23% Rate Obamacare A Success; 62% Think GOP Repeal Likely

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A new recent poll from Rasmussen has the "success" of Obama.Care at a meager 23%.

They also say 62% think Obama.Care will be repealed if Republicans get control of Congress in November. (I guess they don't realize Obama will still be POTUS and a veto would need to be over-ridden) but that's beside the point.

If this poll can be trusted (?) then it seems people are in fact fed-up.

46% said it is a failure.

IMO, many people seeing Obama.Care as a "success" are probably ones that have benefited from one part of the law and may be ignoring the problems that other people have experienced because they are un-affected.

Or, some people may not know anything because they have insurance at work or are already on Medicare/Medicaid and are oblivious to any problems (or they haven't been popped yet because of the delays and future trouble hasn't happened yet)

Obviously there are big problems that are in fact affecting a large enough portion of the population to warrant changes.

The Obama administration boasted last week that it had surpassed its March 31 goal of signing up seven million Americans through new health insurance exchanges. But few voters consider the new national health care law a success, and most think repeal of the law is likely if Republicans take over Congress in November.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 23% of Likely U.S. Voters view Obamacare as a success so far. Twice as many (46%) describe the health care law as a failure. For 29%, it’s somewhere in between the two.

(not seeing that "62%" in the article; It looks like you have to log-in?)

more in the story along with other related polls.....
23% Rate Obamacare A Success; 62% Think GOP Repeal Likely

Gleaming Success ?

or

Horrible Failure ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Maybe people should wait to have some data before they go about preparing for Armageddon.

Just saying.

Even the Patriot act got 5 years....

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

Maybe people should wait to have some data before they go about preparing for Armageddon.

Just saying.

~Tenth

The problem is, this could bankrupt people (more so that the P-Act).

Bankruptcies were high as it was because of medical debts.

This is not helping that particular problem.

The deductibles are still high and right around the older averages claimed in past medical debt/loans related bankruptcies (I'll try to find exact numbers on old bankruptcies).

And "Armageddon" isn't being talked about in relation to Obama.Care.

But Bankruptcies might be many "Armageddons" real soon. Sooner than 5 years.

Many "old" "outdated" and "illegal" policies are expiring within the year and will be cancelled. That will be a rude awakening for millions of people.

Not to even mention the possibility of some employer policies being affected also that could lead into pay reductions and/or limited raises for workers. Employers "charge" for employee related expenses and it's not always the customers because some products and services are priced at "market" level, not cost levels.

Too many negatives outweighing the positives.

They screwed it up.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Now this is one of the first arguments I've seen that discuss REAL problems that can be caused by ACA.

Thank you for making me think of that, I'll need to research a bit further, but you're right, that could very well hurt a lot of people.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

wait wait I know this thread isnt about the patriot act but were you trying to say that after 5 years of the patriot act, it was good?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Clearly 100% of the people in this poll has no idea how things work. Like the op said with Obama still in office they really have no chance in repealing the law. Also seeing how the Dems approval rating is higher than the GOP right now there is a small chance that they will take over congress.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So more americans will be disapointed by there government, jeb bush or hillary clinton will not repeal it, both sides are lying to you, they need them votes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

A new recent poll from Rasmussen has the "success" of Obama.Care at a meager 23%.

They also say 62% think Obama.Care will be repealed if Republicans get control of Congress in November. (I guess they don't realize Obama will still be POTUS and a veto would need to be over-ridden) but that's beside the point.

Here, let me fix that for you

23% people aren't able to be brainwashed by FOX News and actually think for themselves (we called the wrong number)

62% are complete idiots, (or what we like to call FOX News' core demographic) and believe everything we tell them no matter how stupid it is.

46% of FOX News brainwashed idiots that we've been telling to think this way since this was a bill said it was a failure.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yeah and look where that got us.

As far as obamacare goes I don't think it's a good idea to mandate people into buying products under threat of penalty or taxes. Don't get me wrong, people do need healthcare. It's just that under this mess people who are already struggling are forced into even more monetary hardship.

