It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US political madness proudly presents the George W. Bush art Gallery. (or what not to do when retire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm a bit lost for words here, did G.W. really mean it when he said the "right hand knows what the left hand is doing"

I'll just post one picture, you can see the rest at the... erum Yahoo link. O'l G.W. always the joker!

I'll presume Putin's portrait is very current.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I knew you could train monkeys to paint. But didn't know they could draw people pictures. how cute

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That "thing" is going to be worth millions some day........

Sadly......

Smh.....

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is Just in, Putin Sends out deathsquad to destroy Bush painting.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

His father is a much better artist. I did look at many of his paintings on line a couple of days ago and the first thing that came to my mind was Rod Serling's "Night Gallery".

They have a creepy look to them. But that's just my opinion.

I can draw a lot of things quite well, but for some reasons, any time I draw a human...it comes out all wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by smurfy

I knew you could train monkeys to paint. But didn't know they could draw people pictures. how cute

Yes, but he does have a cretain... sorry certain subtlety, notice how he captures the same moment his dad and the Dalai Lama were found eating unripe Goosegabs, (that's Irish for Gooseberries) BTW.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I could not do something like that not even with a gun to my head (my max art level was stick mans) good for him

You people just like to bash politicians too much

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

So does G.W. by the looks of things.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well .. he's doing a better job than I could do. I can't draw or paint at all.
I'm glad to see that he's found an enjoyable and harmless hobby to spend his golden years with.
That being said, if he were just someone off the street, these would be worth nothing.
Just the fact that it's the former POTUS painting them, means they'll be worth big $$
to collectors some day. So I guess he's creating 'wealth' ....

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

FlyersFan

I'm glad to see that he's found an enjoyable and harmless hobby.

So probably is the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not a fan of Bush in the slightest and I could list a string of complaints against the idea that would probably turn into an epic rant; however, these aren't half bad. They are a little awkward and clumsy now and then with the paint use and perspective but they really are stylized portraits that do manage to capture and reflect some emotion and personality. That last bit is actually pretty hard to do. I wouldn't hang one in my house just on the basis of the paintings themselves but they aren't terrible.

smurfy

FlyersFan

LMAO. No kidding! Keep painting, Bush!!!
edit on 8/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hes allot better at painting than he was ever was at politics, I'll give him that. Maybe he should have stuck with painting...In some parallel universe somewhere, George is a infamous painter who is locked up on death row for killing his controlling parents. Unlucky for us we got the warmongering asshole version which kind of makes it hard to appreciate the art been displayed.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think its great to see how politician as an "artist " sees another politician. In pictures you can embed a lot of feelings how you see particular person and what kind of impact this person had in you. What comes to Putin picture its "Mr.Death" being extremely cold and impassive and even the colorization of the skin reminds of corpse and the picture which he painted of his father has a bit elderly wisdom and respect for him.
Art is not always in the technique its more important that the art speaks to you. I personally think he has it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Seems he is obviously a fan of Van Gogh's style, but he is lacking the vibrant colors VG used. Too washed out. If your going for realism, go for realism, but impressionistic allows (and perhaps even requires) striking qualities.

Otherwise, not bad...not really for an amateur, but he should really consider one style and let loose a bit more creativity.

-family art gallery business

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, to be fair he has captured Putin's usual expression.......lol

...but why has Putin got two different skin colours???...like he never sunbathes his forehead.....

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think you're being harsh. Some of them are pretty good. The Dalai Lama is pretty darn good and I think all of them capture the subjects well. Without telling you who they are, their identities are unmistakable, which is the essence of successful portraits.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
Not a fan of Bush in the slightest and I could list a string of complaints against the idea that would probably turn into an epic rant; however, these aren't half bad. They are a little awkward and clumsy now and then with the paint use and perspective but they really are stylized portraits that do manage to capture and reflect some emotion and personality. That last bit is actually pretty hard to do. I wouldn't hang one in my house just on the basis of the paintings themselves but they aren't terrible.

smurfy

FlyersFan

LMAO. No kidding! Keep painting, Bush!!!]

Well, I did expect a mixed bag of reactions, It is all in the eye of the beholder to be sure. For me, I'll stick to what I said in the OP, I don't know what to think...that can be taken a myriad of ways.
Some elsewhere comments on the exhibition, bearing in mind the exhibition title,' A president's diplomacy'

"Looks like Southpark to me"
" Great job on Bill Cosby"
"The Bush family have always been a class act"
The last quote would not apply in a class of 35

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Did anyone see the Sky news reporters reaction when they did their 'piece' on this a few days ago?
Wish I could find it for you...she couldn't stop laughing at the Angela Merkel one....she had me in stitches.....the newsreader...not Merkel....
Rainbows
Jane

PS found the article (with more paintings), but not the broadcast sadly.....it was just one of those 'live TV moments'

news.sky.com...
edit on 8-4-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I know this is not G.W.Bush.. but i imagine the other president could have a world view like this.. just wait when he starts to paint his "views"

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Bilk22
I think you're being harsh. Some of them are pretty good. The Dalai Lama is pretty darn good and I think all of them capture the subjects well. Without telling you who they are, their identities are unmistakable, which is the essence of successful portraits.

The Dalai Lama is straight off the photograph. It's a wonder too, why there are no pics of the ruling Saudi family.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join