It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we get rid of ObamaCare?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

AnteBellum

Now that Obamacare is here and 'you know who' will never abolish it. What steps are needed to get rid of it the first chance we get! Who or what do we need to do?

I don't think anyone has to do anything, O care can't stand on it's own and will be a bad memory within 10 years. But, if you want to do something sending emails and letters to your elected representatives can't hurt, let them know that you'll never forget and never forgive them for this.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i only see two ways obamacare is defeated.

1st one is that, during midterms the Dems are replaced by a Rep majority in the senate, reid is replaced as majority leader and i guess by then it will be about the 60th time that the house would have passed a bill to repeal the oamacare law, that will finally get to the senate floor. they pass it. obama will veto it and then congress overrides his veto.

2nd is we wind up having to tuff it out till 2016 elections, by then the country will be good and screwed up and new people will be in both the house and senate with a new president. and they vote to repeal the law.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by AnteBellum

So, you want to take health insurance away from millions of people? The question is: what would you replace it with?

When Obamacare was enacted, millions lost their insurance.

Where were you, then???

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I see that one way of getting rid of Obamacare is to convince the insurance companies that they will go bankrupt.

It is strange to see that the "common American" fight fiercely for the rights of the big insurance companies rather than the right to proper medical care for everyone.

Having a revolution to fight compassion is just another way of telling the rest of the world that a huge part of the US population is unintelligent and are willing to fight for the right to have Big Business cheat and defraud their fellow "'merkins", simply because they hope one day to be one of the leaches.

Still. If you must know.

You vote.

Just like you did when you made sure that the right people got into power so that you have

Secret arbitration.
The Patriot Act.
Violation of the 2nd amendment (where it says "well regulated").
Juridical persons.
Companies being able to drown a persons legal rights simply by having more money to pay more expensive lawyers.
Protection of companies and persons willfully deceiving because the people being cheated "should know better".
etc. etc.
Ad Nauseam

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ok. So it is abolished. Then what?

In the "good old days" before Obamacare, I spent TEN YEARS unable to purchase insurance due to "automatic denial" - why? Well, I had the audacity to have cancer at a young age. Thank goodness I survived without having any follow-up care, because honestly I couldn't afford to pay it out of pocket. Insurance is supposed to be there for when the worst happens; well, it did. And as soon as the insurance companies could dump me, they did.

So I waited 10 years to get insurance before having kids. Finally, I had a child - I had to purchase an insurance rider for pregnancy and wait until it kicked in - something like 9 to 12 months - I don't remember. This child had severe autism. Amazingly, the insurance we had didn't cover much on autism. So we had to go to the state and apply for medicaid disability-only coverage, which took two and a half years to come through due to lack of funding. Yes, the for-profit companies bumped care over to the state to pay for, because they could.

Meanwhile, we had another child - it was unexpected despite taking precautions, so no pregnancy rider and no birth coverage. It would be all out of pocket. Well, this child had a severe congenital heart defect that would require inducement and immediate open-heart surgery at a fancy hospital. They recommended I stay two nights in order to recover. I stayed one because I couldn't pay for it, despite it being medically advisable. We could get the child covered, but not the birth. That was the first in a string of huge medical costs, because three open-heart surgeries are expensive, even at 20% + deductible and annual out-of-pocket expenses. Autism is expensive, too, even with Medicaid disability-only insurance.

In the good old days, come the end of college, my second son would have no way of purchasing health insurance for himself due to "automatic denials" for his CHD and his ONLY choice (even through a workplace policy it would be uninsurable) would be poverty and staying poor so that he could go on Medicaid. I would call that suffering, too.

If you don't like the ACA and want to repeal it/abolish it/blow it to smithereens, then I ask you plainly: what do you plan on doing in its place?

The reason for mandated coverage is that insurance companies cannot function without a wide pool of funds to draw from - if they remove pre-existing conditions as they have done, then insurance companies have tons of sick people and not enough funds to pay for the care. That is only one aspect.

