It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

SaturnFX
reply to post by deadeyedick

Its my catholic upbringing understanding that the holy spirit is sort of the "soul force" of life...basically its us..sorta..its like a collective unification of all the souls on life, the interconnectedness and all sorts..

"dissing" on that is about as sensible as cursing yourself...which granted, I have done in the past, but usually after blowing all my rent money on booze and gambling or some such.

I agree with you. From my point of view it is chi/spiritual light from source going thru the chakras en-light-ning the body giving instances of extreme calm/peace of mind in a mad world feeling that the true nature of "what is" should be a symbiotic state of oneness.

edit on 8-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Destinyone

deadeyedick
It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin. I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning. If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit.

The God I know, doesn't give warnings, nor instill fear in people...only love.

Des

. True.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hmmm a possible answer is that denying the holy spirit or being blasphemous is essentially becoming a willful or knowing sinner to the point of complete cut off from spirit, so that when you die your physical death you carry on no further and dissolve back into the creator and therefore are unforgiven in the sense your personal or individual self is taken back out of individual existence, which makes sense because if one is to deny god within then on death there is no cause to continue existence as a portion/individual/spark of the creator.
just some thoughts on the subject

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't see how 'that' was blasphemous to the holy spirit. What is is being disrespectful and disloyal to that which you are supposed to serve in fear. Encouraging others to commit a treason against God on their own impulse while doing nothing of the like themselves is hardly blasphemous but it is ruthless.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

JokerThe1st

Hmmm a possible answer is that denying the holy spirit or being blasphemous is essentially becoming a willful or knowing sinner to the point of complete cut off from spirit, so that when you die your physical death you carry on no further and dissolve back into the creator and therefore are unforgiven in the sense your personal or individual self is taken back out of individual existence, which makes sense because if one is to deny god within then on death there is no cause to continue existence as a portion/individual/spark of the creator.
just some thoughts on the subject

No one can hinder God's plan and his plan is for every soul to serve him in righteousness. If one were to not serve God they would hinder his plan if it weren't for the fact that their souls burn in hell. The fire is of use to the righteous souls so the damned will not be missed as they are not needed to serve since they are already being used as what is basically coal. They are the unwilling slaves.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

My view is that Jesus was speaking specifically to the Pharisees. The Pharisees claimed that Jesus was able to heal and do miracles as a result of being demon possessed, and that was the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, and upon His baptism the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus like a dove.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

On7a7higher7plane
The fire is of use to the righteous souls so the damned will not be missed as they are not needed to serve since they are already being used as what is basically coal. They are the unwilling slaves.

What a primitive, vindictive, and evil god you have.

Your choice though.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It was done in loving kindness. Free will and the choice of the highest treason is to blame. Without free will God's creation is essentially an inanimate object. My God created the universe. You can enjoy choosing the God of your own desire, but they can't protect anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I get visions/memories and what i remember most from the holy spirit is just a feeling of being unwanted by the flesh as the spirit cries for help. Having to watch the torment that unbelief causes to the soul. After a while the angels put their foot down and made it unforgivable to protect from unnecessary torment to the savior.

It is very true that i welcome all that deny existance of the holy spirit to come and berate or blaspheme the holy spirit and i am very willing to accept my fate for actions. However it is said that some are above sin. So if you totally do not believe that jesus died for your future salvation then prove it by damning yourselves from fantasy land. It only makes the future that much easier.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

On7a7higher7plane

It was done in loving kindness. Free will and the choice of the highest treason is to blame. Without free will God's creation is essentially an inanimate object. My God created the universe. You can enjoy choosing the God of your own desire, but they can't protect anyone.

I see it as many paths up a mountain to the top but every path is met by Jesus and he is the only way to proceed to the father. It is better now to choose his path at the front of the line. The other religions are false paths in the sense that they no longer can reach the top and need the cross to continue.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

deadeyedick
It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin. I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning. If you do not believe in GOD then tell me using your best blasphemies of how my views hurt you or impeade on your everyday life and why you do not believe in the holy spirit.

I wrote a thread on this subject a while back

Blasphemy... More then you might think?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Other religions paths are not false if they provide true knowledge. Would Jesus allow a righteous servant of God to pass through to heaven under God's will even if they had never heard of Christianity, confessed to a priest or praised Jesus a single time? Jesus can not deviate from God's will, Jesus is an instrument of God. This is what separates him from humanity. Not even Jesus can protect one from God. But God can use Jesus to protect who he wills.
edit on 8-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

deadeyedick

On7a7higher7plane

I see it as many paths up a mountain to the top but every path is met by Jesus and he is the only way to proceed to the father. It is better now to choose his path at the front of the line. The other religions are false paths in the sense that they no longer can reach the top and need the cross to continue.

That makes me think of a vain view of Jesus needed his name uttered to be saved even if the person do everything right by the works. Sound more like the ego demonic ones including the devil itself, more interested in looking good and feeling powerful and idolized than what is righteous.

