It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be ingredient labels on beer packaging..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ever wonder about the ingredients in main stream beer these days? I’m not referring to small batch/micro breweries as I know there’s quality there. I’m just referring to the big guys. Once upon a time my favorite Beer was Kokanee (western Canadian) and I distinctly remember the first time I tasted it at the local bar in the mid 90’s…one of the best moments of my life. Unfortunately I also remember the last time I drank one, probably 5 years ago. I remember thinking “wtf did I just drink?” Well, thanks to a friend I now know: Corn syrup.
banoosh.com...

I remember that last kokanee tasting like a carbonated watered down beer flavored jolly rancher. Has anyone here noticed the taste difference in mainstream beer over the years.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Tastes like carbonated water to me. But I don't drink it for the flavor. If it's palatable, I'm cool with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I'm not sure how credible this is but I can assure you that true canned Guiness isn't laced with corn by products. Canned Guiness is straight from Ireland, however the bottled and draught versions are brewed in Canada, which I can assure you doesn't put corn into their brews.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

Well Ill take your word for it I guess. I do like Guiness but havent drank much of it. The only ones I can really comment on are Kokanee and Molson as I used to drink those ones alot back in the day, and they both taste completely different now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You sound like this vegetarian I know that complains about what fast food joints have in their burger meat. You don't like it, drink something else.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

To answer the gentleman's question: "Yes the beer (domestic USA Beer" doesn't taste like they did 40 years ago! The beer, Budweiser, Coors, Miller are watered down and have very little real flavor, just not like the olden days!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
You sound like this vegetarian I know that complains about what fast food joints have in their burger meat. You don't like it, drink something else.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

There's nothing in "main stream" beer except water, barley malt, hops (very little), fermentable adjuncts such as corn, rice etc. to make it light bodied but still alcoholic. They make it as inexpensively as possible, rice and corn are cheap compared to malted barley but still ferment pretty cleanly into an alcoholic beverage. Look to the craft brewers if you want to find all kinds of "extra" ingredients in there. Especially now adays, everybodies adding every kind of possible flavor you can imagine trying to be unique.

The only concern is that they most likely use GM barley rather than organic.
edit on 4/8/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

join