Sure when a catastrophe happens maybe they'll be saved by super expensive medical care. Maybe not if the ambulance drives right past the hospital because it's not in the covered network.

Also we have simply ridiculous deductibles and co-pay to be met before a doctor is seen in many cases. That won't help poor people who pass up preventative care because they can't afford it and then have massive medical issues later.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Repeal no , Defunding is a Possibility though if those Reps. want to Stay in Office curtesy of their Local Constituents .

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Bassago

Yeah and look where that got us.

As far as obamacare goes I don't think it's a good idea to mandate people into buying products under threat of penalty or taxes. Don't get me wrong, people do need healthcare. It's just that under this mess people who are already struggling are forced into even more monetary hardship.

Sure when a catastrophe happens maybe they'll be saved by super expensive medical care. Maybe not if the ambulance drives right past the hospital because it's not in the covered network.

Also we have simply ridiculous deductibles and co-pay to be met before a doctor is seen in many cases. That won't help poor people who pass up preventative care because they can't afford it and then have massive medical issues later.

Great Post , you have made a Good Point there . BRAVO !

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

no no,

I'm just saying people WAITED for results before they started talk about repeal or expansion or something of that nature.

~tenth

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

HauntWok

23% people aren't able to be brainwashed by FOX News and actually think for themselves (we called the wrong number)

62% are complete idiots, (or what we like to call FOX News' core demographic) and believe everything we tell them no matter how stupid it is.

46% of FOX News brainwashed idiots that we've been telling to think this way since this was a bill said it was a failure.

Well gee willikers.

I never thought of that

But what did "they" learn from MSNBC ? The "Opposite" ?

Wait. Maybe they all DID watch MSNBC !!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You didn't fix a thing. But you did show your partisan stripes. FoxNews had nothing to do with this poll. It was Rasmussen. But since you disagree with it...it just has to be those eeeevvvviiiillll people over at Fox...Right?

This law is screwed up, point blank and period. But apparently it is not affecting you in a negative way, so it must be good.

Try reading the links before you comment...you'll look more informed that way.
edit on 8-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

HauntWok

But , but , what about the People who Don't Watch FOX or MSNBC ? Are they Dumb too ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah I guess you could say that about the passing of the patriot act and the start of it. But I think there were still some out there who from jump were saying th epatriot act was bad. But that was the Cheney/Bush squad sneaking it in because ever one was traumatized by 9/11

I once again apologize for being off topic

But everyone must know that the patriot act is one of the worst legislations known to man

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Repeal no , Defunding is a Possibility though if those Reps. want to Stay in Office curtesy of their Local Constituents .

They can't defund it either. Remember Cruz tried that with his useless speech where he couldn't finish green eggs and ham.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

buster2010

Zanti Misfit

They can't defund it either. Remember Cruz tried that with his useless speech where he couldn't finish green eggs and ham.

They can defund.

But "they" need a majority in Congress.

I think "they" would engage in selective defunding.

Probably better than funding the entire thing as it is.

Right now, nobody has a clear majority in Congress.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't think the affordable part will be affordable till the corporations and business are apart of the equation. This I think is the error in rolling out the law.

Plus if you put hundreds of millions of dollars into a media campaign against the law are you surprised many would be against it?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

American-philosopher

Yeah I guess you could say that about the passing of the patriot act and the start of it. But I think there were still some out there who from jump were saying th epatriot act was bad. But that was the Cheney/Bush squad sneaking it in because ever one was traumatized by 9/11

I once again apologize for being off topic

But everyone must know that the patriot act is one of the worst legislations known to man

So True . The Excuse of Passing the Patriot Act was because of an Imagined Foreign Terrorist Threat , but all it has Accomplished to date is make the People of America Fear their Own Government Agencies who have Misused the Power the Patriot Act Bestowed upon them by Spying on it's own Non Terroristic Citizens and Trashing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the process . I wonder what Tommy Jefferson would say about that if he were Alive today ?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join