It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramids and Wikipedia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

Do you ever wonder why it's so hard to find pictures of the "pyramid" taken from a different angle? It's because from any other angle it ends up looking like what it actually is, a hill.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

Do you ever wonder why it's so hard to find pictures of the "pyramid" taken from a different angle? It's because from any other angle it ends up looking like what it actually is, a hill.

Yeah was noticing on some arial views that its not the 4 sided 'pyramid' shape and I personally believe it is another hill especially that the surrounding landscape is full of large mounds all in a similar shape.... well like any hill/mound/mountain lol

But on the other hand I allways find its best to make sure something is or isn't there. Id be just as happy with either result from a full blown excavation of the area. If its proven just another hill or anything else for that matter. The iportant thing is for an actual result not years of 'ifs and maybes' Back to your idea of only one side looking like the pyramid shape and to play devils advocate......A 'one/two sided pyramid design. As if built/dug into the existing mound. Then again Im clutching at straws to find any proof from a man made pyramid.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IMO, there is significant verifiable evidence that the Bosnian pyramids are NOT "natural" hills.

That evidence is supported by several highly reliable and recognized studies. Here are the results of that research:

One of the Bosnian Pyramids, the Pyramid of the Sun, is approximately one third taller than the ancient Egyptian Great Pyramid. The Pyramid of the Sun is constructed of five thick layers of concrete (sandstone slabs, almost one meter thick for each layer), with each layer containing a fifteen centimeter layer of clay in between. Underneath the concrete and clay, the inner pyramid consists of sandstone blocks.

The concrete blocks covering the hills are being excavated and samples of the concrete have been sent to prestigious labs all over the world to be tested. The tests resulted in several interesting findings about the concrete’s properties.

Source: www.bosnianpyramids.org...

edit on 9-4-2014 by Riddles because: Typos. It's always typos

edit on 9-4-2014 by Riddles because: (no reason given)

Please Review

post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least),

edit on 5/9/2014 by Blaine91555 because: Excessive quote removed.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The pyramid builder graves and quarters may also be from the pharonic restoration of the pyramid's and the sphynx, You know there are some whom believe the stone Horus of the Horizon which would have looked directly at the Celestial constellation of leo 12500 years ago was actually an anubis statue and that there was another on the opposite side of the nile which was robbed out after floods destroyed it to build cairo but I tend to feel it was a leonine form all along, though admittedly it may later have been recared as a jekyll before the pharoe had it carved into a crude likeness of himself.
That Staelae between it's paw's is the important clue, If you are putting new facing stoned onto an acient pyramid (A gargantuum feat in itself) then you can call yourself a pyramid builder, as you also I am sure know that in 166 ad the romans also performed a restoration of the sphynx enclosure and inscribed in greek is an account of this on the sphynx left paw but now not visible to the public due to modern masonry restorations.

davelivingston.com...

What of silbury hill, it looks just like a dromedon left by retreating ice but is actually a artificial mound far less artifact like than these pyramids, In fact people dug into it looking for treasure.

www.english-heritage.org.uk...

I believe they are pyramid's, and You know Troy found by Heinrich Schleimann was thought to be just a hill until he excavated, so was ninevah and babylon, the list goes on but what they found within those HILL's was what made those Dromedan like sites more interesting, These in bosnia look like pyramids and I believe that is exactly what they indeed are though natural occuring pyramid like mountains like the one at the head of the valley of the pharoahs in egypt do occur they are not like thise alligned to the cardinal point's or of perfect geometrical outlay but simple look like triangular pyramidal mountains so once again the analogy to a natural formation falls flat on it's face couple with that the fact that non naturally occuring structure exists within them and the case is closed, they are not natural or at least not totally, they may have been shaped or partially adapted, this occured several times in meso-america and elsewhere, also we already know that the greeks', romans and others built upon the top of these pyramids' but these finds are not at the top and are in line with the structures of similar type elsewhere such as thw white pyramid in chine which used rectagonal slabs on it's outside to retain the earthen core of that 1000 foot tall pyramid, other finds are also reported in the area such as the remnant of paving and possible plaza around the pyramids, there may indeed have been an entire city on the site, I dont' just think but feel these are artifacts constructed or shaped by intelligence.

edit on 9-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

Just to add to your post.
These slabs are similar to the construction of the outer casing of the white pyramid (not the material but the slabs used in that instance to retain the pyramid's core material from erosion).

en.wikipedia.org...
www.youtube.com...

Although it is said to be the tomb of an emperor it is also possible that the ancient structure was repurposed by that emperor and the chinese are sensative about non Han history and civilization in china, indeed they regard themselves as a superior human race though from the example of the great wall it was well within the ability of the chinese at that time though indeed there inhumane methods leave something to be desired as far as chin che gongs wall is concerned.

