It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 2 Gun Laws By Obama Total---Both Benefit Gun Owners --0 Guns BANNED in 5.5 Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

projectvxn

Danbones
reply to post by projectvxn

"In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised" - General George S. Patton, Jr.

www.thecmp.org...
while i realize the rifle is a bit dated..maybe at a bargain price it could still be common and dangerous
maybe thats why

How does that justify the ban on an American classic?

What's dangerous about it?

And what would possibly be the issue with it being common?

Your response makes very little sense.

edit on pTue, 08 Apr 2014 04:43:46 -050020148America/Chicago2014-04-08T04:43:46-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

i was guessing at their logic
does that help my simple post make sense to you?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Danbones

"In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised" - General George S. Patton, Jr.

www.thecmp.org...
while i realize the rifle is a bit dated..maybe at a bargain price it could still be common and dangerous
maybe thats why

LOL. A gangbanger is going to hide a 10LB, 3 foot long WWII era rifle under his hoodie? Much less even know how to load the thing?

i was thinking patriots might get some and arm the militias with them and that is the government fear
vets being the new white alciaduh and all...

i would have thought that was an obvious scenario that would cause a ban...
considering all the other weapons type bans seem to be construed that way
i didn't realize something so simple could be so difficult to grasp
guess i was wrong

i didn't realize 2+2 only equals three on some calculators
sorry
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago13 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

i would have thought the patton quote would have given it away, but im going to guess you jumped without looking
don't do surgery that way please

edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago43 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Second Amendment is in fine shape (and will be for some time to come) according to the facts:

According to the NRA, 300 million Americans own a firearm, that number increases by 10 million per year. (Source)

Gallup - Self Reported Gun Ownership Highest Since 1993

edit on 7Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:53:18 -050014p072014466 by Gryphon66 because: Removed parenthesis

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Libertygal
As has already been pointed out, Obama doesn't write laws, he passes laws pushed through and shoved down our throats by his minions doing his will. Like Nancy and the ACA.

And Obama is the first President to work with his party leaders in Congress to do this? Poppycock.

This is exactly why Obama has had to resort to using his "pen and cellphone", and resort to writing executive orders, which, by the way, are not laws. Because he can't shove things through anymore, and more and more Democrats are waking up and seeing him for what he is.

Every President since Washington has used Executive Orders and many have used more than Obama has.

Obama has been openly defied by Sheriff's across the country. This isn't a figment of ATS' collective immagination. Gun laws are not the place of the Federal Government to step into or meddle in. These are state's rights, according to the 10th Amendment. Also another reason that Obama has had to resort to executive orders. He has, so far, been put into his place by a majority of states that have stood for state's rights and defended their soveriegnty.You see, it is not for lack of will or effort, nor desire. That is where you are led astray, and attempting to lead others astray.

Any direct examples that you can provide the discussion, or are you going to rely on garden-variety right-wing rhetoric? Your argument here, by-the-by, is self-defeating. The 2nd Amendment that provides "gun rights" is FEDERAL not STATE level.

Sadly, the rest of your post is merely "more of same." Why troll the thread with this stuff?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

beezzer
I want my 30 magazine clip back.

2nd.

◄--------- lookie here

somebody call for me?
edit on 10-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Danbones

www.thecmp.org...
maybe thats why

LOL. A gangbanger is going to hide a 10LB, 3 foot long WWII era rifle under his hoodie? Much less even know how to load the thing?

and a law is gonna keep him from getting a pistol?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
I hope everyone that has gun go to jail! Criminals included. The more guns people have , the more crime there is. Isnt that why NY has high crime rate?

For everyone else that aprove guns , I hope everyone have Bazookas in their houses and uses them. Laws are made by people that want the laws to help them , not the people. Guns shouldnt exist in the first place. Less weapons , less death. No Weapons No War.

riiiight....

5 lines of text....so much ignorance, and false information....

i feel sorry for you, but your statement is so completely screwed up, that i can't help you.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

buster2010

eLPresidente
reply to post by Skymon612

This thread is an extremely sad attempt at misleading people.

Gun seizures are taking place across the nation, or do you not actually read the news?

Obama, his VP and other administration surrogates and party supporters constantly talk about getting rid of guns.

The second amendment IS under attack, nobody is saying that some of these people actually do genuinely mean well but no matter their intentions, some of them (to some extreme) wish to attack the 2A.

Maybe you should reread the news and try to understand it this time. Those are taking place on a state level not federal and the Supreme Court has ruled in the past that states do have a right to regulate weapons in their states.

and they also ruled that any law that violates the constitution is null and void...

the right to keep and bear is guaranteed by the constitution, it is not a privilege, and is not subject to management at the state government level.

the state's don't have any right, or authority to enact laws that violate the constitution. period.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Einstein did say world war 4 would be fought with sticks and stones
i guess world war 5 will be lips hair and fingernails
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago28 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

HauntWok
I just love how everyone is juxtaposing a quote on the ACA with this, the cognitive dissonance is marvelous!

