It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles, demons, and aliens O MY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some people at work were arguing over if mermaids were real or not, and I didn't really get involved I thought it was a little 'out there' buy it reminded me of a 'Note' I made a while back on Facebook, so I dug it up.
And, I thought I'd share it beyond my Facebook world since it has to do with what people on here are interested in.

Here we go:

"I don't know if anyone else notices but google sometimes changes their trademark multi coloured "Google" logo on the search engine main page to something that fits the date it is, or just something I guess a guy who works at google finds interesting and changes the logo.
Sept. 15 2009, their logo was of a crop circle and a typical flying saucer flying over head.

So I clicked on the logo and it did an auto search on crop circles. First thing that came to mind was Wikipedia, so I proceeded to click on that and read a little on crop circles. To my surprise I found some deep history on these strange forms of art. The first ever published and probably reported crop circle happened back in 1678 the indecent is known as the "Mowing Devil" and the image shows an artists depiction of a demon like figure mowing the crops in a circular pattern with a scythe.

The little pamphlet read as followed:

"Being a True Relation of a Farmer, who Bargaining with a Poor Mower, about the Cutting down Three Half Acres of Oats, upon the Mower's asking too much, the Farmer swore "That the Devil should Mow it, rather than He." And so it fell out, that that very Night, the Crop of Oats shew'd as if it had been all of a Flame, but next Morning appear'd so neatly Mow'd by the Devil, or some Infernal Spirit, that no Mortal Man was able to do the like.
Also, How the said Oats ly now in the Field, and the Owner has not Power to fetch them away."
(taken from Wikipedia)

The people of that age wouldn't have even thought of the idea of a extraterrestrial coming down and leaving messages in the crops of farmers, and hell, they would have never even thought of Aliens even existing!
They were worried about demons, the devil, ghosts, God, Witches, etc. and anything bad that happened it would be blamed on such mythical entities and or spirits. The times have changed quite a bit since then (obviously) and so has science fiction, we now have full length motion pictures and people writing their own stories and coming up with different plots and worlds and settings and the list can go on and on. Back in the 'ye olde days' they were worried about living and anything that got in their way had to do with the bible, and in the bible it talks about devils, demons, and spirits.

Pop culture also plays a huge roll in the development of human fears, people are still afraid of the demons and devils and stuff but not as much as say a creepy looking alien coming down while you sleep and taking you from your cozy bed, THAT'S the most frightening thing that can happen to someone and it doesn't help when you have movies about aliens, and TV Shows, and crazy nut cases writing on the internet about them.
Now does this mean aliens are not real? No I am not saying they aren't but I am saying it's most likely not even possible for such beings to visit our earth ... I won't get into detail but the probability of something like that to happen is so slim it's nearly impossible. And think about it if such a race of creature were to visit us, do you honestly think they came all this way to not try and communicate?
Anyways. In short what I am trying to say is, aliens are the modern demons from the past, and in the future who knows what people will be afraid of, sea people? lizards from the center of the earth? maybe back to demons and the devil, who knows all I know is my theory makes pretty good sense.

I also find it very interesting how the farmer in the original article gets into an argument with a guy who's job it is to mow crops and then the following night it turns out like this. And on fire haha. Perhaps the man who was denied his fine services was angered and attempted to burn down all his crops? But instead it failed and the fire burned out leaving a scared circular pattern that seems perfect but probably wasn't due to they couldn't fly! (well they could but unlikely everyone had a hot air balloon ready)"

I found it interesting how I mentioned (at the time) the most popular and frightening was aliens, and they were actually on their way out of pop culture, and demons were slowly making a comeback.
But then again I said something about sea people... mermaids anyone?
I feel like we love to be frightened, and scared and make up stories and lore for just about anything! Wonder where the whole mermaid thing will lead us.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

quote taken from your OP:

..."but next Morning appear'd so neatly Mow'd by the Devil, or some Infernal Spirit, that no Mortal Man was able to do the like.
Also, How the said Oats ly now in the Field, and the Owner has not Power to fetch them away."
(taken from Wikipedia) - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears like you didn't read the details of the said event correctly. But then, I don't put too much faith into the whole story. Much like the old tale of the little people coming to repair the shoes of a cobbler with too much work, etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

That's the point I am getting across. It's all stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

I get your point.

I have some experiences that tell me something else does go on involving "demons" whatever it is I don't know. I don't think it's just stories. Misunderstood so far probably, but something.. I don't think aliens are coming here, but I have seen a silent triangle craft really close up.

Maybe it's a magnetic thing? Most stories are just stories, but some might be true and in my own case beings affecting physical reality that may as well be called demons or spirits do exist. Maybe they are me? I dunno.

There's some devil stomping grounds thing near where I live. Nothing will grow there and the story is that it's a devil. I have known people to go there and there tent was moved out of the circle over night... Something...

new topics

top topics

join