It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 2 Gun Laws By Obama Total---Both Benefit Gun Owners --0 Guns BANNED in 5.5 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
People are foaming at the mouth scared to death that Obama is going to ban guns and come door to door somehow and seize them. We read the hysteria daily here on ATS and elsewhere online. Well the truth is Obama is the complete opposite and if you actually take time to look at his record the only 2 laws he signed that dealt with guns actually benefit gun owners.

I think that the NRA and the gun rights groups would total more than 10% of the population if they actually paid attention to what is happening and what has happened in the government.

QUOTE FROM SOURCE: Source
Gun Laws Signed By Obama

During his first term Obama didn't call for any major new restriction on guns or gun owners. Instead he urged authorities to enforce the state and federal laws already on the books.

In fact, Obama signed only two major laws that address how guns are carried in America, and both actually expand the rights of gun owners.

One of the laws allows gun owners to carry weapons in national parks; that law took effect in February 2012 and replaced President Ronald Reagan's policy of required guns be locked in glove compartments of trunks of car that enter national parks.

Another gun law signed by Obama allows Amtrak passengers to carry guns in checked baggage, a move that reversed a measure put in place after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

edit on Tue Apr 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened quote, added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+41 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Skymon612

Obama has repeatedly express support for the Second Amendment. "If you’ve got a rifle, you’ve got a shotgun, you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it away. Alright?" Obama has said.

If you like your doctor.... you can keep your doctor. If you like your healthcare plan... you can keep your healthcare plan.

I trust him this time though.
edit on 4/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This information does not support the national narrative...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

Skymon612

Obama has repeatedly express support for the Second Amendment. "If you’ve got a rifle, you’ve got a shotgun, you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it away. Alright?" Obama has said.

If you like your doctor.... you can keep your doctor. If you like your healthcare plan... you can keep your healthcare plan.

More people now have insurance than before the ACA. Looks like people kept their plan and people actually have better plans than before.

Before ACA. 15,000 deductible
After ACA 5,000 deductible

Looks like average person saves 10,000

I rest my case.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How many executive orders has he signed regarding the matter?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Only 2 Gun Laws By Obama Total---Both Benefit Gun Owners --0 Guns BANNED in 5.5 Years

People are foaming at the mouth scared to death that Obama is going to ban guns and come door to door somehow and seize them. We read the hysteria daily here on ATS and elsewhere online. Well the truth is Obama is the complete opposite and if you actually take time to look at his record the only 2 laws he signed that dealt with guns actually benefit gun owners.

IMO, it's a classic set-up. An obvious ruse and red herring.

Make as many people as possible think one way ..... and then ;;;;

PoW BaM SlaM !!!

Here Comes Uncle Sam

p.s. there's been plenty of gun ban laws passed in 5 years.

ban.hoodwinking.guv/dontblinkyet

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

NthOther

Obama has signed less EO's than Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr. Reagan, and Carter

Just facts for you. Google it.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Skymon612

More people now have insurance than before the ACA. Looks like people kept their plan and people actually have better plans than before.

I rest my case.

Sources or it didn't happen.

I'll need specific numbers. Not averages and not the "fuzzy numbers" that play musical chairs every time the administration releases them.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Well...Bless his little heart.

He did 2 things right in the past, going on 6 years.

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Destinyone

Well...Bless his little heart.

He did 2 things right in the past, going on 6 years.

Des

Not 6 years yet... I am suprised you were unaware of that

And there is a huge list of good and bad he has done

more than just 2 things

Glad I could help you.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Read my post, you quoted. I said *going on 6 years*.

Des

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Skymon612

NthOther

Obama has signed less EO's than Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr. Reagan, and Carter

Just facts for you. Google it.

You're avoiding the question I actually asked. I'm not asking how many executive orders he has signed, I'm asking how many executive orders he has signed relating to guns.

You can say he's only signed two "laws", but that is a blatant misrepresentation of the depth of action the man has really taken.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

At least 2, but I think they were to keep guns from mental patients.

FoxNews

One proposal would formally give permission to states to submit "the limited information necessary to help keep guns out of potentially dangerous hands," without having to worry about the privacy provisions in a law known as HIPAA.

The other proposal would clarify that those who are involuntarily committed to a mental institution -- both inpatient and outpatient -- count under the law as "committed to a mental institution." According to the administration, this change will help clarify for states what information to provide to the background check system, as well as who is barred from having guns.

EDIT: There could be more, but these are the one's I am aware of.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Elton because: more info

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
not so fast op not so fast

The administration made a robust effort to pass gun control legislation after the 2012 mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., but the bills, which included new bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, failed to gain enough support in Congress.
www.foxnews.com...
it isn't that the obama administration isn't trying
after shooting them selves in the foot with fast and furious, and steady opposition from the patriot campaigns,..
its only a matter of time till these anti freedom tyrannists force their way upon the peeps...
through scam, executive decree, or the best government money can buy

that mental patient designation would be primarily one way to keep guns from vets
ooops i mean white alqaida

edit on Monpm4b20144America/Chicago12 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago11 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Elton

Yeah, there's a lot more:

23 "Gun Safety" Executive Orders

Thank you, though.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Health insurance is not access to health care, as I'm sure that any of those people that are newly minted on Medicaid could tell you. I've got a niece and nephew that are on Medicaid. My sister has to drive an hour to get to the only doctor in the tri-county area that would accept them.

Average deductible per metal tier

Whether they're up or down isn't the point to me. What is the point is that it's supposed to be affordable, but by the time you pay premiums plus deductibles, for a lot of folks it's to the point where they might as well not even have insurance. That's a problem. A very big problem.

The ACA was a giant boon for me. I mean, I could get fairly good insurance for 20 or 30 bucks a month. In the end, though, my aunt's insurance rates doubled, and my dad's insurance rates quadrupled. My dad could've just helped me buy a plan and it would've been a lot cheaper than what happened there.

Just in case you're curious, no, I didn't take Obamacare. It's wrong to take charity when you don't absolutely have to have it. I'm young, non-disabled, don't have kids, and am not going to starve; I can't take government hand outs just because they exist.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

NthOther

Elton

Thank you, though.

Way to put a shut to the up.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It is illegal to infringe on gun rights, so I’m not overly surprised. If they tried to restrict or take guns on a Federal level I doubt they’d succeed without a fight. Restrictions aren’t too popular at state level.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Skymon612

Kangaruex4Ewe

Skymon612

I rest my case.

LoL that quote is not even close to true.......

2nd of all........what about all those people who couldnt afford health care who were going to get free healthcare under his new healthcare plan.....

Oh wait they still cant pay their premiums cause they are out of work or the premiums are still too high?

Whoops.....well guess they just slip through the cracks huh.....

Fact of the matter is the numbers are negligable that this healthcare has done anything but give coverage to people who ALREADY had insurance......now they get to have gov crap they didnt want instead of the insurance they did......
edit on 4/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

NthOther

Elton

Thank you, though.

From the link you provided....

It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own-or would like to purchase- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition magazines will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential effort to create a constitutional crisis—or the leveling of charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority—would hold no validity.

Interesting, and thanks for the link. It appears that there are EO's I would consider good and EO's that I am not so supportive of in the list.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join