It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uninsured Rate Sinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The uninsured rate is taking a dive. The more insured Americans the better it is for the economy and the cost of healthcare will soon drop.

A Gallup survey confirms that the percentage of Americans without health insurance has fallen from 17.1 percent to 15.6 percent, placing the uninsurance rate at the lowest rate since late 2008. The results comes just days after the Obama administration announced that 7.1 million Americans signed up for private coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Gallup found that the uninsured rate has fallen consistently since the end of 2013, with the highest gains among low-income Americans and African Americans. The uninsurance rate “for lower-income Americans dropped 3.2 points to 27.5% — the largest decline within any key subgroup — while the uninsured rate for blacks fell 3.3 points to 17.6%”:

www.gallup.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In U.S., Uninsured Rate Lowest Since 2008

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In the U.S., the uninsured rate dipped to 15.6% in the first quarter of 2014, a 1.5-percentage-point decline from the fourth quarter of 2013. The uninsured rate is now at the lowest level recorded since late 2008.

So it's back to the level it was waaaaay back in 2008, I guess I am not impressed yet (and I really want to be).

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I guess you're forgetting about the stock market crash and following recession that occurred in 2008, causing millions of people to lose their jobs and change many things about their lives, including whether or not they were insured. Getting us back to the same level as before the recession hit is a big step. These things take time. And that number would fall even lower if the conservative states would suck it up and accept the ACA AT NO COST TO THEM.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

What good is insurance if it doesnt pay for anything??? I work in 3rd party billing. January 1st, 2014 brought nothing but high premiums, high deductables, high copays, more claim rejections, more prior authorizations, and a spike in drug prices.

The newely insured were better off uninsured.
edit on 8-4-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well that certainly is encouraging.

Maybe the initial spike-up was from the recession.

What do ya think will happen when the next recession hits hard?

I say it'll be worse because insurance rates are sky high and rising faster than an alka-seltzer in cola.

Now what about that 15% ?

How do we force them to "sign-up" ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

But wouldn't climbing out of that recession and increasing employment do the same thing?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

What good is insurance if it doesnt pay for anything. I work in 3rd party billing. January 1st, 2014 brought nothing but high premiums, high deductables, high copays, more claim rejections, more prior authorizations, and a spike in drug prices.

Those facts should never be discussed. All that matters is that Obama says it's working. If he says it's working, the people getting screwed are lying. They just don't want free healthcare. They want to get sick and die simply because the president is black. /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

BELIEVERpriest

What good is insurance if it doesnt pay for anything. I work in 3rd party billing. January 1st, 2014 brought nothing but high premiums, high deductables, high copays, more claim rejections, more prior authorizations, and a spike in drug prices.

Those facts should never be discussed. All that matters is that Obama says it's working. If he says it's working, the people getting screwed are lying. They just don't want free healthcare. They want to get sick and die simply because the president is black. /sarcasm

My bad, I guess I should just take the Goverment cheese, make my crap sandwich and be satisfied with what the Prez was kind enough to give me. I forgot, the 'truth' is the new "racism".

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey OP, you joined a little over a week ago and make threads daily targeted against certain political groups while cheer leading for another.

We have members that do this for other political ideologies, but your voluminous parroting piques my suspicions.

Are you insured?

Is your deductible less than it was before?

Are you a shill or just really enthusiastic?

-FBB

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

he United States has seen "a net loss of people with health insurance" because of Obamacare.
John Boehner on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 in a press conference

www.politifact.com...

guess it depends who you ask

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you believe that visiting the website without actually signing up or paying anything means you are enrolled in Obamacare the numbers add up.
If you let pesky things like "reality" or "the truth" get in the way, you must be some kind of racist.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

If you really think the cost of healthcare will actually drop, EVER, then you are truly deluded. Medicine and insurance are for profit industries... They will reward themselves with bonuses and continue to cash your checks while providing less and less service. Come on now...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how many people will go hungry today because they used their grocery money to pay for the useless insurance plans that they were coerced into buying!!

We started out with a healthcare system that wasn't affordable for the individuals. It wasn't affordable for the businesses either!! And it wasn't affordable for the gov'ts!

Their answer was to force us to get blood out of a rock!
So now what was unaffordable is even more unaffordable really!!!
Ya who pays for the costs might have been shifted around and some might find their insurance premiums lowered but that was because the rest of their costs were shifted somewhere else. But others are finding massive increases in theirs while others who couldn't afford it then and got no help have found the premiums are even higher now and facing the choice of either buying the unaffordable or paying the gov't for the priviledge to eat!

And oh ya have you seen the most recent change? Now there is no cap on the deductable for SOME businesses!!

If it was a well written law they wouldn't have to keep changing it and exempted this group or that as they go along!

top topics

join