Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obamacare -->> Sharpest health insurance premium increases in years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's called regulatory capture. Something revolving door "capitalists" work to make happen. (In that case capitalist is in quotes, as a real capitalist would prefer a competitive market.) Nothing new either, guess what happened to cable rates back in the 1980's when it was made a felony to steal cable service? Or car insurance in those states where car insurance was made manditory?

Now what do you think your representatives were more sold on? Actually making health care more available to the public, or having something put into practice to boost their personal stock portfolio?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Dylan's show was always good. Funny how even MSNBC couldn't bear to keep him on. His show should have been called Hardball and Chris Matthews Slo Pitch Wiffle Ball. Must have really pissed off TPTB in media. Can't have rogue journalism, makes your guests look stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by grahag

I think that it's fantastic that more people are getting covered.

Me too, just think of all those millions of new people covered by healthcare... whoops.

Honestly I don't think it's working.

If the Republicans are smart..... they will run election commercials with this graph and a montage of President Obama saying "If you like your Insurance, you can Keep your insurance, If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor" running in the background and end the commercial with the graph and Text saying: "All that for this?????" Time for change.....

Tsunami is coming............

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why does anyone have to go to a Federal site to get Insurance? Why can't you just go to whatever insurance company you lie.
If you own a vehicle , you get your rate as you see fit..not as the government requires.
You can get limited tort, full coverage or anything in between. Same for home owners insurance.

So why is it so important that the government can cancel policies that they say are not sufficient to their standards?
If I am happy with my coverage and liabilities..why are we letting the Government dictating something else?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

The government isn't canceling the policies, the insurance companies are. That way they can force you to buy more expensive coverage that meets government "standards."

You can keep you're other coverage if the insurance company doesn't just do away with it but you'll still get penalized er, taxed.. whatever on your tax form for not being compliant to the emperor's new healthcare rule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join