It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine mafia forces Chilli's to cancel autism awareness fundraiser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The vaccine industry had flexed their muscles and has put the kibosh on a fundraiser to help families with children with autism in the name of protecting their bottom line.

Chili's Cancels Autism Awareness Fundraiser After Pro-Vaccine Pressure

The chain had announced plans to donate a portion of its Monday sales to the organization in honor of National Autism Awareness Month. But that prompted outcry on social media when critics pointed out the association’s controversial belief about vaccines. “The National Autism Association believes vaccinations can trigger or exacerbate autism in some, if not many, children, especially those who are genetically predisposed to immune, autoimmune or inflammatory conditions,” according to the association's website. The idea goes against that of the medical mainstream, which points to various studies to show there is no link between vaccinations and autism.

On Facebook, pro-vaccine groups called for a Chili’s boycott and flooded the company’s page with angry comments. “Supporting an organization that promotes anti vaccination is dangerous and irresponsible,” one woman wrote, with another noting, “What are you hoping for, a resurgence in polio? Find another organization or start your own foundation.”

The organization’s stance on vaccines, according to its website, is that the “NAA believes that every parent has the right to research and educate themselves about all medical products, including vaccinations. Informed consent is critical and each parent should have the freedom and information necessary to make the best decision for their child. NAA cannot make this decision for any parent, but we are happy to provide sources of information to anyone in need.” It then refers readers to the website of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), an oft-criticized non-profit clearinghouse that states as its mission, “the prevention of vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and to defending the informed consent ethic in medicine.”

Yahoo shine

So, just for inferring that sticking your child with dozens and dozens of vaccines within months of birth may not be the healthiest thing in the world, the vaccine industry has shut down a fundraiser for families with autistic children. They encourage parents to get all the facts available and make an informed decision about vaccinating their children, then they provide a link to a site that's critical of the vaccine industry. I guess that's too much of a threat to the bottom line of the vaccine industry.

Its amazing how much pull these organizations have and how they pull out their pharmaceutical industry bought and paid for studies to give scientific backing to their profit line. That's the problem with these damn "scientific" studies anymore; you can always guess which side of the argument they will come down on based on who it is that provided the funding for the study. If a big pharma company funded it, it will always come down saying all vaccines are perfectly safe. If an independent group funds it, you're likely to find the study comes to a different conclusion. Science is nothing but a whore to whoever is paying the bills and it seems nobody can trust any of these studies anymore.

Maybe people need to use their common sense and ask why autism rates have skyrocketed during the same time period as our kids are vaccinated to ridiculous levels. Its just sad that Chilli's allowed itself to be bullied in this way.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This is not the industry it is the pro vaccine people. It amazes me how many smart people actually buy into the whole vaccine scam. I wonder how many change there minds after a few years.

So rate of retardation is going off the chart something is wrong.
edit on 7-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So, just for inferring that sticking your child with dozens and dozens of vaccines within months of birth may not be the healthiest thing in the world, the vaccine industry has shut down a fundraiser for families with autistic children. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, the money would not benefit families who care for members with autism, it would go to pay salaries for "fund raisers" who make money by lying about vaccines.
edit on 7-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

FortAnthem

Its amazing how much pull these organizations have and how they pull out their pharmaceutical industry bought and paid for studies to give scientific backing to their profit line. That's the problem with these damn "scientific" studies anymore; you can always guess which side of the argument they will come down on based on who it is that provided the funding for the study. If a big pharma company funded it, it will always come down saying all vaccines are perfectly safe. If an independent group funds it, you're likely to find the study comes to a different conclusion. Science is nothing but a whore to whoever is paying the bills and it seems nobody can trust any of these studies anymore.

Maybe people need to use their common sense and ask why autism rates have skyrocketed during the same time period as our kids are vaccinated to ridiculous levels. Its just sad that Chilli's allowed itself to be bullied in this way.

LOL Thank you kindly, I simply love the way you put that "Science is nothing but a whore!!" I have been told so many times that I simply do not understand the Scientific method, there is no way that vaccines could have any negative affects because the entire scientific community agrees and there is simply no studies proving vaccines cause damage, simply no way!