Some more on that one as there are some interesting possible parrallels as far as construction may be concerned,

archaeology.knoji.com...
coolinterestingstuff.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.skyscrapercity.com...

This is interesting though it's validity is in question, but may have bearing upon the bosnian site due to similarity of form and construction as well as the truly massive undertaking it would have been to construct them, what if there was an entire massive civilization like many legends claim.

haralambic.hubpages.com...

And as for lost ancient world's let's not forget the most famous story Atlantis (I mention this as there are indeed legends of lost civilizations dating back to antiquity) but not from plato's account but from other greek sources before him,

www.atlantisquest.com...

edit on 9-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GallopingFish

I absolutely agree with you. I know they certainly arent fake. I guess we always have to be suspicious of the YouTube-Wikipedia evidence....as evidence.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks so much for your reply. Never-the-less I am still left with the rather disappointing evidence that absolutely NO ONE paid any attention to the jest of my post.

Cripes, what does it take? Does it really matter how many scientific reviews take place?

Do people really give a flying crap about real, documented evidence, or are they just only interested with shooting off their mouth?

Honestly, you would think that verified evidence would matter. But it doesn't seem to.

BUMMER!!!…

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Riddles
Cripes, what does it take? Does it really matter how many scientific reviews take place?

What "scientific reviews"?

According to Osmanagić, the dig involved an international team of archaeologists from Australia, Austria, Ireland, United Kingdom and Slovenia.[10] However, many archaeologists he named have stated they had not agreed to participate and were never at the site.[11] He also claimed the support of an "Oxford archaeologist" who was actually an unqualified undergraduate, and his foundation's web site claimed support of a British Member of Parliament but the name given did not match any sitting member.[12]

and

Osmanagić also invited geologist and alternative archaeologist Robert Schoch to visit the site. In a preliminary report Schoch concluded that there were natural geological explanations for all the features asserted to be artificial by Osmanagić. In the case of the tunnels he further added: "The much-touted “ancient inscriptions” seem not to be ancient at all. I was told by a reliable source that the inscriptions were not there when members of the “pyramid team” initially entered the tunnels less than two years ago. The “ancient inscriptions” had been added since, perhaps non-maliciously, or perhaps as a downright hoax.[27] Schoch's website documents "extreme damage being done by the way the excavations are being performed," and accuses Osmanagić of launching "a deliberate smear campaign."[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

Honestly, you would think that verified evidence would matter. But it doesn't seem to.

The verified evidence shows it is not a man made pyramid, but as we have seen some people refue to accept the facts, but believe a hoaxer!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

For those that can't be bothered to read, here is a relevant presentation in video form from geopolymer

It is interesting stuff.
edit on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 01:22:13 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Scooch? I think this puts him in his place quite nicely. For that particular quote:

“The reliable source” for Schoch was geologist Nađa Nukić that led the Foundation’s geological work in 2006 when he visited. At that time Nukić employed her son at the site and also wanted her husband to become general manager of works. She asked for astronomical fees for her daily reports and in August 2006 the board of the Foundation suspended her from the project. It was at this time that she told Schoch the story about workers of the Foundation who allegedly “carved a couple of symbols at megalith K-1” and that several unknown artifacts were found.

In fact, the Foundation’s team, led by Egyptian geologist Dr. Ali Barakat discovered the megalith K-1 in the underground labyrinth along with the carved symbols.

link
edit on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 02:16:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GallopingFish

the problem with Wikipedia is that those that control it and others will always change things so they match with their beliefs. i keep on hearing about stuff like this, even the guys in Washington doing the movie on the original men in black (sorry can't think of the name right now), have been complaining about the Wikipedia entry being changed all the time, and dumping their input to maintain it as a non-real event. one good reason Wikipedia can not really be trusted as a source. for mundane non conspiracy topics they are generally ok as a "quickie source", but anything not "main stream" it will typically parrot the generally accepted viewpoint, and seemingly will not tolerate anything argumentative, or not following the accepted versions.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Wiki's a great source of easy information as long as readers check the sources and references when it matters to them. The Bosnian Pyramid wiki has 31 references from different sources covering pro-Osmanagic and pro-academic perspectives. 12 external links to choose from too.

Wiki doesn't dictate how archaeologists form their decisions. On top of that, wiki has no influence on resources like google scholar which allows us to access academic papers and/or abstracts.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
People seem to think that Wiki is the by-all and end-all of information. Its purely for light info, best on celebs but it is not an encyclopaedia Britannica and other sources ofor serious research are better.

