It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* 1994 Dick Cheney said Invading Iraq was a bad idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"How many additional dead Americans is Saddam worth"

You really can't make this stuff up.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Only 147 US deaths, I find that very hard to believe.

How many no US deaths assassinated with the invasion I wonder?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

... Huh, this is in no way a response to the earlier thread about cheney is it??

Seems weird that we get the first article, then this very video gets talked about and now you make a thread about it.
Also care to add your thoughts, are you showing this to show he is a massive hypocrite or are you standing by his message and you think he held this position in 2001?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

So what I heard,

"invasion of Iraq, would not benefit my economic interest right now"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Had to wait for Haliburton kickbacks before concluding it was a good idea of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Was It worth it Dick?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Goes to show he definitely knew what he was talking about because the invasion played out exactly as he said. Once the activities of war became more privatized and there were personal profits to be made, it's truly a no-brainer to fight endless, unwinnable wars with no clear objective. Cheney is a viper, but he's not dumb.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
this might be a clue.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Simply amazing.

It really is in terms of how little people know of current or recent events.

The American Coalition won the Iraq war after the punishment strategy inflicted on innocent women and children by Al-queda backfired. The tribal chieftains, assisted by the Coalition, defeated Al-queda and they laid down their weapons and surrendered in February 2008

The country is stable with the exception of Shia and Sunni Muslims bloodletting that has been going on for centuries.

Class dismissed-don't forget your Superman Lunchbox and your Crayons.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

LOL!!!!
What is amazing is that you think you could just come in here, give us that little tid bit (surprise no mention of the archive)
and then call all of us school children and think that you just "closed the case" Priceless!

What did anything you said have to do with the video in OP? This is about cheney, not about the result of the war and the failure of the AL CIAueda ( you know from the good ole days where the US gave them bunch of support and funding to fight the russians???? I am sure you are well aware of that)

This is about a man that said it wasn't a good idea but 8 years latter after he made some new friends it is a good idea....
Using 911, which didn't have much to do with Iraq regardless of your views on the situation and the farce that was WMD's....
This is about the money that haluburton made in the gear up and the post war rebuild and cheneys connection with them....
So can you try and reply on topic next time?
I'll eat my lunch, I have a batman box but that is neither here nor there

Oh man and mom put in fruit punch in my thermos today!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join