It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Oarfish Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey folks.

Another Oarfish has been sighted, this time in Baja, Mexico.

Some cultures consider the presence of Oarfish in shallow waters to be an omen. They are very rarely seen and, as the story goes, tend to appear in shallow waters before major tectonic events. The Ring has been active lately, so it is impossible to say whether this is indeed an omen or just indicative of the activity already going on along the ring.

edit on 8-4-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

It's good they sighted it, because I can't!

No, wait, there it is...

it'd better get out of there before some idiot grabs it and cooks it

edit on 8-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I was unaware of the lore associated with these creatures, but that was awesome!

According to traditional Japanese lore, the fish rise to the surface and beach themselves to warn of an impending earthquake - and there are scientific theories that bottom-dwelling fish may very well be susceptible to movements in seismic fault lines and act in uncharacteristic ways in advance of an earthquake

"But these are just old superstitions and there is no scientific relationship between these sightings and an earthquake," he said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
I still think there may be some correlation since these things reside in deep waters normally. It makes sense they would go shallow because of some type of disturbance.

Supposedly these things showed up before and during the Fukashima earthquakes. There has been significant activity on the west coast as of lately, so maybe they are a sign?
edit on 8-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah we are also expecting a pretty strong El Niño effect this year in Southern California. so the fact that the fish are responding differently than normal to abnormal ocean patterns relative to a non El Niño year is no surprise.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm lovin' the red Mohawk; it reminds me of my son-in-law!

Two dead ones washed up in California last year, but there wasn't any earthquake. Some think it was from radiation poisoning.

It will be interesting to see if anything unusual happens. S&F!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm terrible....I was wondering what an Oarfish tastes like as I watched that video earlier today. I bet it would be great salted in a brine with honey and smoked.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I like that do that it has,
haha jealous of that mohawk.

This fish is pretty big, looks like a giant eel.
Good find! Nature is pretty cool

top topics

join