It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't know how the officer is still alive, I had heard that he was not waering a bullet proof vest, he was hit seven times, four in the extremities and three in the body.

news.msn.com...

Perhaps the police have pushed too far, maybe this is the tip of teh iceburg of resentment by the people against the mad dogs in uniform we call [police] and now the police are the titanic straming blithly along.

I'm sure the policians and well connected will get their spot in a lifeboat but us riff raff taxpayers...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe it was this for real?

Sorry, couldnt resist after reading the story

edit on 4/8/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Any life cut short by violence is a tragedy.

I wonder what the details of the shooters motives will reveal.

What could of drove him to try and take an innocent life.

I hope the officers injured recover.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here we go....

Another shooting to Add to "why we need to ban guns" campaign.....

I live in CA , they have already taken our rights to open Cary ...

What next ?

Didn't they pass a gun law after the whole LA bank robbery shoot out ?

As for me and my guns "OPPS SORRY OFFICER I DONO WHAT HAPPEN TO MY GUNS,THINK THE JUST UP AND WALKED AWAY"

Just saying...

Maybe i am little overly dramatic...

Meh.... Oh well..

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Smells like a failed suicide by cop attempt. I mean what outcome outside of death would come logically to walking into a police station and opening fire?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
Here we go....

Another shooting to Add to "why we need to ban guns" campaign.....

It's actually a nice example supportive of ending "gun free" zones.

The attacker was put down immediately.

Replace police station with school and cop with teacher and the attacker would, as we have seen over and over, have had all the time in the world to keep shooting and moving.

Here is a non "gun free" zone and the assault ended as quickly as it began.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Although I'm no fan if the lapd I gotta say this one seems more like - crazy guy walks into police station and ambushes cops- not the other way around.

The station is sorta in my neighborhood and is on Venice blvd. Venice blvd in that area is relatively safe but its on the borders if several neighborhoods each with very different and varied denizens.

Could have very easily been a angry dude with a complaint who happened to be crazy enough to start shooting.

Like I said no fan of Leo's but in this case they were literally just standing there at a desk and doing nothing wrong.

edit on 8-4-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No life is innocent for the most part anymore. Especially power-tripping piglets. Still though this is clearly the wrong way to take action.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Clearly, the LA police department needs to become a "gun free zone".
edit on 9-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

benrl
Any life cut short by violence is a tragedy.

I wonder what the details of the shooters motives will reveal.

What could of drove him to try and take an innocent life.

I hope the officers injured recover.

As well as I do. I hate to see any human being lose their
life to violence.
edit on Ram40914v29201400000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

This is why cops have to act in a manner that is what we see today. Cops are just as much victims as the public.

Its why we need far far tougher measures when handing out gun licenses. Better checks and deeper vetting.

To many idiots in the US with firearms.

Should only be reserved for those who are worthy!!!!!

Any history of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, excessive emotional discrepancy must be clamped down on and included in banning certain types of people from having firearms. I have more of a problem with Mental Health patients past and present than I do with you're garden variety criminal.

Mental Health issues are not being scrutinized deeply enough!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

projectbane

This is why cops have to act in a manner that is what we see today. Cops are just as much victims as the public.

Its why we need far far tougher measures when handing out gun licenses. Better checks and deeper vetting.

To many idiots in the US with firearms.

Should only be reserved for those who are worthy!!!!!

Any history of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, excessive emotional discrepancy must be clamped down on and included in banning certain types of people from having firearms. I have more of a problem with Mental Health patients past and present than I do with you're garden variety criminal.

Mental Health issues are not being scrutinized deeply enough!!!!!!!!!

And I think it would be safe to assume that you think you would be worthy.
Why not just require a test for mental illness for every one that buys a firearm? Seems like the only way to make sure none would fall through the cracks.
Would you be ok with that? And if not, then why should fellow american citizens be subject to it?

And then we are back to the "worthy" issue, are we going to be required to bow at someones feet??

Mental health issues do not need to be scrutinized, they need to be addressed .
And it may come to a suprise to you but scrutinizing does not work well with mental illness, well last time I checked anyway.

I wonder... Would you be willing to go through the same test that some one with a past diagnosis had to?

top topics

join