page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
ObamaCare has to end!
It is a disaster.
I don't think any of you here need further explanation of that and if you do, type it in the search function.
I'm going to be brief for the sake of discussion:

Now that Obamacare is here and 'you know who' will never abolish it. What steps are needed to get rid of it the first chance we get! Who or what do we need to do?

I'm being blunt, my political stance has never been a vocal one. Many of you have better minds then mine for that arena. I'm just getting more and more upset reading and watching how this all consuming law/bill/mess is starting to destroy lives around us.
I would like to be more involved in the execution of this but my knowledge on the inner workings is limited.

Somehow I don't think it's as easy as electing a new president anymore. . .

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I think if I said what I felt they would delete my account here.

Sorry!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Even though it's highly unpopular I believe it is here to stay. It's a lasting ramification of the American people's voter turnout. Staying home and not voting does have a price. Whenever I hear someone say that my one word response is Obamacare.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

This. I tried to explain something along these lines to some people in the Hobby Lobby thread, but they weren't getting it and insisted that I was betraying my ideals. The only thing that will work is if we try to fight parts of the law until we detooth it into nothingness, like what corporate lawyers do to any new regulation that comes down the pipeline (think Dodd-Frank)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Don't participate.

Simple, really. If we don't participate, it can't go into effect.

Right now we have a few million going into a bigger version of Medicare.

The government enacted Obamacare as a tax to pay for the additional burden.

What needs to be done is opening up interstate trade for insurance (voluntary) and to enact tort reform.

But what we as simple peons can do is simply not participate in this tax. This mandated hell-hole of government oversight.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Making the insurance companies think they are going to go bankrupt would be one way to end it fast.

Another way would be to convince the current politicians that not only will they become unemployed, but they are going to lose their retirement benefits packages.

There are less legal ways of making it end that are more difficult to pull off such as a tax revolt, national strike, large scale viking style loot and plunder of any and everything that has a net worth about 20 bucks. Heck just shutting down the Beltway around DC would do it.

All in all the easiest way to fix a broken system is to prove to the even the dumbest person that the system is indeed broken.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well my vote is just going to be cancelled out by a dead persons vote that is going towards the agenda getting pushed. Once we have presidents that don't lose the popular vote and then still get elected you can talk to me about how the system isn't broken
Well the electoral college would need to be gone as well
And before you get on me about how obamacare didn't go through that process, make sure to cover how one set of elections can be broken and massively corrupt but the ones underneath it are not....

I agree with beezer, just don't participate and it can't come to fruition, get your friends and family to do the same

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When "they" come to your door with guns in hands and demand you pay up ...

Remember..

We told you so. Meaning Republicans.

Resist or surcum. In the end, we'll all be under his thumb. Well, except Elected members or congress and their staff.

No, the only way to end this will be with a lot of bloodshed I am afraid when all else fails.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ahabstar

All in all the easiest way to fix a broken system is to prove to the even the dumbest person that the system is indeed broken.

That is more difficult that it sounds, and will take years.

As others have posted, once a social program is in effect, taking it away is not only very difficult but often dangerous as the populous soon becomes dependent upon it and can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

jjkenobi

Even though it's highly unpopular I believe it is here to stay. It's a lasting ramification of the American people's voter turnout. Staying home and not voting does have a price. Whenever I hear someone say that my one word response is Obamacare.

At the moment staying home and not voting has a price. But only because there are still stupid people out there who still go and vote for these clowns.

It needs everyone to stop voting for it to work.

You guys are stuck with Obamacare because the worst anybody ever does is moan about it on message boards. Nobody actually does anything. It doesnt take 1 person, or 10,000 people. It needs everyone to say no to the crap that is forced upon you. Dont get me wrong i'm a victim of my own hipocracy but what can we do by ourselves?
edit on 1418Tuesday182014-04-08T13:18:14-05:001814 4 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's never going away. And this version of Obamacare is not the final version they have in store for us I'm afraid. Do you really think those small fines for not getting Obamacare will stay at those levels?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I think, for a start. We have to vote out the arsholes who voted it in, with Pelosi's ridiculous *we have to pass it to know what's in it* BS.

Seriously people. If you don't like being led by the nose to the financial slaughter house. Get off your butts, and vote come November.

All the clicking *likes* on fB, and starring posts here, will do nothing to change anything. Get out and vote your anger.

Talk to your friends and family...get as many people to vote as you can. Vote for the candidates, no matter what party, who run on a platform of abolishing Obamacare.

Do I sound angry? Yes, I am. Sorry to come across like a jerk, but WE are the only ones, who can make change happen.

Des

edit on 8-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

When "they" come to your door with guns in hands and demand you pay up ... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fine is 1% of your yearly income... I don't think door to door armed collections will happen... They can get that money from your tax return fairly easy

Republicans would love for you to think that door to door armed collections are going to happen, cause fear is the best way to get a BS message across.

Red and blue Left and right IT IS ALL THE SAME, stop choosing a side! Neither wants to help you

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I take it, you are aware, the IRS can place a lien on your home for not paying the fine...

There is a lot more at stake here, than a 1% fine.

Des

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
People waited for their work to give them health insurance. They did not, and not one cared.

This what happens when you only care about yourself and not the people suffering.

Drastic but its going to happen.

Too late to worry about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

And I still don't think they will send armed people to your house to put a lien on it.....
That was the point I was refuting

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So, you want to take health insurance away from millions of people? The question is: what would you replace it with?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

Maybe we can take out a lien against their retirements in order to pay for Obamacare?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

So, you want to take health insurance away from millions of people? The question is: what would you replace it with?

Freedom!

(sorry, figured I would just toss that in for easy stars...meaningless hollow words do well around these parts)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by Destinyone

And I still don't think they will send armed people to your house to put a lien on it.....
That was the point I was refuting

If someone on ATS said it, it must be true...after all, nothing but on the up information around here...who would use nonsense scare tactics and complete bullsnip for a opposing political ideology?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join