It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% Rate Obamacare A Success; 62% Think GOP Repeal Likely

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

How is this post NOT political baiting?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

LDragonFire
I don't think the affordable part will be affordable till the corporations and business are apart of the equation. This I think is the error in rolling out the law.

Plus if you put hundreds of millions of dollars into a media campaign against the law are you surprised many would be against it?

Ya.

I think the media blitzes for & against have balanced out.

I wonder if that balance will tip soon ?

The Main Stream Malarkey MSM works in strange ways indeed.

Interesting about the "I don't think the affordable part will be affordable till the corporations and business are apart of the equation."

How can that be achieved to become "affordable" ?

Who suffers and who benefits ?

Be aware that much of Medicare & Medicaid are managed by private contractors hired by the governments involved.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If Obamacare is so good, someone please tell me why Congress is exempted and all their aides are getting subsidized?
They probably make more than many people.
Why are so many other groups exempted?
Why has Obama delayed the employer mandate until after 2016?
why was the enrollment deadlined extended if this is so great?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My gut feeling is that most of the people who have been insured under the ACA either get it for free ( Medicaid) or at a greatly reduced rate via government subsidy.
It would be nice to see a breakdown of those who have signed up, and are actually paying premiums.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

buster2010
Clearly 100% of the people in this poll has no idea how things work. Like the op said with Obama still in office they really have no chance in repealing the law. Also seeing how the Dems approval rating is higher than the GOP right now there is a small chance that they will take over congress.

Operative phrase "Obama still in office"

Hmmm....there is a word, its spelled IMPEACHMENT

Google it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I guess my question is at what point is there a benefit to Obamacare?

If you have to subsidize a large segment of the population in order for them to afford the premium, they how will that segment make the deductible in the event they need medical attention?

If you expanded the Medicaid roll to cover more people then, could you have not just redefined income levels for Medicaid eligibility?

If you place exemptions to the law to smaller business that have less than 50 full time workers and redefine full time as 30 hours per week, did you not just jeopardize low income earners to either unemployment or a 25% cut in pay since those very businesses did not offer a comprehensive insurance policy in the first place?

When does Obamacare stop being a political glad hand facade to the working poor, a funneling of tax dollars to insurance companies and actually solve the problem of overly expensive healthcare?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

You know how I know the ACA works and is a good thing? Right wingers are against it. If the right is against it, it must be good for the American people.

It's just obvious.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by mugger

You know how I know the ACA works and is a good thing? Right wingers are against it. If the right is against it, it must be good for the American people.

It's just obvious.

I disagree.

You got it all backwards.

MSNBC says so.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by American-philosopher

no no,

I'm just saying people WAITED for results before they started talk about repeal or expansion or something of that nature.

~tenth

They had a single parent paying 800 a month for medicare, which is free or under 100 a month in every other first world country.

No one has 5 years of those payments, or being stuck without medicare. There is no 5 years, that is out of the means of most upper class people. Most making 50 000 a year take home couldn't afford that. It comes out of the local economy and businesses, or home savings, or children's education.

No one can wait even 1 year of those payments.

This is so unbelievable evil that it must end!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Bad enough and now more surprises for the voters:

Latest ObamaCare surprise: Most won't be able to buy health insurance until end of year

Link

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Fox is by far the most watched cable news. Probably be those same idiot demographics voting too.

Meanwhile, Fox News Channel has now reached 146 consecutive months at No. 1 in total viewers, in both total day and primetime, among cable news networks,
www.deadline.com... 14/02/february-cable-news-numbers-fnc-logs-146th-consecutive-win-cnn-tumbles-msnbc-hangs-on/
edit on 8-4-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

whywhynot

Latest ObamaCare surprise: Most won't be able to buy health insurance until end of year

Link

I wonder who thought that was a good idea ?

Now we see a possibility of people with expiring polices later this year who may have qualified for subsidies and credits being in a jeopardizing circle of evil that forces them to buy an amended or brand new policy at a high rate or rough it till next year and maybe even pay a partial fine on top of it !!!

Wunderbar.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I smell more waivers coming.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

xuenchen

whywhynot

Link

I wonder who thought that was a good idea ?

Now we see a possibility of people with expiring polices later this year who may have qualified for subsidies and credits being in a jeopardizing circle of evil that forces them to buy an amended or brand new policy at a high rate or rough it till next year and maybe even pay a partial fine on top of it !!!

Wunderbar.

This woman differently but the horse before the cart and it was recorded, all in support of Obama.

She's another reason why Democrats aren't trusted.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by mugger

It's just obvious.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Rasmussen? Are they not the polling company that was completely off the stats for the 2008 elections? They sure fooled poor old Romney.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I will say this about Obamacare.

It has brought out the basic desires of many. Some see healthcare as a right, others (like me) see it as a commodity.

It has created a dialogue for many to discuss and bring to light issues that were/are problems within our healthcare system.

I hope that it does get resolved to the satisfaction of many, though I don't believe that it'll ever be resolved to the point where everyone is happy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by mugger

It's just obvious.

Wow. And you accuse others of blind partisanship and not thinking for themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

xuenchen

buster2010

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by buster2010

Repeal no , Defunding is a Possibility though if those Reps. want to Stay in Office curtesy of their Local Constituents .

They can't defund it either. Remember Cruz tried that with his useless speech where he couldn't finish green eggs and ham.

They can defund.

But "they" need a majority in Congress.

I think "they" would engage in selective defunding.

Probably better than funding the entire thing as it is.

Right now, nobody has a clear majority in Congress.

You know, I hate to say it.

But I long for the days of complete gridlock in Congress.

If they won't pass things in our favor, its almost better they pass nothing.

Both parties are in the business of getting and retaining power at all cost, so that they can ram through what they like the people be damned.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

benrl

xuenchen

buster2010

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by buster2010

Repeal no , Defunding is a Possibility though if those Reps. want to Stay in Office curtesy of their Local Constituents .

They can't defund it either. Remember Cruz tried that with his useless speech where he couldn't finish green eggs and ham.

They can defund.

But "they" need a majority in Congress.

I think "they" would engage in selective defunding.

Probably better than funding the entire thing as it is.

Right now, nobody has a clear majority in Congress.

You know, I hate to say it.

But I long for the days of complete gridlock in Congress.

If they won't pass things in our favor, its almost better they pass nothing.

Both parties are in the business of getting and retaining power at all cost, so that they can ram through what they like the people be damned.

Complete gridlock would certainly save us a hell of a lot of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join