Yes, the ACA works within an already broken system to try and solve some of the worst injustices of it - and it is not by any means an easy problem to solve. For-profit medical care and insurance seems to me to be the reason for all the ills in the first place, but that's just me. Believe me, I had enough of their "gentle treatment" to NEVER trust an insurance company again. It's like thinking a credit card company is really your friend.

So, if you want to talk about people suffering, I have. I suffered long and hard over the way things WERE. My family suffered. We were RULED by insurance company policies on when we could have children, for God's sake!!!

In any case, BEFORE "abolishing the ACA" PLEASE know the very real issues behind it's unwieldy policies. Think of something better to improve it with. Simply dismantling the first ounce of hope I've had for my child's future, not to mention the easing of ridiculous premiums for our family (from $1200/mo to $504/mo), is NOT something I will support.

- AB

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I didn't participate and now I have to face the fact that I will be fined unless I juggle my tax returns in such a way as to not be owed money.

That in itself is like participation by default!
I hate feeling backed into a corner by things I disagree with.

I have to go for a bit, I will try to be more active on this thread soon.

I'm just so damn irritated, I can literally walk down the street and find people who are ready to go to war over this but feel helpless due to the crazy almost impossible to understand aspects of this. The information needed to understand this fully is overwhelming and written by lawyers, which should have been a good indicator of how this was going to turn out from the beginning.

Thanks. . . AB

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

AnteBellum
Now that Obamacare is here and 'you know who' will never abolish it. What steps are needed to get rid of it the first chance we get! Who or what do we need to do?

Simple stuff you and your neighbors can do:

1) Either leave your country and move to Europe where things are better than the US

or

2) Educate people you know by "opening their eyes" to the truth! Teach them history, show them that the ObamaCare, Obama and his fellows and the NWO are there not to help humanity but to extinguish humanity! And please, ask them politely to let others know about the problems all the Americans are passing through.

Many people have mud on their eyes. Be the change you want and help them see!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

jjkenobi

Even though it's highly unpopular I believe it is here to stay. It's a lasting ramification of the American people's voter turnout. Staying home and not voting does have a price. Whenever I hear someone say that my one word response is Obamacare.

I can almost buy this...

...until i remember that we elect via electoral college.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

jjkenobi

Even though it's highly unpopular I believe it is here to stay. It's a lasting ramification of the American people's voter turnout. Staying home and not voting does have a price. Whenever I hear someone say that my one word response is Obamacare.

At the moment staying home and not voting has a price. But only because there are still stupid people out there who still go and vote for these clowns.

It needs everyone to stop voting for it to work.

You guys are stuck with Obamacare because the worst anybody ever does is moan about it on message boards. Nobody actually does anything. It doesnt take 1 person, or 10,000 people. It needs everyone to say no to the crap that is forced upon you. Dont get me wrong i'm a victim of my own hipocracy but what can we do by ourselves?
edit on 1418Tuesday182014-04-08T13:18:14-05:001814 4 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

Not true. The House has submitted over 50 bills to the Senate to deal with the idiocy of Obamacare. You know what happens when they reach the Senate? The Democratic majority there kills them. If the Dems lose their senate majority things will happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

SaturnFX

AngryCymraeg

So, you want to take health insurance away from millions of people? The question is: what would you replace it with?

Freedom!

(sorry, figured I would just toss that in for easy stars...meaningless hollow words do well around these parts)

Thus you didn't get a star from me!

Sorry, but I have been around enough to no your history!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

seeker1963

SaturnFX

AngryCymraeg

Freedom!

(sorry, figured I would just toss that in for easy stars...meaningless hollow words do well around these parts)

Thus you didn't get a star from me!

Sorry, but I have been around enough to no your history!

My life is empty now
-shakes fist at the lords for people who no my history-
I prefer people who yes my history

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Sremmos80
reply to post by Destinyone

And I still don't think they will send armed people to your house to put a lien on it.....
That was the point I was refuting

If someone on ATS said it, it must be true...after all, nothing but on the up information around here...who would use nonsense scare tactics and complete bullsnip for a opposing political ideology?

Who shows up at your house when a lien is put on your property?

The Sheriffs Department!!!

Whom are they?

Men with guns!

