It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political madness proudly presents the George W. Bush art Gallery. (or what not to do when retire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

They'll be in his 'Private collection'

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Agreed! My tendency is to divest myself of opinion of who the artist is and look at just the art, itself. It's not the who that matters but the what in that kind of case. That said, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. While not my taste at all, I can acknowledge they are not bad. It's kind of like Picasso. Some think that his later paintings are really amazing. I find them strange but you know, I do find Guernica to be pretty amazing despite that.

Some people prefer the Surrealists, others prefer Pop Art and yet others think that Jackson Pollack made a name for himself just flinging paint onto a canvas. I've seen some pretty whacked out art in my day. I will never forget the time where I went to the museum to behold an actual toilet with a paper mache turd within it. LMAO. That was NOT art, dammit!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The teletubbies are so creepy I had forgotten about them, now ill have nightmares thank you, i bet the actors look like this

edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: my english is coming all yoda today

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

SaturnFX
Seems he is obviously a fan of Van Gogh's style, but he is lacking the vibrant colors VG used. Too washed out. If your going for realism, go for realism, but impressionistic allows (and perhaps even requires) striking qualities.

Otherwise, not bad...not really for an amateur, but he should really consider one style and let loose a bit more creativity.

-family art gallery business

Yes but G.W. is also a fan of Van Halen's
Nah! he wouldn't...would he? OMG! now I'm having nightmare trailers.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

smurfy

Bilk22
I think you're being harsh. Some of them are pretty good. The Dalai Lama is pretty darn good and I think all of them capture the subjects well. Without telling you who they are, their identities are unmistakable, which is the essence of successful portraits.

The Dalai Lama is straight off the photograph. It's a wonder too, why there are no pics of the ruling Saudi family.
There is a portrait of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. Should look at the link before commenting.

As for the portrait being copied from a photo, well that's how many artists paint portraits unless the subject is sitting in front of them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What a pile of crap and i would say that to anyone who painted them he is no Churchill or Hitler when it come's to the artwork thankfully he paint's for pleasure not for profit

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Bilk22

smurfy

Bilk22
I think you're being harsh. Some of them are pretty good. The Dalai Lama is pretty darn good and I think all of them capture the subjects well. Without telling you who they are, their identities are unmistakable, which is the essence of successful portraits.

The Dalai Lama is straight off the photograph. It's a wonder too, why there are no pics of the ruling Saudi family.

There is a portrait of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. Should look at the link before commenting.

As for the portrait being copied from a photo, well that's how many artists paint portraits unless the subject is sitting in front of them.

I said the ruling Family, a pity you didn't like the reference. As for the Dalai Lama, that was a response to another poster in it's own context. A pity you didn't look at the wordings before commenting.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, he could be singing.

(I added Nimoy and The Shat just because they always crack me up.)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by dollukka

The teletubbies are so creepy I had forgotten about them, now ill have nightmares thank you, i bet the actors look like this

edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: my english is coming all yoda today

Funny enough, I do see something in that pictures technique, it's definitely not in the same style as the others..the X-files mystery smoking man/politician, you could say is G.W. trying to tell us something there?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

ketsuko
Hey, he could be singing.

(I added Nimoy and The Shat just because they always crack me up.)

Yes, that's what really scares me, Van Halen...Right Now, it could even be a duet, say, G.W. and Daniel O'Donnell.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

smurfy

Bilk22

smurfy

Bilk22

I said the ruling Family, a pity you didn't like the reference. As for the Dalai Lama, that was a response to another poster in it's own context. A pity you didn't look at the wordings before commenting.
LOL pity you are so thin-skinned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join