It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the size of aliens........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ok, just to get this out of the way for those who need the peace of mind, this question pertains to the reported and commonly discussed appearance of aliens and in no way is meant to gloss over the fact I have no *proof that aliens actually exist. This is purely based on speculation and conjecture, nothing more...

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

After decades of anecdotal 'research' (mostly done so for entertainment purpose), I have read and/or heard of just about every type of alien being. From the multiple forms and sized grays to the tall whites, reptilian's to Nordic's, and just about every other form, type, and color of reported alien beings. And what has always struck me as odd is that not only do they usually take on a symmetrical 'human like' form, but more specifically to the point of this post, they are all within a acceptable size with regards to humanity. Sure, some may be 3' - 4' tall and others I have heard reported as 10' or so, but never have I heard of a alien craft the size of a doughnut with 1cm alien beings, nor have I ever heard of accounts of 1000' tall alien life forms.

It stands to reason that with ALL the reported multitudes of alien life forms visiting earth that surely some would defy the size limitations they all seem to conform to, no? Why are we not seeing and/or hearing reports of multitudes of sized aliens? Is it logical or even possible that all alien life being reported to be visiting us (stretching back throughout recorded history) that ALL are of a reasonable size?

Any thoughts on why this would be? I have heard the argument/reasoning as to why most all aliens have a similar shape as humans (2 arms, 2 legs, upright, ect...) and can see the logic behind it, but should not the relative size be almost limitless (based on origin of alien species)? I am curious to any and all thoughts you may have.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That are far too many questions about "aliens" to even begin at them being aliens.

I would range the phenomenon from anything from Psychological, Neurological, and last Paranormal, long before Aliens.

Why? Because of the type of question you ask about Height.

Ill ask another, Why does a technologically advance race, that has mastered Physics to the point of interstellar travel, (which means technologies like MRI, Xray, and who knows what else) are known to them...

Yet they still rely on bag and tag conservationist type tactics?

At a time when humanity is on the cusp of near miracles in medical science, things like cloning and printing organs... That this advanced race needs to resort to barbaric treatment of their specimens?

Its a logical disconnect, it makes no sense.

NOW address why are they all bipedal humanoid?

It starts to fall apart logically, atleast for an advanced Alien Intellect.

Unless they are complete Sadist, or materialist that view us as just meat, at which case, we are screwed.

OR its something else.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

They're bipedal because we came from them originally, thousands of years ago.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Although I mentioned the bipedal anomaly, it was only contextually. I want to be more focused on the actual size or rather apparent size limitations.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Indeed, they're various sizes in height then.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Merlyn2014
reply to post by benrl

They're bipedal because we came from them originally, thousands of years ago.

youtu.be...

Or we are bipedal because its the optimal configuration to allow the maximum nutrient efficiency to allow the rise of intelligence?

So that if there where intelligence the natural inclination can be toward bipedal.

See, I can make crap up just like anyone else, but I tend to try and base it in some form of evidence or science.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Evolution of matter may be mostly based on environment. So, it would seem the aliens most claim to encounter come from similar environments, if they have been seen here. That is not to say there are no aliens from vastly different environments, just that no one has even claimed to see a non bipedal alien as far as I know.

Evolution in the vacuum of space is a whole different story, most everything becomes spherical, a most efficient shape, due to low or next to no gravity/density. However, for a species to become space fairing, they most likely would come from a high gravity/density based system, therefore they would likely have tech to maintain their forms or find different efficiencies of form as they continue to evolve, possibly? Species that are organic space born and evolved to higher intellect would prefer low gravity or next to no gravity/density systems, like oceans or gaseous planets, or just continue to roam through space on low gravity proto planets/planetoids/large asteroids maybe?

As for opposing gravities and densities, and extreme pressure variant systems, I have no clue.

Species that are non organic just buzz around in energy plasmas, I guess. As to their shape or size, maybe they are infinite?
edit on 7-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's an interesting question that I've thought about from time to time. Like you, I won't get into any of the tangential issues but just focus on the size issue relative to space-faring lifeforms.

If they are from this universe - or even just want to visit from time to time - they are somewhat constrained by our physics relative to size.

Also, I would assume they didn't just spring forth fully formed in their current state so that some type of evolution and natural selection process would have also played key roles in their development.

On the small size side - I would think there could definitely be those that are much smaller than us but there's a point where extremely small size would severely limit their ability to manipulate their environment (minus technology) such that larger life forms from the same bio-system would blow right past them evolutionarily and make them irrelevant from a space-faring point of view.

On the large size side - both physics and energy requirements would play a role as it is much more difficult and energy consuming to support very large life-forms vs. smaller lifeforms so that smaller lifeforms would probably have a better chance of flourishing, evolving, etc.

Irrespective of size, I think if we've learned anything from our own planets development it's this:

He who adapts best wins. Change is one of the few constants in the universe, although rates of change can vary greatly.

On a final note - maybe it's nothing more than selection bias. ET should be about our size +/- a few feet simply because we are and that's all we know.

Take your pick.