Jesus do not strike me as a fallen one in intent and nature so I cannot believe he will turn away anyone who do his work no matter view/garmentation. It is like sending a person to hell (not allowed to feel the grace of god and oneness with Jesus) because the person wears the wrong clothes. That kind of bullying attitude do not fit Jesus at all and I cannot think he would judge so poorly.
edit on 8-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I am wondering what your views of what is meant by this bible warning.
I don't think it is, what you said, a warning, if you mean a warning for us today, about something that we shouldn't do.
I think it is part of a story.
Mark 3:11&12 says.
Whenever the impure spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, “You are the Son of God.”
But he gave them strict orders not to tell others about him.

(2011 NIV)
OK, what was he doing here?
He was ordering these "impure spirits" as if they should obey him.
And who were the "others" that they were not supposed to tell?
Other spirits?
Then in verse 21 it says,
When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
(2011 NIV)
Heard about what?
His giving spirits commands?
That would seen awfully strange, and no wonder that the "teachers of the law" who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul! "
(verse 22)
I think that this part, interspersed in the main narrative, is an allusion to Elijah the Prophet.
What was Elijah doing calling down fire from heaven, when that was the prerogative of the priests of Baal.
People were seriously afraid of Elijah, to the point of being terrified of the man.
Jesus explains himself in verse 27,
In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house.
(2011 NIV)
basically, describing the principle, "desperate times require desperate measures".

edit on 8-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

SaturnFX

On7a7higher7plane
The fire is of use to the righteous souls so the damned will not be missed as they are not needed to serve since they are already being used as what is basically coal. They are the unwilling slaves.

What a primitive, vindictive, and evil god you have.

Your choice though.

Sounds about right, but you left out insecure

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well Op, we are a very communicative species, and language has always been an important aspect of any societal mystique, largely because it's such a basic thing for us humans : as individuals, we are formed by language.

Social elites therefore tend to have a very good grasp of language, and the sucessful ones have always recognized the importance of language in relation to the establishment and maintenance of their rule. Communication is essential to powerstructures, but can also be used to overthrow them, so it stands to reason that a ruling class would try to control certain aspects of a given language, especially when that language is used in relation to the mythos upon which their influence rests.

One easy way to do this is to make your language "sacred", like the arab civilisation did. By associating the muslim mystique to something as crucial to individual devellopement as language, you can create a very powerfull mental control structure, hardwiring religion into children as they learn social basics. Christian elites also did this, to a certain extent, with the latin language.

By controlling which words an individual is allowed to pronounce, you can control which ideas he is likely to think. And basically, that's what blasphemy is : a means to induce circular reflexion, by making it against the rules to de-sanctify the sacred. This in turn enforces several other intellectual loopholes used by the religious elite to maintain power hegemony, like the faith mechanic.

It's a very effective strategy when you're in a closed-circuit environement. Quite less so in an open one though. Religious powerstructures began to die the day Gutenberg invented the press, and were progressively replaced by the soveign-state structure.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

However it is said that some are above sin. So if you totally do not believe that jesus died for your future salvation then prove it by damning yourselves from fantasy land. It only makes the future that much easier.

Wait. Hold up a tick...

you are trying to get people to 'blaspheme' by your interpretation of what 'blasphemy' is - and telling them they'll roast in hell and won't be missed?

WOW. Talk about a baiting thread.
(Give 'em enough rope, they'll hang themselves.)

What a cheap and brainwashed shot at people.

You want to know how it offends or hurts others? By telling them they'll go to hell, that they're worthless no-hopers, sinners, and trash. That's how. What a load of CRAP. I sure as HELL hope you aren't a parent, firstly, and secondly, not a preacher either. Good God. Way to spread the oppression and self-loathing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

blaspheming the holy spirit, as I see it, is calling evil and demonic what is holy.

I'm pretty sure that bible quote comes in after the pharisees say that Christ power comes from beelzebub.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

However it is said that some are above sin. So if you totally do not believe that jesus died for your future salvation then prove it by damning yourselves from fantasy land. It only makes the future that much easier.

Wait. Hold up a tick...

you are trying to get people to 'blaspheme' by your interpretation of what 'blasphemy' is - and telling them they'll roast in hell and won't be missed?

WOW. Talk about a baiting thread.
(Give 'em enough rope, they'll hang themselves.)

What a cheap and brainwashed shot at people.

You want to know how it offends or hurts others? By telling them they'll go to hell, that they're worthless no-hopers, sinners, and trash. That's how. What a load of CRAP. I sure as HELL hope you aren't a parent, firstly, and secondly, not a preacher either. Good God. Way to spread the oppression and self-loathing.

Nice catch. Can you really say you're surprised to see someone post this kind of thread?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It is said that blasphemy of the holy spirit will go unforgivin.

This above applies to the Tribulation. We ( Christians ) who don't and will not play anti-Christ's game ( anti meaning 'instead of Christ' ) will be offered up before the anti-christ to speak against the true Christ and reject Him.

When you are offered up, you are not supposed to plan beforehand what you shall say but allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you. To reject to do so 'Is the Unpardonable Sin' .
edit on 9-4-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join