It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Harry Reid Took Money from Koch Lobbyist

page: 1

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
The most ironic things happen sometimes !!

It seems even the ultra-Left Wing ultra-Progressive master of ceremonies himself can't keep a secret.

Yes, Harry Reid got a campaign contribution from a Koch Brothers Lobbyist !!

And guess what else ?

He ain't the only one ------- many Democrats might be getting Koch Kash right now?

Oh but this was years ago wasn't it.

But how much influence did those Oh-So-Juicy contributions have on legislation ??

Read on.

Add Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) to the list of Senate Democrats who have benefitted from Koch money In fact, he might as well pay one of his grandchildren to stitch Koch insignias onto his suit to denote their sponsorship:

Many Republican senators might as well wear Koch insignias to denote their sponsorship.

— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) April 7, 2014

According to campaign finance records, former Koch Industries lobbyist Robert P. Hall III donated $500 to Reid’s campaign in 2003.

The permafrost is melting.

the article has a great 8x10 glossy of Harry and one of the Brothers (and Harry is enjoying some fine wine there too) !!
Harry Reid Took Money from Koch Lobbyist

Maybe Harry's bookkeepers forgot to "Koch the books" LOL

Harry ..... please DON'T squeeze the Charmin !!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
reply to post by xuenchen

Most dems and reps would take money from Satan himself if no one was looking, then stab you in the back because the contribution wasn't big enough.

I can't really stand the Republicans either but I hope they knock Reid off his perch in the mid-terms. Most progressives will just ignore it and Reid will call the accusations "Lies! Lies tell you!"

That's his and the POTUS main defensive strategy.

After all, didn't one of them say "If they like their dirty money they can keep their dirty money."

Maybe I got the exact wording on that a little off.
edit on 140pm2828pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:51 PM

The Left acts as though the Koch brothers are the devil.

Not sure what makes them worse than the other zillion lobbyists and big money donors but ok.

I'm sure they'll be in here at any moment to denounce Democrat/liberal politicians who would dare stoop so low.

edit on 7-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM

Soros is by far worse then the Koch brothers, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:18 PM

Soros is by far worse then the Koch brothers, IMHO.

I agree.

and 2nd the motion.

And I think the big Democrat-Progressives take big handouts from Soros and all his 1000's of hidden side outfits.

In fact, He may *Own* the Democrat Party.

I think the brand new $3 bill will have Obama on one side and Soros on the other.

And each silk strand in the paper will represent every Left-Winger that has their hand up and fingers wiggling.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:10 AM

Harry Reid took money from Koch lobbyist: Bow-chicka-wow-wow...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:33 AM
So 10 years ago his campaign received a $500 dollar donation. I was expecting it to be in the 10s of thousands or something. Is there something illegal about it?

Personally I think all the lobbyist should be drug out and thrown into the streets but maybe there are some good ones, IDK lobbying for puppies or something.

They should put stickers on their desks showing who supports them like a nascar car. Maybe they could sell advertising or naming rights, we could have the Monsanto house of reps, or the Doritos capitol building...Presidential election brought to you by Wal-mart

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
it isn't the money these crooked politicians take from koch thats bugs me
( well that does bug me a little ...much...often)
edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago12 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
He should give the money back, but, he's a politician. So I doubt he will.

This isn't really a bombshell though.

Even perennial crazy lunatic nutcase wingnut Ron Paul took money from stormfront, apparently that was ok (read: celebrated) according to people on this site.

Politicians are going to take campaign contributions from special interest group donors. This is an abhorrent practice, that should end.