Tell me I am wrong and I will retract my statement!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Wait until the people who are getting 'free' insurance get their tax bill next year, those Obamacare subsidies are going to be taxed as income.

Keep your head above water for the first year and then sit back and watch the fireworks when the poor realize that the people who are paying for their free stuff is them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

seeker1963

SaturnFX

Sremmos80
reply to post by Destinyone

And I still don't think they will send armed people to your house to put a lien on it.....
That was the point I was refuting

If someone on ATS said it, it must be true...after all, nothing but on the up information around here...who would use nonsense scare tactics and complete bullsnip for a opposing political ideology?

Who shows up at your house when a lien is put on your property?

The Sheriffs Department!!!

Whom are they?

Men with guns!

Tell me I am wrong and I will retract my statement!

Your not completely incorrect, just wildly exaggerating the process. If you don't pay, then it starts up the chain of more aggressive means, to the point of creditors force selling the house (if its a house lien).
Anything can escalate to the point of police becoming involved...but the steps beforehand are typically creditor trying to come up with options.
Its a bit like saying, if you shoplift something, police will shoot you....not mentioning the many steps beforehand that would lead to that final confrontation.

•The creditor’s legal claim (lien or security interest) on the collateral for the debt. A lien gives the creditor the right to repossess the property or force its sale if you do not pay the debt. If the collateral is unavailable, the lender can sue you for the value of the collateral. A lien sticks with the property even if you give the property to someone else

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
1) Don't sign up for it.

2) Don't vote for democrats ever again, if you have.

3) Don't vote for establishment republicans who support obamacare or immigration reform.

4) Don't not vote. Not voting only allows voter fraud to be perpetrated more convincingly.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Do they show up right away or do they show up after a designated period of time?

Don't they show up for the eviction?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Did you forget?

Another member said this:

And I still don't think they will send armed people to your house to put a lien on it..... That was the point I was refuting

And this was your response

Now remember what you just said in my response as to sending men with guns to collect?

How am I "wildly exaggerating"? If you don't pay, they send men with guns to collect!

I live in a county that houses the sheriffs department! All they do is serve papers for the bankers, protect the judges in the courthouse and transport prisoners!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

ScientiaFortisDefendit
1) Don't sign up for it.

2) Don't vote for democrats ever again, if you have.

3) Don't vote for establishment republicans who support obamacare or immigration reform.

4) Don't not vote. Not voting only allows voter fraud to be perpetrated more convincingly.

add: I skimmed and read 4 as Don't vote. my bad, but there may be something to simply not voting..point follows (of course I am not suggesting not to vote, but rather, to realize we are actually getting what we want already
Voter disenfranchisement for the win.

Yes, don't vote...that way you can always complain about the administration.

Here is the deal folks. the system works fine. The government is actually a perfect representation of the insanity that is also known as the citizens of the US. We elect people, send them up, then complain about them because they aren't gods but rather, just common citizens we sent there to begin with.
We demand almost no taxes because we are greedy, then freak out when the politicians are being greedy jerkwads..like somehow it is only a politician who is greedy.
We vote for who we like, and we like people like us, and then when we see part of us making rules, we flip out because ultimately, as a whole, we are a bunch of greedy media influenced tools.

So maybe it is a situation where we shouldn't vote..not because the system doesn't work..but because it actually does, and it is a perfect representation of a imperfect society.
Or, we could try to decide what it is we truly want from a society..have the uncomfortable frank talk about what our visions are for the next 100 years and where we want to see ourselves, using facts instead of pretend ideals of what people should do.

But we wont...

So yeah..maybe he is right...just don't vote. at least then you can moan and pretend if your guys were running the show, everything would be perfect.
edit on 8-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

seeker1963

How am I "wildly exaggerating"? If you don't pay, they send men with guns to collect!

I live in a county that houses the sheriffs department! All they do is serve papers for the bankers, protect the judges in the courthouse and transport prisoners!

In the same tone though, men with guns also give you traffic tickets.

Will they shoot you?
unlikely unless you threaten their life.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by seeker1963

Do they show up right away or do they show up after a designated period of time?

Don't they show up for the eviction?

They show up on day 1, guns blazing...that's the image I get..else why discuss the guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join