It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Nice catch. Can you really say you're surprised to see someone post this kind of thread?

Not surprised at all. Irritated.

It also bothers me that so many people (INCLUDING THE OP) have been brainwashed into thinking this way. If no one had told them that they were worthless sinners, they wouldn't be labeling and baiting and trying to terrify others.

Misery loves company, you know! I really can't think of a worse lifetime than walking around constantly worrying that one might mess up and then suffer eternal torture....except for possibly spending it hurting OTHERS and infecting them, KNOWINGLY.

It is a disease, though. A social disease - a pandemic on par with the Black Death. Of that I'm convinced. A contagious disease, usually hereditary, and TOTALLY PREVENTABLE.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

blaspheming the holy spirit, as I see it, is calling evil and demonic what is holy.

I'm pretty sure that bible quote comes in after the pharisees say that Christ power comes from beelzebub.
I don't know if the "what is holy" aspect is the point.
Elijah defeated the priests of Baal, but rather than seeing the fire that he actually called down as an indication of God's power, he instead felt powerless in the face of criticism by people for what he had done, and became fearful himself and went into hiding.
When Jesus was criticized by "the teachers of the Law" for what he was doing, apparently cavorting with demons, even though he was doing so to cast them out and to silence them, Jesus stood his ground, seeing that this ability was God's, and rather than he being afraid of his critics, it was they who should be afraid because they were actually criticizing God.
edit on 9-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Apologies, but I have to give my 2c here again.
If most people spread their focus around a little more than just their own religions, they will start to understand the bigger picture.
What I see in these threads is that there are so many that are so obsessed, focussed and educated about how good their own religion is, that they fail to see all logic.

My 12 year old son goes to a normal school that accommodates different cultures, but because most the teachers are Christian, they seem to try and force the kids into, what I believe is the ultimate "SIN", that is brainwash, which=deceit, which the church has done for 100's years, they actually are taught, that Christianity is the only true religion and all other religions are "DEMONIC"

I have never taught my child any lies, including the existence, of a singular God that sits in the clouds and a hell below the ground where you will burn for eternity if you sin, (as I am not convinced), along with the existence of Santa Claus, tooth fairy etc.
I seem to have achieved something very good by this, as there is so much trust and love between us, he also seems much maturer than his friends and even some of his teachers.
Believe me, kids are born cleverer each year. They already know things before they are taught. And most of them will detect any form of lies from a very young age, then how will you convince them, after they start to rebel, that you were telling them the truth, that you always perceived to be the truth as you learnt it from your elders.

As I have stated in another thread, if they just spread their focus around and studied some ancients like Sumerian, Aztek, Mayan cultures, and studied some other religions around the world today, with an open mind. They would realize that there are many common denominators throughout history that are the same for all cultures and religions, but we as different cultures have interpreted them differently.

To state this or that is blasphemous based on the teachings of one religion, to me, seems totally illogical.
Times are changing and rapidly, don't get left behind, seek truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

deadeyedick

captaintyinknots
reply to post by deadeyedick

If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The real question is why are you going out seeking a seeking out a battle with those who dont believe as you do?

This is what I dont get about religious people...they want to ccry "martyr" all the time....yet THEY are the ones generally starting the fight.

I suppose by battle you mean civil discoarse? Do you wish for me to become a martyr? No one but you has said fight. Were just talking.

Yeah, because civil discourse always starts with a statement such as:

If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are seeking out those who disagree with you in an attempt to start a fight. Pretty typical really.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Great replies. Stars for everyone!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

LOL

You got 5 stars for that meaningless sentence?

Are people on ATS allergic to elaboration?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople
reply to post by schuyler

LOL

You got 5 stars for that meaningless sentence?

Are people on ATS allergic to elaboration?

Some statements are more pithy than others. I'm sorry you failed to understand the issue here. Several other people obviously did. But allow me to elucidate for the brain dead. The original statement was "To believe in nothing spiritual ever is unforgivable," this after some tripe about blasphemy being forgivable and an acknowledgment, however reluctantly, that some people don't believe in God. But you condemn "blasphemy" against the "Holy Spirit." You don't approve of that, so you say it is unforgivable.

