It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9/11 Rant. Deal with it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have always loved the romantic vision of the Government conspiracy and the lone keyboard warrior teaming up with his comrades through cyberspace to expose the dastardly plot. I think it makes for a wonderful plot line to many Hollywood blockbusters, it makes for amazing page turning books and throughout my younger years even had me believing in the NWO and that they were behind the attacks of 9/11, and that I, I knew what “they” had done and was determined to expose them. With age, study and I would like to think a little wisdom I have come to learn that idea that “they” are behind it is all is a fantasy that belongs in the realms of Hollywood.

You see as a individual who is highly sceptical of many popular conspiracies and who does, believe it or not invest quite a bit of my free time investigating them, I am often left aghast that the very people who proclaim to have the “secret” truth often know so little of their subject matter. In my view any individual who professes to “know” 9/11 was an inside job should only be able to do so if they have a very extensive knowledge of the subject yet so often many do not because if they did they would know just how removed from reality it is to argue that 9/11 was a false flag. Please keep in mind this comes from the perspective of a individual who has gone from hardcore truthers to skeptic.

You see I like to think of myself as a logical guy, I go where the evidence leads me, I once believed 9/11 was an inside job and now I do not based on the evidence and research I have done. Quite often in a debate I will try to impart some of this knowledge only to have my head metaphorically bashed in with the cyberspace bat. They (the truthers) then have the audacity to call me “ignorant” when they don’t even seem able to spell Al-Qa’ida or have read the commission report (or any book for that matter on the subject), they treat me and others like me like dirt. I believe the official story of 9/11 so in their eyes there is absolutely no possibility I know what I am talking about so I must be the village idiot who believes anything the government tells me because I fear them. The idea that I actually know what I am talking about seems to be lost on them simply because I do not believe what they believe.

It drives me crazy at times, that in the vastness of cyberspace I am surrounded by all these people who are seemingly intelligent (that’s right I am not calling any of you stupid) yet seem to believe this absurd fairy tale but not only that but that they will defend it. And furthermore, many of them don’t seem to have a ounce of respect for anyone who disagrees with them, really you want to experience exactly what I am talking about go create a thread about how you believe the official story and just lie back and await the torrent of disguised abuse that follows.

Now don’t get me wrong I love the thrill of the debate, but sometimes, I just get the feeling that all those truthers out there know just how crazy they sound to the rest of the world. For us who can accept that a $20 bill is just that without any origami or for who it is not such a stretch to believe that 19 dudes just might be psychotic enough to go fly planes into buildings and that such a catastrophic attack on a building might cause it to have a spectacular collapse you truthers sound crazy.

There I said it.

You all sound crazy.

Like, properly mental, off your face, bonkers, CRAZY!!!.

But no let me guess.... let me, predict your response.

I am the crazy one because I believe the crap the government have stuffed down my throat regarding the official story. I must be crazy to believe it was 19 Radical Islamists, and not some super secret government (NWO) false flag plot with super-duper-top-secret nanothermite or fake planes with lasers form space and mini nukes covertly brought in on the backs of time traveling dinosaurs all directed by the anti-Christ Barry Husain Osama-Obama?

Really!!!!!

The attitude that I get from some members on the 9/11 forum is really starting to drive me as crazy as Mr. Truther so clearly is.

You seem totally obvious to the impression you give out to the rest of the world that you are more than just a few sandwiches short of a pick-nick.

edit on 8-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: time traveling dinosaurs

edit on 8-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Quite a long rant don't ya think?

All you needed to say was, "I believe the official story even though it is flawed, and anyone whom questions it is crazy!"!!!!!

There ya go! I shortened your rant for those whom don't want to read all of your words sticking up for the governments story!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

They (the truthers) then have the audacity to call me “ignorant” when they don’t even seem able to spell Al-Qa’ida

That is because its spelled القاعدة‎

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

All you needed to say was, "I believe the official story even though it is flawed, and anyone whom questions it is crazy!"!!!!!

Yeah thanks for that, thats about the sum of it.

I am getting fed up of being polite.

I would say that you sound crazy not that you are crazy the difference is subtle but important.

But yeah if you still doubt (again doubt rather than question) you sound crazy.

So if i can reshape that for you.

"All you need to say was "I believe the offical story even though it is flawed, anyone whom doubts it sounds crazy (in my opinion)"

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You can't argue with physics. Regardless of who was responsible, buildings don't fall like that without lots of help. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit
You can't argue with physics. Regardless of who was responsible, buildings don't fall like that without lots of help. Sorry.