I feel that any information about older civilisations than the old scholars and their vested ego's acknowledge is ridiculed.

The Egyptian pyramid man hates anything that suggests pyramids elsewhere predate his culture's efforts and so we seem to have a school-yard mentality with some of our best archaeologists and those in a position of helping the tourist trade.

Until we can get a number of sites around the world excavated we are still stabbing in the dark - despite the fact that many people instinctively feel that man was not the simpleton who took 200,000- years to go from stone tools to building fabulous citadels and then onto the motor car. I don't believe with our brains we were idle and its more an insult to man's intelligence to suggest we were to me. What we also have is very little experience as to how our planet can suddenly make changes to our land-masses and climate and the impact on humans these changes bring about..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

Mate, great informative post. Im really interested in the energy produced by pyramids. Infact pretty much all of it :-)

Don't get to down when a few people ignore the facts. Alot who dont post will not.

Just remember.
There is no arguing with a closed mind

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

GallopingFish
Im really interested in the energy produced by pyramids.

Exactly what energy would that be? Source?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

hellobruce

Riddles

What "scientific reviews"?

According to Osmanagić, the dig involved an international team of archaeologists from Australia, Austria, Ireland, United Kingdom and Slovenia.[10] However, many archaeologists he named have stated they had not agreed to participate and were never at the site.[11] He also claimed the support of an "Oxford archaeologist" who was actually an unqualified undergraduate, and his foundation's web site claimed support of a British Member of Parliament but the name given did not match any sitting member.[12]

and

Osmanagić also invited geologist and alternative archaeologist Robert Schoch to visit the site. In a preliminary report Schoch concluded that there were natural geological explanations for all the features asserted to be artificial by Osmanagić. In the case of the tunnels he further added: "The much-touted “ancient inscriptions” seem not to be ancient at all. I was told by a reliable source that the inscriptions were not there when members of the “pyramid team” initially entered the tunnels less than two years ago. The “ancient inscriptions” had been added since, perhaps non-maliciously, or perhaps as a downright hoax.[27] Schoch's website documents "extreme damage being done by the way the excavations are being performed," and accuses Osmanagić of launching "a deliberate smear campaign."[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

The verified evidence shows it is not a man made pyramid, but as we have seen some people refue to accept the facts, but believe a hoaxer!

I was referring specifically to the reviews done by various laboratories around the world, indicating that the Bosnian site is made up of "poured stone" i.e. concrete which is discussed in my above post. Since those studies definitely indicate that the structures are composed of geopolymers rather than natural rock, I'll stand my ground that the Bosnian site is man made.

In the last couple of decades, there is a lot to confirm that some, (not all) archaeological sites were made using a poured stone method. In many cases, poured stone is indistinguishable from cut stone to the naked eye. However, under electron microscopes the differences are readily apparent.

Poured stones contain more water than natural rock and they contain bubbles left over from the pouring process that are not present in natural rock.

Joseph Davidovitz pioneered this discovery. He has a fairly good website and discusses the archaeological implications here:

www.geopolymer.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

Listen Riddles you are dealing with three types of sceptic on these site's.
Real sceptics, they can usually be reasoned with and even brought over to your point of view or sometimes make you admit faults in your own opinions.
Vandalistic sceptics whose sole purpose is not to seek the truth but to obscure it or to win an argument even if they know they are wrong.
Religious sceptics, (I am religious but do not let it get in the way of reason) these tend to blindly claim something is wrong if it upsets there world view.

Now there may be more such as disinformants whom target sensative subjects and misinformants whom set up cover story's for whom these type of sites are there workplace and they use to spread there agenda, they target all conspiracy sites and as ATS is the number one site you can bet all that they strike here.

Frustration is maddening I know but look at like the ancient greeks in the tale of king sysiphus.
He was cast into a hole and given rounded boulder's to stack atop one another, every time he nearly reached the top he would fall down again and have to start from scratch (Wise greeks it sounds just like the pyramid or even the sinusoidal pattern the rise and fall of civilisations projected against time makes).
But when we do not try just like after the fall of a civilization we just lie there in trough between the peaks which represent each progressively greater civilization of that sinusoidal wave projection so keep it up and I enjoyed your thread, so did they or they would not have graffitied it.

edit on 11-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Riddles
Anyone who remembers the outcome of the old SRI experiments at Giza back in the mid 70s, will recall that when physicists aimed enormous amounts of cosmic ray energies at one of the pyramids, to the amazement of the experimenters, that pyramid sucked up and absorbed everything that was aimed at it.

