It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Noah Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by valdonzontaz

Again, according to your anti-biblical posture the entire scriptural account is mythical. And that is the stance of a Godless atheist.

That pretty much sums up my belief.

The bible "stories" have been retold and regurgitated so many times that I would not be surprised one bit if every single story told today was completely made up. Sesationalized rhetoric to get the masses to believe that a select few have actually spoken to "god".

I am just curious why people today that claim to have spoken to god are either labeled a false prophet, kook, looney, or a fraud, whrn the same exact thing supposedly happened when your "word of god" was written.

As a "godless atheist" I enjoy watching movies. I will watch this flick when it hits the local Redbox, not because I want to disprove anything, just because I like.

By the way, I like Ozzy Osbourne also.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
THe Noah story is taken from an earlier Sumerian myth, as did the story of creation.
Ziusudra

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And that is the stance of a Godless atheist.

Many groups of people were considered godless atheists. Christians were one of them. Hence Christianity is the stance of a godless atheist. The godless atheist is in fine company it seems.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

That's a pretty fascinating theory about the Zohar rocks!

A lot of posters to respond to!

ETA: To add to your theory, that would explain why their clothes are vaguely futuristic.

edit on 8-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

An entirely good point. The term, the world, may have simply referred to the known world.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You and others have stated that the movie is bad, but have you even seen the movie? Granted, the whole movie from top to bottom is not great, but there are some redeeming qualities. Of course, it's not Oscar season, but I think that it was voted certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (last I heard).

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
You and others have stated that the movie is bad, but have you even seen the movie?

From the previews and the reviews of those who have seen it ... it's simply not anything I'd be interested in. The special effects look amazing .. Hollywood does that good. But the story itself doesn't interest me.

I just got back from Captain America. Everyone is saying how great it is. The special effects were very good, but the story itself was just okay to me.

People like what they like ... they don't like what they don't like ....
What is crappy to one person will be great to another.
What is great to one person will be crappy to someone else.

Whatever.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You make a good point, I'm not gonna deny that.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How do you know about any words uttered in the movie if you have not seen the movie?

Also, Ozzy believes in God. He prays before concerts and even sang songs (After Forever) admonishing those who think God is a fairytale. But this is off topic; just wanted to educate you.

And yes, I am a Christian

edit on 8-4-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Saving my movie money for Captain America.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleOwl

I'm with you. I think that the ultimate way of judging whether a movie is good or not is by watching it, but to each his own. The only exception I'd make is somebody like FlyersFan who apparently isn't interested in the subject matter. And actually the main reason I watched it is because I've been a fan of the director since Requiem For a Dream. I've seen all his movies, including Pi. And I for one don't care about what religious agenda any artist (in this case, the director) has. I think that the way to judge whether an artist has ill intent is to know his/her motive. And the only way to know that is if you're psychic or the Creator.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just went to watch Noah..........WOW!!!!!

Excellent movie, great actors, fantastic special effects, amazing storyline.
I understand now why Christians and Muslims complained about the story not being 'real' and why it has been banned in a few countries.

Noah has combined a blind faith in 'the creator' (never called God)......angels that look extraterrestrial....evolution.......spiritualism......veganism......It is very biblical in a way, but sooo not biblical at the same time, you have to watch to understand it.

The movie it's 2 hours long and it's so entertaining, it felt like it was 20 minutes.

I highly recommend it!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I personally liked it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I personally liked it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you! I loved it....and it made me think.......if I had been Noah......I couldn't have left everybody die.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join