Now first of all, who is placing whom in a state of "unforgiveness" here? It sounds like you are. After all, you dismissed God in the previous sentence, so it can't be him because I am allowed (by you) to not even believe in him. Now, to put it bluntly: Who the HELL are YOU to judge anybody on whether or not they believe in something spiritual and to condemn them if they don't? Excuse me, fella, but you are in no position to judge one way or another whether that position is forgivable or not. You've shown no evidence whatsoever that you even understand what spirituality is. It's an arrogant and ignorant position to take. And for you to claim such a position shows clearly that you aren't spiritual at all. The "Holy Spirit"?? Really? It's a piece of religious dogma. Screw your holy spirit! It's meaningless outside your cult.

Secondly, "blasphemy" as a concept has NO MEANING whatsoever beyond your little group of brainwashed believers. What is really "unforgiveable" is people who consider themselves spiritual and adopt that mantle as their own, accusing other people not even signing off on their little delusions of blasphemy. How many people have been burned at the stake by "spiritual people" who have accused others of blasphemy? In fact, how many people have been burned at the stake because they reject the very concept of the "holy spirit"? Christians condemning Christians is not unusual. Ask the Cathars. Ask the Gnostics.

How many have died because of these BS arguments? Millions. Such attitudes have justified genocide because, after all, God is on your side. You want religious freedom and complain when you don't have it, then turn right around and condemn other people because they don't see the world the same way you do through your delusions about God and spirituality. It's the same old story, like the Puritans being "persecuted" in Europe, so they sail to America, plant their flag, and deny religious freedom to everyone else.

You can believe whatever you want, but at the point when you start saying that other people cannot be forgiven if they do not meet YOUR test of spirituality is when I say a POX on your house, sir. I completely reject your entire stance. You have no right whatsoever to stand in judgment of anyone else, ESPECIALLY on matters of spirituality, of which you and your cult exhibit a paltry understanding.

And that's why I find your stance "completely and utterly absurd." IMO it has no place in a civilized society. "Blasphemy" as a concept has no place in a civilized society AT ALL. It is the opposite of tolerance, ethnocentric in the extreme, and the seed of bigotry. It's not a solution; it is the PROBLEM, and arguably THE biggest impediment to progress we have in our way today. By all means you have the right to believe it, but you have NO RIGHT to push this idiocy off on anyone else.

Now that can be said in five words and be understood by anyone who shares the idea that you don't have the answer, or we can take a couple of thousand.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
and the pen just keeps on filling up... don't loose sight of the word. It is easy to believe that everything in this world should make sense but it truely does not.
edit on 10-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

and the pen just keeps on filling up... don't loose sight of the word. It is easy to believe that everything in this world should make sense but it truely does not.

Again....what?
Are you going to admit your duplicitous motives for making this thread?

You are trying to trap people into saying something you can then use to condemn them.

You're not even going to acknowledge that you are doing that???

(and you mean "lose", not "loose". And "truly", not "truely")
edit on 4/10/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

deadeyedick

On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by SaturnFX

It was done in loving kindness. Free will and the choice of the highest treason is to blame. Without free will God's creation is essentially an inanimate object. My God created the universe. You can enjoy choosing the God of your own desire, but they can't protect anyone.

I see it as many paths up a mountain to the top but every path is met by Jesus and he is the only way to proceed to the father. It is better now to choose his path at the front of the line. The other religions are false paths in the sense that they no longer can reach the top and need the cross to continue.

That makes me think of a vain view of Jesus needed his name uttered to be saved even if the person do everything right by the works. Sound more like the ego demonic ones including the devil itself, more interested in looking good and feeling powerful and idolized than what is righteous.

