It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida GOP House Candidate Moonlights as a Vampire Role-playing Gamer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Who cares what political candidates do on their off time? All I care about is whether or not they will do a good job! Clinton was a decent president and the majority of people- myself included- didn't give a rat's behind about whether or not he had "sex with that woman"! As long as they aren't sacrificing babies to reptilian space aliens or something a politicians hobbies should have no effect on their electability or their jobs.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

olaru12

ketsuko
Cool, I've done one WoD LARP in college. I had more fun doing Legend of the Five Rings LARPs at GenCon a couple times.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. It might up his cred in some sectors, lower it some others.
edit on 8-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

If his opponent has any political savy at all, he will post up a photo of Ted Yoho in costume. I would think he has enough baggage with a name like Yoho without adding real live geekyness to it. Good on the GOP for allowing him in the party; they try so hard to keep from looking like geeks.

All hail Ted Nugent!!

We real men dress up like cowboys, cops, sailors and red indians.
edit on 8-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Except when Nugent is running around in his diaper right?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Vampire while at work and vampire while off work. The guy really needs to learn how to relax.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Metallicus
We need more 'weird' people and less a-holes.

I would be okay with that being the US mantra for voting logic going forward.

Agreed 100%

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
These are the people who think two men getting married is weird?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

rupertg
These are the people who think two men getting married is weird?

No, not a marriage according to sacred definition, which we understand is not everyone's definition, but you don't seem to grasp is not everyone's definition, but you persist in trying to make it your definition for everyone anyway.

The best way to handle it would be to remove the government from it rather than make the government define it one way or the other.

But, you know, that whole idea of liberty is what you seem to think is weird.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love me some RPG's, especially the old Shadowrun....but LARPing has also seemed weird to me. Just my opinion....not my cup of tea.

But as others have stated, it doesn't matter what these people do in their spare time. If the serve their people, I could care less and I hope the dice fall in their favor.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
At almost 50, I still RPG, play D&D with old friends, play RPG computer games......

Seriously though, what some politician does on their own time, as long as it's not something illegal? I could really care less about that. As long as they are doing their job.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That's his damn business, not hurting anyone and in fact people can relate to him in that way. Not the first time a gamer/role player Politician was called out as such. Must be such a four letter word. Guess when you have nothing to attack, attack their character...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me or the environment I grew up in, but a grown man dressing up in a vampire costume, acting out in role playing games would have been labeled a "sissy" and treated as such. Fortunately for Mr. Yoho; times have changed.

Being as how American politics has morphed into a circus; it does seem appropriate for a rpg nerd to seek public office. If he would campaign in his vampire duds; at least that would show some guts and fit right in with the comedy of errors American politics has become.
edit on 8-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

ketsuko

greencmp

ketsuko
reply to post by Metallicus

Yep, yep, real life does get in the way of the game doesn't it?

Husband and I also used to play at least twice a month until our GM got deployed, then another group member moved back to NOLA, and the guy whose house we were using got divorced.

We could likely find a group, but they all play D&D, and I just have had too many back experiences with that system.
edit on 8-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

You know, what we may actually really need is a politician who plays "Call of Cthulhu".

Paranoia ...

No Star Wars West End edition

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If I lived there he would have gotten my vote.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
I love me some RPG's, especially the old Shadowrun....but LARPing has also seemed weird to me. Just my opinion....not my cup of tea.

But as others have stated, it doesn't matter what these people do in their spare time. If the serve their people, I could care less and I hope the dice fall in their favor.

Shadowrun was great, I guess they have an online and tabletop version now.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It may be innocent, but le bloodsucking vampire is a bad choice for a politician. The healer has already been taken by obama. People are fed up of knights, starting wars too and bishops as well.

What everybody has been waiting for is a wizard to sort it all out : D .

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I love stories like this.
It makes the GOP seem almost human.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A politician of the Republican variety a LARP'er
I bet he play's a member of clan Ventrue. He must of gotten bored of fake vampire politics and wants to try real vampire politics!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join