I do not question the scientific method, I question the application of it, and the application is bought and paid for, or as you put it whored out!! Lol love it

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

SubTruth

This is not the industry it is the pro vaccine people. It amazes me how many smart people actually buy into the whole vaccine scam. I wonder how many change there minds after a few years.

So rate of retardation is going off the chart something is wrong.

Vaccine = good.

Over Vaccination = bad.

Some things, you need to Vaccinate for,

As an example, I have TB, thanks to some jack ass in schools parents decided their kid didn't need it.

Me and the whole class contracted it. (active case, despite vacinations, can still contract btw, so don't take it as they don't work)

Herd immunity goes so far.

What amazes me, is the number of people who have no idea what they are talking about when this issue comes up, on both sides of the debate.

ETA:

Each human is a unique ecosytem, vaccinations are not a cure all, but a preventive measure that more often than not if followed properly, work well.
edit on 7-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

the vaccine industry has shut down a fundraiser for families with autistic children.

After reading the article I didn't find any evidence to your claim that it was the vaccine industry which shut them down.

Do you have another source which you got that information from? The vaccine industry does not seem to have anything to do with chillies decision.

I have a feeling that chillies didn't know they were a pseudo science anti vacc group at first and felt they didn't want to support a group that has such a reckless stance. That is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

DJW001

No, the money would not benefit families who care for members with autism, it would go to pay salaries for "fund raisers" who make money by lying about vaccines.

So let me get this strait; encouraging people to get all the information available and making an informed decision about the healthcare their child receives somehow equates to spreading lies about vaccines?

Its my opinion that you can't 100% trust any studies put out there for or against any issue in society today. There's too much money involved on either side corrupting the date for any study to be fully trustworthy. For this reason, it is in a person's best interests to research the pros and cons of any medical decision they may have to make in order to make a fully informed decision. If they are convinced by the pro-vaccine side, then so be it; they investigated the information available and made an informed decision based on all the data available. I don't see why the vaccine industry is so damn afraid of regular people making an informed decision about their children's health unless they have something to hide.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

While it may no be directly coming from big pharma we should understand how the pro vaccine movement gets their donations and how much money the biggest pro vaccine movements in the US are linked in more than one way with big interest in the big pharma industries.

Sadly in this nation good intentions when are challenging big corporate interest are halted by big money.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

DJW001

Just like the propaganda of big pharma wonder drugs that are killing thousands of people in this nation yearly, right? I got it.

100,000 Americans Die Each Year from Prescription Drugs, While Pharma Companies Get Rich

www.alternet.org...

Death from Prescription Drugs: The New Epidemic Sweeping Across America

articles.mercola.com...

But that is ok because vaccinations are different, they save the babies and littler children big pharma will never kill any child "willingly". Is just collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Chilli's clearly didn't know who they were donating to. They got a ton of good publicity from this story about a young customer with autism having her cheeseburger 'fixed' by staff and clearly thought it would be a good idea to support an autism group. Guarantee that whoever was in charge of this publicity stunt wasn't aware the group they decided to donate to was (at least tacitly) anti vaccine.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree with ya I grew up in the 1980s before it became trendy. But now the list is so long it is crazy. Get what you need and question the rest.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So let me get this strait; encouraging people to get all the information available and making an informed decision about the healthcare their child receives somehow equates to spreading lies about vaccines? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, telling people to ignore the actual research about vaccines and instead believe emotionally charged lies about vaccines is spreading lies about vaccines.

Edit to add: The organization's confession:

This program does not provide funding for camp tuition, respite care, fencing, trampolines, swingsets, trips to Disney World, etc.
Funding is extremely limited. This program is intended ONLY for parents in DIRE financial need. Do not apply if your annual net income exceeds $50,000.

nationalautismassociation.org...

In other words: if you have an autistic child, screw you, you're on your own.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Changing the subject does not change the facts. None of that money would have gone to families with autistic children. The charity is a scam.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I got the point my friend, I see, is evil to support anti vaccine movement because it raise awareness of the dangers of vaccine, but is good to support pro vaccine movements because they tell the truth are funded by big interest anyway so actually they need no money just blind supporters and they get their science buy manufactured propaganda also funded by big interest.

No more discussion on that one.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by marg6043

Changing the subject does not change the facts. None of that money would have gone to families with autistic children. The charity is a scam.