LABTECH767
And as for lost ancient world's let's not forget the most famous story Atlantis (I mention this as there are indeed legends of lost civilizations dating back to antiquity) but not from plato's account but from other greek sources before him,

www.atlantisquest.com...

If you two believe the above, then it's no wonder you make the conscious choice to believe a fabulist concerning some hills in Bosnia.
Riddles:
"SRI Experiments":

ABSTRACT

A Joint Egyptian-American research team conducted electromagnetic sounder experiments during autumn 1974 with the primary objective of locating archaeologically significant chambers in the Giza area. Radio-frequency losses in the limestone rock of the area, ranging from 6 dB/m at 10 MHz to 25 dB/m at 150 MHz, appear to preclude much practical application of radio-frequency sounding in the vicinity of Giza. The high losses are contrary to expectations based on samples analyzed before the Giza experiments, but are consistent with later laboratory analyses made at the high temperature and high humidity characteristic of the Giza environment.
Source
More Here

Some "enormous amounts of cosmic rays," huh?
Labtech:
Your link provides only two sources prior to Plato, Herodotus and Hellanicus.

Regarding both, the term "Atlantis" translates as "of Atlas." The "Sea of Atlas" is the "Atlantis Sea." Hellanicus' work "Atlantis" seems (what fragments are left) to be about the descendants or family of Atlas the Titan (not the King Atlas from Plato's dialogue.)

There are a couple of other references to Atlantis in in the Histories - Book 4, Melpomene. The people living around Mount Atlas are referred to by Herodotus as "Atlantians." He explains that they get their name from the mountain, presumably a peak in the Atlas Mountain range:

184. From the Garmantians at a distance again of ten days' journey there is another hill of salt and spring of water, and men dwell round it called Atarantians, who alone of all men about whom we know are nameless; for while all taken together have the name Atarantians, each separate man of them has no name given to him. These utter curses against the Sun when he is at his height, 166 and moreover revile him with all manner of foul terms, because he oppresses them by his burning heat, both themselves and their land. After this at a distance of ten days' journey there is another hill of salt and spring of water, and men dwell round it. Near this salt hill is a mountain named Atlas, which is small in circuit and rounded on every side; and so exceedingly lofty is it said to be, that it is not possible to see its summits, for clouds never leave them either in the summer or in the winter. This the natives say is the pillar of the heaven. After this mountain these men got their name, for they are called Atlantians; and it is said that they neither eat anything that has life nor have any dreams.

You can read this in Greek and English starting here.

Our term "Atlantic" means exactly the same thing, "of Atlas." Hence, even in the modern age, the Atlantic Ocean is actually the "Ocean of Atlas."

Harte

edit on 4/12/2014 by Harte because: I Said So!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Riddles
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks so much for your reply. Never-the-less I am still left with the rather disappointing evidence that absolutely NO ONE paid any attention to the jest of my post.

Do people really give a flying crap about real, documented evidence, or are they just only interested with shooting off their mouth?

BUMMER!!!…

Unfortunately much of this evidence presented on www.bosnianpyramids.org just doesn't hold up to a close examination.

Joseph Davidovitz is mentioned prominently in your quote from www.bosnianpyramids.org, but did you do any checking into the accuracy of what was said about him? Yes the www.geopolymer.org website you linked does have a lot of info about his theories regarding the Egyptian pyramids, but I don't see anything about Bosnia. TO learn what he has to say about the so-called Bosnian pyramids you should check out his own website www.davidovits.info... aps-in-roman-concrete/

Following the chronology of his updates there, he sounded very excited at the prospect of what he was told existed at the Bosnia site, but his enthusiasm soon wanes. He did analyze a sample, but if you look at the pdf report he provides, you will see the sample did nto even come from the mountain, it came from a small rounded hill 4 kilometers away. He states that sample was a kind of Roman concrete ( yes the Romans knew od and used concrete ) and that based on the info from the drilling report that the sample was most likely taken from an underground cistern.

He also states quite clearly that -

The geopolymer concrete analyzed is a kind of Roman concrete, which in no way corresponds to the materials that constitute the casing of the pyramids and look like pudding stone. Consequently, the information published on the Bosnian Pyramids websites are inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Donner

Good Lord, everyone! Look who it is!

Been a while Donner.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you once again for giving me the info on where to find the actual pertinant Mahabharata verses (somewhat) corresponding to the oft quoted (and totally fabricated) scene concerning atomic war in Ancient India. I know it's been several years ago now, but I've used that post of yours a thousand times since then.

I easily can forget people on forums, as I'm sure you know. I won't forget you, however, not after that. Your name is attached to the saved post in my bookmark file.

Harte

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join