Sorry but yes they do.

And they did.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The antichrist LOL
Dinosaurs LOL

I think someone will blame the illuminati LOL

We might have differing opinions but I get what you are saying and will reiterate the point I love with this thread in my own words.

Do people not realize what they are even posting??
Your word is all you have in life and so is your reputation...are people really that careless to speak out of their asses like they do on these boards thinking it does not matter?

I have never made a 911 thread because I don't PRETEND to KNOW anything.
I get what you are saying and agree to a certain point.

Who knows...both of us might be called shills for our opinions.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah thanks for that, thats about the sum of it.

I am getting fed up of being polite.

I would say that you sound crazy not that you are crazy the difference is subtle but important.

But yeah if you still doubt (again doubt rather than question) you sound crazy.

So if i can reshape that for you.

"All you need to say was "I believe the offical story even though it is flawed, anyone whom doubts it sounds crazy (in my opinion)"

Why would you need to "reshape" my opinion, UNLESS YOU WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT?????????

As much as I disagree with you, I would NEVER want to "reshape" anyone's opinion! The freedom of speech is a very valuable thing to me, whether I agree or disagree with anyone! Have you ever read the book Fahrenheit 451????
edit on 8-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Who knows...both of us might be called shills for our opinions.

That didn't take long at all did it??

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was hoping you would wield your sword of truth on this rant.

The anger people feel when conspiracies are proposed is natural. Cognitive dissonance readily triggers anger.

Were you to offer, some information about why "engineers and architects for 9/11 truth" are illogical or ignorant I would be very interested. I'm also interested in the physics of the 747 and the limits of human pilots.

I'm a serial debunker that has eaten the red pill on this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why would you need to "reshape" my opinion

Not trying to "reshape" it only to challenge it, because I think ignorance had to be challenged.

UNLESS YOU WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT?????????

Yes i work for the government.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No. They don't.

www.ae911truth.org...

www.scientistsfor911truth.org...

Do all the "research" you want from your keyboard. You're outclassed by people far smarter than both of us.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

That didn't take long at all did it??

meh....

its to be expected.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes I know that! Did you forget the time you and I got into a heated argument and you mentioned Langley??????

I didn't!

I am glad I made you mad enough to admit it again!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

TY, I was going to post TL;DR but you summed it up quite nicely

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's always easier to demean truthers or call them names like "crazy" than it is to deal with the evidence. That's a whole lot of architects, engineers, scientists, physicists, and PhD's that are crazy and don't know what they're talking about.

The universities they went to should be audited because they're giving out garbage education, and making too many crazy conspiracy theorists. [/sarcasm]

edit on 8-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

A&E for 9/11 truth you say, over 2000 Architects and Engineers who question the offical 9/11 narrative

They include in that number, students and professions such as "maritime engineers"

Besides the 145,000 members of the American society for Civil engineers seem to disagree with A&E for 9/11 truth.

So its my 145,000 member professional body vs your rag tag group of anyone who has (or might one day have) a degree in anything.

Think i know what side I will go for.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
LOL I loved that you agreed to the gist of your rant was "I believe the official story even though its flawed"
I still can never get over that.... You admit it is a flawed investigation and that they covered up parts of the investigation, but only the incompetence parts, no way they covered up involvement, that is blasphemy!!!!

How are you so sure it was 19 men btw? What proof is out there the puts 19 men on those planes?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

seeker1963

Yes I know that! Did you forget the time you and I got into a heated argument and you mentioned Langley??????

I didn't!

I am glad I made you mad enough to admit it again!

Yup I work for a Government agency.

you made me admit to it yet again.

not in Langley though

No I work for a organization much more secretive than the CIA...

They are called....

NHS Scotland....

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You're absolutely right. Most of the "conspiracies" promulgated on ATS aren't conspiracies at all, but the shrill meanderings of confused minds. Whether it's the laughable fallacy of chemtrails or the "we never landed on the moon" dingbats, if it's ignorance you want to deny, this ain't the place to do it.

But there's something here that lures us, you must admit. Perhaps it's the hope of finding a diamond in the rough, a gem of inspiration in this wasteland of fantasies with no grounding in reality. Once in a great while there is some enlightenment in the midst of these nattering nabobs of negativism.

But mostly it's a waste of time. Some people watch daytime TV. Some people get their jollies by hanging out at ATS. This is not a place where "stuff gets done!" You've got to realize that you are part of it, but this isn't going to be the place to fulfill your life's destiny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join