We hear stories about gun grabs and ATF raids and Alex Jones going completely mental time and time again. Hell, if anyone even mentions gun control in the slightest degree, it's met with a rage usually reserved only if someone is about to be castrated. And I guess that is a pretty apt way to describe it isn't it?

awwww, a dick joke...somebody's desperate...

find me just ONE recorded instance of anyone EVER having fended off a home invader, or mugger, by thrashing the villain with their testicles, and i will concede that the two are even remotely comparable...

until then, just stop.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

HauntWok
2 laws under Obama Neo, 2 laws that give gun owners more freedoms.

ok, riddle me this though...how can a president pass a law that grants freedoms one is already guaranteed by the constitution?

it's claiming the authority to dole out something you already rightfully own, to you, in pieces...

it'd be kinda like if i stole your car, and sent it back to you in pieces....and you thanked me, and felt grateful that i was so good as to send you back your car in pieces....

it's absolute insanity..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
this is why the government is scared of garands in the hands of the normal people
www.abovetopsecret.com...
note the idiots with uniforms and guns..and tazers and dogs...and the gal on the ground
i guess its world wide tyranny...might as well bring the tards that support that home and point them at the peeps

note the gal calling those government hats chicken****...i always said the chickens will come home to roost
there it is...

edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago52 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Oh please, the correlation between firearms and male feelings of inadequacy are well documented. So is the correlation between inadequate males and buying an F350 with a lift kit.

A man goes into a gun store or car dealership, drops trau, and asks the salesman "what can you do for this?" A little while later the man is walking out of the place with either an assault rifle or a brand new decked out lifted mini monster truck. And thus his feelings of inadequacy are relieved.

But I digress back to the subject. It's a fact that this administration has only passed two laws pertaining to guns, and those laws benefitted gun owners. He could have easily vetoed those bills and they would have died in congress, but he didn't. He signed them into law.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Gryphon66
The Second Amendment is in fine shape (and will be for some time to come) according to the facts:

According to the NRA, 300 million Americans own a firearm, that number increases by 10 million per year. (Source)

edit on 7Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:53:18 -050014p072014466 by Gryphon66 because: Removed parenthesis

You might want to check that 300 million number.

Hint;

"Don't jump the gun"

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Danbones

Einstein did say world war 4 would be fought with sticks and stones
i guess world war 5 will be lips hair and fingernails
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago28 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

i appreciate the sentiment, but let's not mince words...

the implication was that WWIII would be fought with nuclear arms, and would completely destroy society as we know it, effectively returning us to the stone age...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You know what they say, laws are meant to be broken. If the American people REALLY REALLY cared about their own constitution, wouldn't you think they would have done something about it? Perhaps, defend it? *shrugs*

edit on 10-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

HauntWok
Oh please, the correlation between firearms and male feelings of inadequacy are well documented. So is the correlation between inadequate males and buying an F350 with a lift kit.

A man goes into a gun store or car dealership, drops trau, and asks the salesman "what can you do for this?" A little while later the man is walking out of the place with either an assault rifle or a brand new decked out lifted mini monster truck. And thus his feelings of inadequacy are relieved.

it's well documented? i'd love to see some substance to back that up.....

i daresay any documentation is authored by misinformed, biased people with the same idiotic opinion you hold....but by all means, show me the links...

maybe they're buying a gun because they want one...maybe they're buying the car because they like it, or think it looks cool, or can appreciate the engineering of it...ever consider that?

naw...can't be it, it must be his p3n0r.... -rolls eyes-

how about girls with guns....are they buying one because they wish they had a penis, or maybe because they have small boobs? get a grip, yes?

also, there's no such thing as an "assault rifle"

But I digress back to the subject.

funny, i thought the post you were replying to was about the flaws in your argument, and the fact that you need to resort to dick jokes, because you have no substantive argument, outside of your own misinformed opinions..

It's a fact that this administration has only passed two laws pertaining to guns, and those laws benefitted gun owners. He could have easily vetoed those bills and they would have died in congress, but he didn't. He signed them into law.

and i ask you again: how can a president pass a law, granting freedoms and/or rights one is already guaranteed by the constitution?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Oh please, the correlation between firearms and male feelings of inadequacy are well documented.

Then explain to me why the fastest growing market for new firearms are women?
CNN Money

Does this apply to all men?

Because I drive a Prius...And I like it.

But I digress back to the subject.

Well I hope it stays that way because having to respond to asinine and hyperbolic accusations is really getting old.

Weren't you saying in another thread that it is this kind of discourse that is hurting the country? Or does that metric only apply to those on the opposite end of what you believe?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

and i ask you again: how can a president pass a law, granting freedoms one is already guaranteed by the constitution?

Well, first the bill is brought up in the House of Representatives, often, it's sent to a specialized committee to be drafted, reviewed, formalized, then it's brought again before the house for a vote. If at that time it passes the House, it moves on to the Senate.

The Senate discusses it, makes any changes they see fit, votes on that bill, and it's once again sent back to the house. Both the House and Senate first have to hammer out a mutually agreed to bill, once that is done, it's sent to the President to sign.

That's how the president passes a law.

Here's a question, does the 2nd Amendment say ANY arms? Or does it say the right to keep and bear arms? I keep looking for that important word ANY in the 2nd Amendment, I can't seem to find it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

xuenchen

Gryphon66

You might want to check that 300 million number.

Hint;

"Don't jump the gun"

Why? The number is well publicized in any number of sources. Such as, well, the one I provided, for starters.

National Rifle Association

gunpolicy.org

Google Link to 9260 other results that say the same thing

So, consider the number "checked."

Hint: Blowing smoke.

If you don't have factual counter-indicative information to contribute ... why muddy the thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join