It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle has just started in Lugansk! 3 citizens are already dead!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

There are/were 46 million people in Ukraine, so unless there is more than 23 million at that protest (which I very much doubt, and probs only 10% at most) Then they are still a MINORITY.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

ou forget that almost 36% are Ukrainians and tartars much of which boycotted the 123% landslide victory only ever seen in places such as North Korea

Again with this 123% crap. You really have no shame do you. If you have to keep resorting to lies to win an argument, then you've already lost.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

lightedhype

The west had this coming for attempting to topple another countries leadership. Hell it just came out they have been trying the same thing in Cuba go figure. US gov never stops.

You and others keep telling that little lie, but I don't see any proof or evidence what so ever of a western coup in Kiev can you provide evidence of this please? As I just see a Russian puppet being ousted from office

All I see is millions of Ukrainian people say no more to being under the boots of the Russians

Or are they all brainwashed Nazi zombies?

However we have seen enough evidence to close the case on a Russian invasion and interference as well as many attempted coups n the East

edit on 8-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

Your pretty little pictures prove nothing. Crowds of people in Kiev are not the same people who live in Donetsk, or Crimea, or any other eastern Ukraine city. But leave it to the magician to carry out his trick where you are shown only what you want to see.

And no, I never once said all those people are neo-Nazis. I don't know where you got that from. Most of those people were probably out there because they thought real democracy was in motion. Then democracy collapsed in parliament and radical-right groups usurped power by scaring off anybody from government not will to submit to them, while the west kept reporting democracy.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

are you referring to this kind of people?

violence from Svoboda?

didn't see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

when will the madness end?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

demus
reply to post by Vovin

are you referring to this kind of people?

violence from Svoboda?

didn't see it.

Yeah. That guy talking is the top Communist party leader (apparently), talking about turning Ukraine into a federation.

You can see the same guy with the pony tail in this brawl that was in the video beating on the media official.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How many people die in there today?

Only 3?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Vovin

TritonTaranis

Vovin

victor7
It is sad that West is encouraging these elements.............just in order to weaken the Russian state.

The exact purpose of NATO's Operation Gladio was to encourage and support right-wing extremists in Europe to carry out clandestine operations against left-wing groups and the Soviet Union. Operation Gladio started when the war against Nazi Germany ended. The USA has been directing these operations in Europe for 70 years...

...and even before WWII, proxy war involving the West backing fascists against the East was occurring in Europe. Spain, Germany, Italy, etc etc. The present has its base in the past, long before the creation of the Russian Federation and the birth of Vladmir Putin.

Interesting why don't you better explain and prove this in another thread, it is an incredibly off topic and speculative jumbling of facts and distortion of history

History is off topic. Only the present matters. Got it.

PS: you do realize that Gladio is a very real thing and that there is a lot of literature on it... Right?
edit on 8-4-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

As I said its OT

Make a new thread about your claims and I'd happily prove your inaccurate assumptions wrong

I don't dispute Gladio, it's just your twisting and distortion of facts

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

ken10

There are/were 46 million people in Ukraine, so unless there is more than 23 million at that protest (which I very much doubt, and probs only 10% at most) Then they are still a MINORITY.

So where are the large scale pro Russia demos?

Yup

Nowhere to be seen other than at the hand of small armed violent groups forcefully attacking and entering government buildings

That's how many support this Russian aggression.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

ken10

So where are the large scale pro Russia demos?

Yup

Nowhere to be seen other than at the hand of small armed violent groups forcefully attacking and entering government buildings

That's how many support this Russian aggression.

Do you actually think those videos would be shown in the west? Like it or not the western media is controlled by the government so they would not allow videos to be shown that support a view the opposes the government that they support.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Update:

People are attacking Ukrainian Spetznaz bus (corrected: Right Sector militants bus) in Kharkov:

In Lugansk people are reinforcing SBU building:

They are building barricades and bringing in trucks with sand and shovels.
Kerosene and petroleum are still needed.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi - new member and happened to come across this thread. I'm of Russian descent with family currently living in the eastern Ukraine. My opinion (and theirs as well) is that the Ukrainians voted Yanukovich in and they could have voted him out. Instead, when they didn't get what they want, to hell with democracy, we're taking to the streets like a gang of thugs. Granted, Yanukovich was a pawn of Moscow. He was a lousy president and very corrupt. But democracy has its rules and its consequences. Whoever is in office in Kiev right now is only there by force, not by the electoral process.
On the other side of the equation, Crimea had an election. It was an autonomous region with its own president and parliament. There were over 100 international observers who monitored the election and apparently there were no "anomalies", forced votes, gunfire in the streets, or riots.
The Ukrainians opened the door to Russia to walk right in. They haven't had a competent president or parliament since they declared independence in '91.
Moscow doesn't have to do too much to screw up the Ukraine more than it already is. The Ukrainians are doing a good job of that themselves.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom423