And yet, we see an obvious direct correlation between vaccination and incidence of autism. Your attack on the charity doesn't change that. Regardless of Chilli's or the organization they supported, that fact remains.

Moreover, the point is to RAISE AWARENESS of autism, not send autistic kids on vacations.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

DJW001

"This program does not provide funding for camp tuition, respite care, fencing, trampolines, swingsets, trips to Disney World, etc.
Funding is extremely limited. This program is intended ONLY for parents in DIRE financial need. Do not apply if your annual net income exceeds $50,000."

nationalautismassociation.org...

In other words: if you have an autistic child, screw you, you're on your own.

Wow, way to put words in someone else's mouth. It seems a pretty reasonable policy to me to help out parents in dire financial need. People making over $50,000 a year are, in my experience, usually pretty well off and should be able to fend for themselves. The charity makes it clear they don't give money away for frivolous stuff like Disney World trips or trampolines or swing-sets. I'd rather see my money go towards providing meals for families in need or paying for medications or doctor's bills for parents who are in real financial distress.

If you want a free trip to Disney World or some fancy toys for your kids, there are other charities for that. If you want to really help a family in need, then maybe this charity is the right place to go.

Also, I still fail to see why the vaccine industry feels so threatened by parents looking at all sides of this issue before deciding to vaccinate their children. If their science is so rock solid, you would think they should have nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Urantia1111

And yet, we see an obvious direct correlation between vaccination and incidence of autism.

Really?

when did that happen????

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Autism rates have skyrocketed since vaccinations? Care to back that up with a proper, peer reviewed study?

I think what you'll actually find is that the definition of autism has widened and it now encompasses a wide spectrum of disorders since it was first described all those years ago, which has led to more people being diagnosed, especially those who would have previously been diagnosed as simply "mentally retarded" are now being classified as autistic, which is what has led to the increase.

Vaccinations have been around for a couple of centuries now, but I can bet you cannot provide any proof that there is a direct correlation between a rise in vaccinations and a rise in autism.

And all this furore about vaccines is based on a widely discredited paper which was poorly researched and was, in essence, a bare faced lie. It is universally considered the widest-spread medical hoax of the 20th century, yet dumb asses are still falling for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

If correlation was causation.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
having aspergers is one thing
to day when i asked for a definitive study some pro vac threw this crap in my face
the danish study
well heres the skinny on the danish study

Autism ResearcherAmerican prosecutors are attempting to extradite a Danish scientist.

Poul Thorsen has been charged with 13 counts of wire fraud and nine counts of money laundering; a federal grand jury alleges that Thorsen stole over $1 million from autism research funding between February 2004 and June 2008.

Thorsen is said to have used the proceeds to buy a home in Atlanta, two cars and a Harley Davidson. He is said to have stolen the money while serving as the 'principal investigator' for a program that studied the relationship between autism and exposure to vaccines.

The Copenhagen Post reports:

"... [O]ver the four-year period he submitted over a dozen false invoices from the CDC for research expenses to Aarhus University, where he held a faculty position, instructing them to transfer the funds to a CDC account, which was in fact his personal account ...

Thorsen's research on autism is widely known in academic circles, where he was until this week a highly respected figure. A paper of his on the subject, which is known as 'The Danish Study....

When two of the biggest names in vaccine research and support turn out to be guilty of fraud, major deception, lying and making unsubstantiated statements, it really calls into question the validity of their work on the vaccine front … and that's putting it mildly.

Yet, this news has only been quietly shared by a handful of media outlets.

Countless American parents are putting their trust, and their child's lives, in the hands of the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) every time they vaccinate their children. Yet two of the CDC's "go-to guys" have now been caught red-handed lying and, in the case of Dr. Poul Thorsen, committing outright fraud. This includes:

Dr. Poul Thorsen, who was involved in several key studies the CDC uses to support their claims that MMR and mercury-containing vaccines, among others, are safe.
Dr. Paul Offit, a very well-known and frequent proponent of mandatory vaccination, whose views are promoted by the AAP and who previously served as a member of The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). ACIP is a 15-member panel of immunization experts, selected by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. They provide advice and guidelines to the CDC on vaccine-preventable diseases.

articles.mercola.com...

keep up the good fight marg it aint over yet by a long shot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join