It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 to 300 Miles Per Gallon for a car is to good to import to America ? Mileage tax ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I understand everything you have said. It is you who have not understood things I have said.

An alternator, PMA or not, connected to a fan running off airflow of the moving vehicle to charge batteries used to power the dry cell will just cause drag and energy loss.

From my post above. Which you don't seem to understand. But that's OK no need to be angry or annoyed.

Your squirel fan idea is free energy which you don't understand and the link I posted previously explains the physics and maths involved and how much energy you need, which once again you have not read or understood.

edit on 2-5-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I have told you my truck is not a regular driver I was never intending to get a charge off of highway miles hence why I explained the hinging system to set up the squirrel cage fan at stoped intervals in windy conditions to recharge. My god you are trying to overthink things or figure out my purpose. I just wanted info on the PMA that was all. Jeez get over it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That could be used in wind but not the other way which you said. I don't mind talking to you just take it easy and if you don't want to talk about this why do you keep coming back?
I find it interesting but you are clearly annoyed. If you'd read my posts more carefully and understood what I've said you wouldn't have any problems.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Look I have entertained the idea that it may be able to recoup some charge by placing it behind the cabin travel. Areodynamics are not a concern as the truck is as aerodynamic as a brick with the lift and tires which is a necessity for where I will be traveling and the trailer I will be towing. Once I get close to my destination I will require quite a bit of electrical power and at that point I doubt I will be using the dry cell at all.

Honestly though if you don't have any pertinent info on PMAs I think this will be my last post to you.

Edit to add.

As far as a pma for the engine goes if it can offer even the slightest increase in energy output or reduce the drag on my engine even a miniscule amount and as long as it is as dependable or hopefully more dependable than a standard alternator especially in a cold climate then it will be worth the small investment in changing it out here in the US and not be stranded in another country.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Try googling PMAs genius. And good luck with your truck engineering sounds like you'll need it.

edit on 2-5-2014 by JimTSpock because: typo

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah thanks for nothing captain obvious.

Well at least you aren't trying to link more articles on proper tire inflation to pass of as being helpful.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Actually those tips are surprisingly effective. I'm sure you know what your tyre psi is don't you? Tyre pressure is actually important and I take it seriously. I think I might stick to my normal very fast car sites to talk cars from now on. And I think ATS members might be supportive of that idea. lol.
edit on 2-5-2014 by JimTSpock because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Those tips are surprisingly effective to you. Well that explains a lot.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: genius

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So you do all that do you? Or you think it is all stupid? There you go with your hostile tone again.

Alright now this conversation is really getting stupid and you are no fun and not into cars so I'm out. You are however into snide remarks insults and dodgy hydrogen systems. lol. A fun exciting mix. Have fun on your travels and I hope your truck goes well.
edit on 2-5-2014 by JimTSpock because: Possibly experiencing slight thread drift in sector 4

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

This conversation was over a while back I see that.

As far as those tips you find so surprising look I know people can be lazy about maintenance but I have always considered them to be in the category as basic common knowledge.

However since I see that isn't always the case I will give you a little tip anytime there is a descent change in the temps you should recheck you TP and don't go by what is marked on the tire your specs will be on your car usually in the door frame or on the door if you want to get real technical you should run about 1 psi below the recommendations for extended highway trips.

I will not even get into offroad TP recommendations or go into synthetic ranges or recommendations. I really hope you aren't wasting money on 3K mile oil changes at least with cars built in the last few decades. But I will tell you micron oil filters are worth the money. lol Anyway it has been something that's for sure conversing with you.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So long as it doesn't interfere with their HEAVY investment in oil too much. It's called cost/benefit analysis. Yes, they will jump on something that can fill a niche market that gives them a competitive advantage but they will table anything that hurts the overall bottom line and they are too heavily invested in oil to do anything that threatens that substantially.

Anything that can be applied across the board on all transportation and ICE's (internal combustion engines) that could double their overall efficiency without added costs will be fought tooth and nails.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A local guy sold a patent he had for a carb system that got over a hundred miles to a gallon to an automaker. Now he wound up with a million bucks but the carb was never manufactured. That was a long time ago, an old guy I know well was telling me about it and even told me exactly where the guy used to live. I suppose the oil companies bought the patent from the auto company. The power derived was very good for the gas mileage. What a way to keep people dependent on oil.

Prove it. I work with a girl who is related to one of these super carb guys .. it's all bunk.

Most cars in europe don't meet our emission standards....fifty mpg seems like it would put out less emissions than twenty mpg in my book. After all, you are only using two fifths the fuel. I guess in this country they figure emissions on the gallon, not on the emissions produced per mile or time the engine is running. They should rate it on efficiency instead. I am not sure if I have this exactly correct in writing it but this is the broad scope of how it works.
If you emit 10x the emissions on half the fuel then you are still emitting 500% emissions. However the real problem is not emissions, it's safety testing. US has strict safety standards, you can't have a deathtrap car.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The guy quit his job and retired in Ishpeming. The carb he patented was modified and used, but it never got a hundred miles to a gallon on the application, instead they modified it for more power. I'd have to get the guys name again from an old friend of mine, I looked up his patents. I looked up what was designed from his patents. All of this went away when they designed fuel injection. But it was around for years....but there were no hundred mile per gallon cars.

They aren't 500 percent more emmissions in England and Germany, your blowing this all out of proportion. They have some efficient, powerful cars there with less emissions per mile. You have to figure miles traveled on a gallon of gas and not just the emissions on a gallon of gas. In a hundred miles if you burn twice as much gas you are going to put more emissions out in that trip than a car that puts out twenty five percent more emissions per gallon with half the gas.

Ask your carb guys what the air pump on the exhaust did....It made the cars meet emission standards by diluting the exhaust gasses while the pump actually decreased gas mileage a little. It was all a scam. I had my mechanics certification back in the eighties. Passed the mechanics tests on the day my daughter was born. Been working on my vehicles all my life. I even have a hoist in my garage...and have friends who owned garages.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

They aren't 500 percent more emmissions in England and Germany, your blowing this all out of proportion. They have some efficient, powerful cars there with less emissions per mile. You have to figure miles traveled on a gallon of gas and not just the emissions on a gallon of gas. In a hundred miles if you burn twice as much gas you are going to put more emissions out in that trip than a car that puts out twenty five percent more emissions per gallon with half the gas.

Prove it. Give me emissions per mile on a car that does not meet our standards, source it, and then show me that it's better than cars here. Until you do so you are making unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know you can get 10,000s of miles from one gallon of gas if you put a can of gas in the back of an electric car.....

The XL1 is not much different..

Here's a quick refresher on the specs, in case you forgot: the XL1 is a mid-engine, two-seat, rear-wheel drive car with a an 800cc turbodiesel engine coupled to an electric motor that gets power from a 5-kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It only has 74 combined horsepower and weighs 1,700 pounds thanks to carbon fiber, magnesium wheels and other lightweight materials. It also trades side mirrors for video cameras mounted in the doors.

Basically a midsize motor cycle turbodiesel engine with battery support... I'm sure with a 150k price tag EVERYONE would have one, but hey only building 250. Why not just buy the Tesla for less than 1/2 that with a 250 to 300 mile range and capabilities to recharge in an hour?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join