It's sad that they had to go bonkers on the streets to kick out that corrupt president of theirs, but the dude lied during elections, and just because they elected him does it mean they have deal with his bull# for 4 years ( I suppose it's 4 years), he was going to 'sell the country' to Russia and from what I read he also tried to diminish free speech by passing some laws, but either that or join the EU, and joining the EU was one of his promises from what I've been reading since page 1.. Democracy works that way, the power is in the people, theoretically, if the populace is not satisfied with the way their government is leading things they certainly can make a coup d'etat, shame it wasn't really the citizens to overthrow the government but the right sector members, aight?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWine

There is (or was) an impeachment process:

Impeachment and succession[edit]

"In order to impeach the President, they must be convicted of treason to the state and other crimes. A two-thirds constitutional majority in the Verkhovna Rada (300 ayes) must support a procedure of impeachment for it to begin. A temporary investigative commission is established by the parliament for the impeachment investigation. The commission's final conclusions are considered at a parliamentary meeting.

To adopt an impeachment resolution, a minimum two-thirds of the parliament must support the impeachment procedure. To remove the President from office, a minimum three-quarters of parliament must support the resolution. The Constitutional and the Supreme Court of Ukraine's conclusions and decisions are considered at the parliamentary meetings.

In the event that a President is incapable of committing his/her duties as President, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada becomes the acting president until a new president is elected. The acting president is not given the authority to address the nation and parliament, dismiss the legislative branch and appoint candidates for parliamentary approval of government and judicial posts. The acting president cannot call for a referendum, grant military ranks and state orders and exercise their right of pardon. There are no constitutional provisions for presidential succession in case both the president and chairman's posts are vacant."

Should they have put up with Yanukovich for another 4 years? A lot of Americans don't like Mr. Obama. They think he has violated the Constitution. Are they in the streets? No. They'll vote for someone else or another party in their next election.

Yanukovich was a corrupt, lousy president. But it's up to the citizens of a country to organize themselves and vote him out. Taking to the streets solves nothing. And it's obvious that this is correct - just look at the mess Kiev is in now.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

WhiteWine
reply to post by Phantom423

It's sad that they had to go bonkers on the streets to kick out that corrupt president of theirs, but the dude lied during elections, and just because they elected him does it mean they have deal with his bull# for 4 years ( I suppose it's 4 years), he was going to 'sell the country' to Russia and from what I read he also tried to diminish free speech by passing some laws, but either that or join the EU, and joining the EU was one of his promises from what I've been reading since page 1.. Democracy works that way, the power is in the people, theoretically, if the populace is not satisfied with the way their government is leading things they certainly can make a coup d'etat, shame it wasn't really the citizens to overthrow the government but the right sector members, aight?

Well I agree that people in the end may do a coup d'etat, even some minority can like in US, but it may cause a civil war for obvious reasons.

Joining the EU is a farce. EU don't want Ukraine in their union, it has a very toxic economy. Instead they propose to sign the European Union Association Agreement. Now which country who signed EUAA then joined the EU? There are NO such countries! EUAA is basically a weapon of occupation. Most of Ukrainian People don't yet understand what implications it will have, but it will change on May 1st, when the first dramatic consumer prices hike will happen.

"Selling of Ukraine to Russia" by Yanukovich is something that needs further explanation, what is it all about?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A column of armored troop carriers was just filmed stationed near Lugansk:

Militia that is occupying SBU building in Lugansk have just sent a message in which they say:
"Welcome to hell! We will give you a worthy response!" among other things:

Edit:
People in Donetsk are reinforcing regional administration building in preparations to defend it from the attack of the Right Sector:

Unfortunately this video is prohibited from being embedded.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

You're right. The EU has no interest in the Ukraine. But the IMF does. The IMF acts as the central bank of Europe. Without lending, they make no interest. Without interest, they're out of business. By joining the EU, even if it's just an associate level, the Ukraine will be setup just like Greece, Spain, and Italy - to be in debt and headed for complete economic collapse.
None of these countries were capable of paying back their loans. They produce nothing. Ukraine is in the same boat - they produce nothing and won't be able to pay back the billions that they are scheduled to receive from the IMF. Here's an article out today:
www.nytimes.com...

Russia is forming their own trade block - the Eurasian Union (EAU) which will compete with the EU. Although the EU is dead set against it, competition is not a bad thing. The Russian Federation was Ukraine's largest trading partner. Aerospace (think Antonov), industrial parts and machinery, transportation (Ukraine was manufacturing all of Russia's trains). Even chocolate which was a huge export to Russia. Anyone think "jobs" before they took to the streets???

I was in Ukraine and Crimea last summer visiting. The wages were low and pensions extremely insecure. The elderly were living on life support. Corruption is rampant. It is definitely the fault of the government. But it is also the fault of the people who have failed miserably at forming political parties to overcome these problems. In the end, the whole country would probably be better off with the Russian Federation.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Would u take money from this woman??

u better,, or

Europee on Politics doncha luv em

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Vampires!!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Phantom423
reply to post by BobAthome

Vampires!!

she looks almost as scary as Elizabeth the Great of England.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join