Jesus do not strike me as a fallen one in intent and nature so I cannot believe he will turn away anyone who do his work no matter view/garmentation. It is like sending a person to hell (not allowed to feel the grace of god and oneness with Jesus) because the person wears the wrong clothes. That kind of bullying attitude do not fit Jesus at all and I cannot think he would judge so poorly.
edit on 8-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

Right, like I mentioned before, Jesus is like God's instrument. He doesn't have free will the way the rest of us do, he is separate from humanity in this respect. He only executes judgement, he does not judge himself. God is the one that judges and establishes judgement; sometimes through Jesus, sometimes through judges, sometimes without any human being all. Jesus should be revered but it is folly to see him as a cheat code to get into heaven that can be exploited, sin, repent, sin, repent and make a habit of this purposefully, sinning in particular; sadly this is the attitude of some Christians. The only cheat code on heaven is the cheat code on Earth, that's serving God righteously, never to question what God insists.
edit on 10-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Again....what?

You are trying to trap people into saying something you can then use to condemn them.

I doobie leve that i admited it twice but with such poor gramer shard to pick up on. btw an open pit in the middle of a field marked with no trespassing sings is hardly a trap.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I doobie leve that i admited it twice but with such poor gramer shard to pick up on. btw an open pit in the middle of a field marked with no trespassing sings is hardly a trap.

HahaveryfunnyNOT.
Also, what's a trespassing sing, and even if there were some (which there aren't) how would they mark anything? As for the open pit in the middle of a field - your thread seems to be stuck in it.

btw is your user name supposed to be read as Dead-Eye-Dick, or Dead-Eyed-Ick? Changes the pronunciation, ya know.

Oh well, it was entertaining to come up with a pithy response to a useless thread. Well done. Better luck next go round.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

en.wikipedia.org...

Could be the source of his username. Not that it makes any difference, given that he is not the subject of this discussion.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

deadeyedick

BuzzyWigs

Again....what?

Ah, you admitted it then. Guess that's my cue. Thanks for the opportunity to blaspheme! *poofs*

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

my words carry much weight in unknown places in time and space where many will soon be. around 60million doomed is hardly a waste. perhaps i should do a repentance thread after my nightly grammer lessons.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Man finds it difficult fully to comprehend the significance and to grasp the meanings of evil, error, sin, and iniquity. Man is slow to perceive that contrastive perfection and imperfection produce potential evil; that conflicting truth and falsehood create confusing error; that the divine endowment of freewill choice eventuates in the divergent realms of sin and righteousness; that the persistent pursuit of divinity leads to the kingdom of God as contrasted with its continuous rejection, which leads to the domains of iniquity.

The Gods neither create evil nor permit sin and rebellion. Potential evil is time-existent in a universe embracing differential levels of perfection meanings and values. Sin is potential in all realms where imperfect beings are endowed with the ability to choose between good and evil. The very conflicting presence of truth and untruth, fact and falsehood, constitutes the potentiality of error. The deliberate choice of evil constitutes sin; the willful rejection of truth is error; the persistent pursuit of sin and error is iniquity.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

my words carry much weight in unknown places in time and space where many will soon be. around 60million doomed is hardly a waste. perhaps i should do a repentance thread after my nightly grammer lessons.
Oh i get it now! You are trying to coax people into blaspheming because you think all who do will go to hell, and you are trying to get them there.

Now THAT is the christian way, if ive ever seen it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Oh i get it now! You are trying to coax people into blaspheming because you think all who do will go to hell, and you are trying to get them there.

Yea that has been stated by me and others numerous times in the thread. Another answer could be that i was trying to take some of the bs talk against the holy spirit away. because it ran so rampent here. however not a single user accused me of that. Maybe the spirit was searching for that paul like character i spoke of in another thread..Perhaps everyone just needs someone to hate.
edit on 23-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Yea that has been stated by me and others numerous times in the thread. Another answer could be that i was trying to take some of the bs talk against the holy spirit away. because it ran so rampent here. however not a single user accused me of that. Maybe the spirit was searching for that paul like character i spoke of in another thread..Perhaps everyone just needs someone to hate.

I don't see how that was supposed to work. Eradicate blasphemy by provoking it. Uh, okay?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity Well you would have to assume that it would only work for those on the fence. I hold no hope for you.
however one stronger in faith does and he let me borrow some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join