory show was real. He admitted here on ATS it was scripted and fake.

I just wonder,if any of those things are real? and if he ever really investigated them? I would wonder if he would answer if his show was any more real than any sit com or

Many of the things he talked about is real. Plum island is real so is Area 51, the Denver international airport, the Bilderberg group, skinwalker ranch and others. So you can have a show that is scripted and still be real. The fake part could easily be the investigations they did because most of the shows he did could have easily been scripted from reading threads here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Come on , I love the A-team... Im asking about the reality of conspiracy theory.. Now I wonder if he really was turned away from plum island by the coast guard

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I wouldn't say straight up fake, more like less fake. Scripted, definitely. He is entertaining and it's pretty much like a good thread here on ATS. Now if an ATSer had rock solid, bombshell information with proof, you can probably imagine they wouldn't be around too long, and the same would go for Jesse. Seeking out information and getting the needed proof and corroboration isn't easy. At least he's shedding some light and creating awareness. I wouldn't call him a fraud or anything like that.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

tinner07

He's an actor and a politician. What did you expect when he makes a show? Honestly, I think they really delved into some of the theories but you have to have those things scripted at least a little bit.

If you didn't, you would have tons of awkward moments, camera guys cussing about the wind or tripping over crap on the ground. I mean, the fact that many of the scenes were so obviously scripted was what made the show genuine for me. I didn't feel like he thought he was fooling anybody; just trying to get interesting information out to people in an entertaining format.

If the show shed light on things that were previously unknown then there would be some issues but, really... there wasn't really any new information in those shows that you couldn't find in Wikipedia. It's just a lot more fun that reading Wikipedia.

If he's a liar in your eyes because of that then you can't trust any actor, musician, or artist of any kind.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I was about to post a response to this thread, but I think you nailed it. Spot on!

By the way, how ya been?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Many of the things he talked about is real. Plum island is real so is Area 51, the Denver international airport, the Bilderberg group, skinwalker ranch and others. So you can have a show that is scripted and still be real. The fake part could easily be the investigations they did because most of the shows he did could have easily been scripted from reading threads here on ATS.
reply to post by buster2010

of course they are all real. I just wonder if he gives a rats ass. How did they come up with the plum island story? the lyme disease that is possibly connected. Just a script and then walk away or actually wonder?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is the quote form Jesse Ventura in question:

First of all, let’s get one thing straight-- "Conspiracy Theory" was NOT a documentary. The show was entertainment. I never once claimed that they were documentaries.

And the most astonishing thing I've seen is that you think "Conspiracy Theory" was a documentary. I've never shied away from it. It was entertainment. I did it for the money. What do you think I did it for? My own personal pleasure? It's called work, I wasn't doing it for charity.

All we did was go out and explore conspiracies. It was up to you, the viewer, to judge if you wanted to believe or not. They were more reality TV than documentaries.

LINK

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Not surprised anything on MSM and tv is for the Money, no secret revelations there.

Last year when he did the SkinWalker ranch video it was pretty obvious what his motivation was. Based on what our Own ATS member hiii_98 said about the show who was on it , it pretty much jaded me to watching anything Jesse puts out.

hiii_98 mentioned something in regards to how the show was misleading in regards to his leg getting hit by something and that they embellished on things while disregarding other events.

This was my post back in 2012 after the skinwalker episode:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I saw the video and it was entertaining. However, it appears that there needs to be a part 2 and some more or real investigation into the subject.

You mentioned in your forum that Sean Stone (if I recall correctly) was misleading in regards to his leg getting hit by something and that they embellished on things while disregarding other events. Can you further discuss this or go into more details about this and how the cast wanted you not to laugh at times and keep your composure?

I like Jesse, but you make some strong revelations that the show is solely about $ and no real attempt at seeking any truth. That wouldn't be a shocker since everything is about money and the show can't run without money. However that doesn't mean they couldn't actually do valid research and make it entertaining without having to fake things.

I also found it rather disappointing attempt by Sean Stone to make fun on the subject by attempting to communicate with the spirits.

In those regards that puts a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the show.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And he also said for the viewer to find the truth in it. That's the right thing to do when presented with such topics. Certain aspects may have been debunked(coffin liners to the controversy around the Ozarks tunnels-"Just a tunnel for 'merchandise' trucks"), but it still helps people to think and explore topics-know a few people personally who may not have otherwise cared to pay attention are now questioning alternative views on things- if wanted to considering they don't have the time nor know how beyond MSM sources. Remember the TSA episode never made it to airing. Makes you think. Now The Question everything replaced similarly, but with lighter, less conspiratorial topics.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Could we have a show of hand please from people who believe what they see on TV is real?
Who told you such an outrageous lie?
Reality shows?
He told the truth. Of course the show is scripted and of course he did it for the money as an entertainer. Which one of us wouldn't do the same if offered the opportunity?
Is it fake? I have no idea, it's entertainment and if you were entertained by it, it fulfilled its purpose as a TV show.
I watched one or two of the shows and found them extremely boring in that they presented about 10 minutes worth of information in about 40 minutes of watching. The endless repetition of information to fill the time slot just got on my nerves.
But Jesse as an entertainer is a different Jesse than Jesse the person, the reformer in politics. He knows and acknowledges the difference. He'll get my vote should he decide to run though I can't imagine why he would.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join