It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy's bishops pass Vatican-backed rule that child molestation does not have to be reported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

S + F

Words cannot describe how this type of news angers me.

"The Vatican, screwing up the world since its formation"

I had a feeling that this new pope was a joke.

He sure got a lot of good vibes from all the stuff his publicists put him up to though...he's just another puppet.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

You do make a good point as far as their confessional's are concerned but they sell indulgences .Big $ in doing that and if someone actually pays to molest a child , would the fact that they can absolve the person based on $ not cause a problem to begin with ? I am not asking you to make sense of it because there are so many things the RCC claims as doctrine that run counter to what the bible says ,you would have to be double minded for it to seem reasonable . But what you said may be how they will sell this new policy ....peace

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by 168617

You don't have much experience with the RCC do you? They consider their worshipers members for life unless they are physically ex-communicated. Even I as an agnostic am considered a non-practicing Catholic.

I am a Baptised Roman Catholic but guess what? They can tick me off as a follower all they want but when it comes down to it, I would rather convert to Islam than be named amongst that institution of child fiddlers. They are not spiritual leaders and never will be.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Staroth
Why do they seem to be obsessed with this? Why would anyone want a child sexually? It's disgusting!!!

Indeed!
And why aren't they practising what they PREACH???
Why are so many religious fanatics cruel and sadistic? Religious fanatics...shouldn't they be fanatical about being good to other people? Shouldn't they be taking love and humanity to a whole new level? Oh wait...they are.
The dirty disgusting hypocrite level.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yet another religion that reveals itself to be evil.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

bhaal
Yet another religion that reveals itself to be evil.

So the religion get's blamed for the actions of pedophile priests? If they understood their very own doctrine they wouldn't do these things and with that, the Bible actually warns that in the last days, these people will forbid to marry. So they aren't even close to a representative of religion.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Then you should know what I said is true. You don't have to like it, I certainly don't, but that is just what they think. It's a club for life that your parents decide to make you a member of when you cannot possibly make the decision on your own.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by 168617

Then you should know what I said is true. You don't have to like it, I certainly don't, but that is just what they think. It's a club for life that your parents decide to make you a member of when you cannot possibly make the decision on your own.

If they done the right thing I really wouldn't care but I tell you right now, if they were to start a war tomorrow, they would certainly know where I stand when it comes to their club. Regardless of what they say or think, I am not part of that club. I said I'm not part of that club is the part that really matters.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

We tend not to agree on many things......

I think there MAYBE more than just a small element of truth in this and what others have posted.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Can someone here help me with this.. Is the below true?

4. Jorge Bergoglio (alias Pope Francis) and other officials of the Vatican are now under criminal investigation for heinous offences involving the trafficking, torture and killing of children. We advise all persons to refrain from assisting Bergoglio and his agents under pain of summary conviction for participating in a proven criminal conspiracy emanating from the Curia and the Office of the Roman Pontiff.

Please stay alert for further announcements and actions.

This Statement has been issued on October 28, 2013 by the Central Directorate of the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State in Brussels, Belgium.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seems like they are just mimicking what the law states in various parts of Europe?

In some parts of Europe the laws regarding reporting child abuse are more lax and they were referring to Italy, same for Germany. I just searched this on google. As we all probably know, bishops are bound by the laws of the country they are in. In the U.S, my understanding is it is required to report child abuse and in some states, it is a felony not to report so this is meaningless in the U.S and say Canada.

Also, reading this morning through google hits that Catholic priests molest at the same rate as other organisations and the general population. Some even put the number (an average) lower by a percent or so. This is from statistics by universities and law enforcement that i read through google search.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Harvin because: Reformat

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Ah yes the religion that I grew up with. Somehow I knew they weren't going to change even with a radical new pope. It's funny how they also wonder why membership in the RCC has dropped so much.

Top ranking Catholics condone and conceil child rape? Where do I sign? Organized religion once again writing itself into obsolescence. God really is onboard with this??? Ok then.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Vatican are not the institution they claim to be.
Their public agenda and private agenda oppose one another.
As someone said "by their fruits you shall know them."
Anyone who has looked at the history of the Vatican knows that their fruits are and have always been,rotten to the core.