My $0.02 for what it's worth.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Narrow thinking believes that there can be only one race visiting. The evidence of multiple being types as you pointed out is a fact. Yet, you ask why would they all be fairly similar in structure? --Actually, that is not exactly the case, some are much different in all respects.

Now, assuming that the ETs of which there are many and, indeed, varied types did not all develop independently on their home planets. Consider than they were seeded upon their home planets and perhaps their physical makeup was tinkered with a bit to best suit that planet and/or in various zones therein planets. Gosh, the differences between them after a few million years on different planets would be striking. They would come in all sizes, shapes and colors. Yet, more than likely they would all be bi-pedal, erect and capable of living in and manipulating their environment which is self-evident in their ability to create craft and come by our place. Thosethat reverted to a slug shape would not be traveling very much but slouching at home watching TV.

Consider the family of bi-pedal (or nearly so) primates on this place. They've had, what, only a couple of million years to develop into their individual types? And what do we see? A really, large bunch of animals basically the same structure but varying in size and intelligence from the pocket-sized to 'Tangs. And you might want to figure that we just fit right well into a police lineup if we were all swept up in a raid on suspected trespassers.

Now enlarge that scene. Jack into our line with us all of those other thugs visiting us from the other planets and you would perhaps find the real suspects. Be sure and ask for DNA tests, but don't ask "who's your Daddy?"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You pose an interesting question. Personally, I quite like this explanation (even if it did come from the movie K-PAX).

Why is a soap bubble round? Because it's the most efficient form for what it is.

Naturally, I tend to wonder why most reported alien lifeforms are said to be humanoid. The cynical part of me blames Star Trek or a lack of imagination, on the part of the purported experiencer. Another part of me projects a Lovecraftian property--that our minds interpret what we're seeing into something more familiar to us. Mostly, though, I fall back into that line from K-PAX. Perhaps humanoid is the most efficient shape.

The matter of size is a different one. I think that sentient beings from two similar planets would likely evolve in similar fashion, at least as far as size goes. The amount of gravity, sustainability of the food supply, that sort of thing. Perhaps I'm reaching, but I'm the first to admit I'm no expert. It's just a thought.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

HomeBrew
It stands to reason that with ALL the reported multitudes of alien life forms visiting earth that surely some would defy the size limitations they all seem to conform to, no? Why are we not seeing and/or hearing reports of multitudes of sized aliens? Is it logical or even possible that all alien life being reported to be visiting us (stretching back throughout recorded history) that ALL are of a reasonable size?

This question would have cleared itself if you read one of the only (IMHO) serious author about the UFO/Alien mystery; Jacques Vallées.

You shouldn't limit your analysis of the alien problem to modern reports from the 20th century. Why? Because they are biased by a modern cultural look on the phenomenon so you start with all kind of incorrect preconceptions.

You are probably familiar with the researches of people trying to relate the alien phenomenon to antique texts mentioning angels or annunakis? Well, why not doing the same about the 19th century? When the spiritism fad was at it's peak?

Charles Fort did an amazing job at collecting all the odd/paranormal stories from that time, which proves to be a very valuable help when trying to identify reports of alien visitation during the Victorian era (thus not yet polluted with the modern "spaceman" alien archetype).

Among these reports, a few stand out, like that encounter between a man and a peculiar gigantic flying machine, full of cogs and propellers and steam. But most important, the pilot of that machine even invited the bewildered man aboard. The pilot was dressed in Victorian clothes (yes he looked like a man) and offered the man a cookie.

Do you see where this is going now?

2000 years ago people where being visited by angels and demonic entities, later by fairies or Valkyries, during the Victorian era, by well-mannered gentlemen and ghosts, and during this modern space age, by visitors from other planets.

Can you really trust your eyes during such encounters? Why physical traces of aliens are so elusive despite the unending flow of reports? Why is it so that people who dabbled in occultism and shamanism also reported seeing "aliens" and "light orbs"? Do you really think the whole menagerie visiting and influencing mankind since eons can be reduced to "space aliens approximately the size and shape of humans"?

Lol. That's a bit short sighted if you ask me. Keep digging the topic, it gets really interesting if you can get rid of your modern preconceptions.

edit on 8-4-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
My experiences were with greys and various types of human humanoid ets, not the same groups. And the greys varied too. One was directly at the sliding doors in the evening, and that night had an abduction type that involved the whole family. It was a pink, dark rose colored twiggy type grey, and worked with tall human ETs.

Heights, the only one I could remember/see, was the twiggy type grey, which was abut 4 7" tall. He was the same height as my youngest son at the time, similar shaped head too. Long and fine boned, slightly narrow face, though had the typical, though still finer, slightly buldged grey head. Eyes were as if using sunglass type shades, built in.

The humans varied, 2 different sets of heights. One set, the males were aroud 6 8" in uniform, so close to 7 feet. The other male was 8 feet in uniform and identified from Taurus constellation 65 light years from earth and from Telos. They do physical checkups, the women are the techicians, while the men guard them.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh and a last thought-provoking question:

Why is it most if not all modern communication supposedly done with aliens in this age is done during channelling sessions.