This is not a dig at your average Catholic,most of them have no idea of what the reality is,which is exactly how the vatican elite want it.

This isn't a new low for them either-look at the history of manipulating people into wars,pillaging of ancient cultures,Special brothels for the vatican elite of every perversion including animal brothels in rome(the street still retains the name),the wholesale slaughter of people who happened to belive in the wrong god,operation paperclip etc etc-The darkness has been in them for centuries.

Amazing and sick what people will do to keep hold of power..

edit on 8/4/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Silcone Synapse

This is not a dig at your average Catholic,most of them have no idea of what the reality is,which is exactly how the vatican elite want it.

This isn't a new low for them either-look at the history of manipulating people into wars,pillaging of ancient cultures,Special brothels for the vatican elite of every perversion including animal brothels in rome(the street still retains the name),the wholesale slaughter of people who happened to belive in the wrong god,operation paperclip etc etc-The darkness has been in them for centuries.

Amazing and sick what people will do to keep hold of power..

edit on 8/4/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

Or humanity as a whole. As far as the elite? Speaking of "the elite" or the elite in general, since this topic comes up often... have you seen what the average person is capable of? Just look at crime. And I am not part of any elite simply making a statement of fact as i see form the news and copious amounts reading and research.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Urantia1111

Krazysh0t
Ah yes the religion that I grew up with. Somehow I knew they weren't going to change even with a radical new pope. It's funny how they also wonder why membership in the RCC has dropped so much.

Top ranking Catholics condone and conceil child rape? Where do I sign? Organized religion once again writing itself into obsolescence. God really is onboard with this??? Ok then.

What makes you think that followers of the teachings of the Bible agree with what the Vatican is doing? To do what they are doing they cannot be following the teachings of the Bible and therefore cannot be Christian. Sometimes I think they are doing this on purpose simply to destroy the religion and the sad thing is, everyone's buying it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
How stupid do you have to be to remain of the "faithful" after centuries of evidence the RCC is just another type of mafia running a scam.....
The huge crimes of the church are in the open for all to see if they look.....
I can hardly wait for the revenge of the victims.....I hope that the guilty barstids start dying off real soon.....(would even like to help them on their way)
That said...humanity been screwing its children for a good long time....not just the fat priests...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Freeborn

We tend not to agree on many things......

I think there MAYBE more than just a small element of truth in this and what others have posted.

we agree on whats important it seems sometimes

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Harvin

elites are just people
it is said that many good ones were sold down the river on the titanic by some of the bad ones
trouble is
the good lose because they can't find it in them selves to stoop as low as the bad enjoy stooping

and its hard to come back from being corrupted...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

stirling

That said...humanity been screwing its children for a good long time....not just the fat priests...

Sadly that's a very true statement.
I just don't understand why SO many people use the 'word of God' to manipulate, oppress, suppress and victimize people/children.

Oh yeah....fear. Control. Power.
Where is the love?

jacy

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If this is true then I am disgusted with them and can only ask how many of these Bishop's are themselves offenders.
In my opinion they whom voted against the disclosure are themselves excomunicated at the highest level as did not christ say "Let the little ones come unto me" and are those whom perpetrate such crimes not the wolves waiting to snare the young and so prevent them from coming to the lord, indeed chasing them away by there actions.
Such Creatures ( and they are not men in my book ) as perpetrate such actions agains children deserve only one course of action but I am constrained against what I would like to say, they blacken the reputation of the true priests (Those whom believe what they preach as opposed to those for whom it is merely a convenient sect to hide there particular raft of perversions and a cushy job for life) and pull apart the unified opposition of the churches against far more dangerous religions (for whom child abuse is part of there belief - say no name, but child marriage and consumation one of the other two major religion's).
There are still people whom truly believe but preists should be allowed to marry and integrate into there community as it was originally before the heathen reforms of the church in the tenth century, indeed no church today follows the original model layed out by the apostles.

edit on 8-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join