Seriously. Channelling as in turning tables and speaking with dead people. Most people on the net who claimed to be in contact with "Pleiadians" or "Reptiles from Orion" did so during spiritism session. Meditation, drug intake, medium activities, you name it.

How come it seems the best way to talk with aliens is if you are into communicating with spirits??? It's like 99% of all the cases and materials found on the net supposedly from "Aliens".

The ties between "aliens" and the spirit world are much stronger than many suspect. It's why it seems "aliens" have always been here. Because they have. Just they are not "flesh and bones" aliens until someone can come with a proof of it. No one ever did so far. No one. On the other hand, the amount of people claiming to communicate with aliens increases every year.

Makes you think. (not that aliens aren't real, but that aliens aren't what people think they are)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What about nephilim skeletons and the Egyptian rock chairs that could seat a being from 30-40 foot tall?

The bible talks allot about them and there is some evidence that they were 30-40 foot tall.

There are more than a few stories about very tall "Gods".

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

knowledgedesired

What about nephilim skeletons and the Egyptian rock chairs that could seat a being from 30-40 foot tall?

The bible talks allot about them and there is some evidence that they were 30-40 foot tall.

Do you have anything about this that isn't a photoshop or ancient allegories? Especially these Egyptian rock chairs. I mean Egyptians are known for building huge statues, how do you know these "chairs" are chairs for giants and not monuments?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've found a good video:
www.youtube.com...
I like this video

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good stuff guys, definitely presented some food for thought. I'm still on the fence why there should be any reason alien life forms should/could not span a very wide delta of size, far greater then what is reported if indeed we are and have been visited by alien/dimensional beings. Truth be told, I somewhat think that if we are indeed being visited (and I reasonably think the possibility is real) then it may only be from species related to us, one way or another. If we can share a large amount of genetic data with a Tree then I simply see no reason a true alien being from a otherwise alien space bearing not a single shred of common genetic data (completely alien in nature) should have any resemblance to us at all. Least of all just about every single reported account of aliens to ever visit us through out history.

As for the Nephilim, or rather Rephaim, I purposely omitted them in this discussion for 2 reasons. Firstly I wanted to focus on commonly accepted/known alien beings, but also that the lore of the Rephaim is that they are a cross breed of fallen angels and humans. Not so far left of the topic it does not warrant inclusion, but far enough I did not want to muddy the waters. On a side note I find the anecdotal and circumstantial evidence great enough to warrant consideration to the possibility of giants as per the story. Fascinating stuff really!

knowledgedesired

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

GrimButGrinning

You pose an interesting question. Personally, I quite like this explanation (even if it did come from the movie K-PAX).

Why is a soap bubble round? Because it's the most efficient form for what it is.

Naturally, I tend to wonder why most reported alien lifeforms are said to be humanoid. The cynical part of me blames Star Trek or a lack of imagination, on the part of the purported experiencer. Another part of me projects a Lovecraftian property--that our minds interpret what we're seeing into something more familiar to us. Mostly, though, I fall back into that line from K-PAX. Perhaps humanoid is the most efficient shape.

The matter of size is a different one. I think that sentient beings from two similar planets would likely evolve in similar fashion, at least as far as size goes. The amount of gravity, sustainability of the food supply, that sort of thing. Perhaps I'm reaching, but I'm the first to admit I'm no expert. It's just a thought.

Excellent points.

If we're talking about space faring alien lifeforms at least marginally similar to us, physics and efficiency are probably the prime movers re: size.

If you start getting into life forms that are completely alien to us (no physical body based on matter) then all bets are off.

We either wouldn't even be able to detect them at all (unless they found some way to manifest such that we could detect them) or we simply wouldn't even recognize them as life. Think of an intelligence based on EM fields or my personal favorite colossally large beings based on "intelligent patterns" of quantum entanglement. Those beings probably wouldn't even be able to perceive us, let alone bother us as their frame of reference would be so radically different.

But then again - maybe they can.

On a final note - great screen name.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

GrimButGrinning

I agree with you in that maybe our minds try to form them into familiar shapes that garners a feeling of security. Humans are generally afraid of what they don't know. having the aliens humanoid form allows them to process emotions far better than having them like the movies. Of course this is just an opinion but the human mind does play tricks.

I have to disagree with your statement "Perhaps humanoid is the most efficient shape." in that we evolved to survive on Earth and only Earth. Maybe life on other planets evolved differently because the conditions and environment are completely different. Through evolution, we can assume that alien lifeforms can assume any shape and size because the variety of planets in our galaxy alone are stupendous. We can even look at life that evolved here in the extremities of our planet and base it off of those findings. Why people assume humanoid form? because it is the form we feel most comfortable with. A form that we can share a bond or emotions with since it is similar to our own. some thing out of Alien vs Predator for example would scare the heck out of us!

As for size, again it is up for speculation. They can be 2 feet tall or 100 feet tall depending on the environment they come from and what they adapted for. As it is said "It's not the strongest of the species that survives, but the one that is most adaptable to change"

Ad nos revisendos!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join