It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artists install massive poster of child’s face in Pakistan field to shame drone operators

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

buster2010

HomerinNC

buster2010

HomerinNC
reply to post by buster2010

Yes this is the old claim the people that support these wars like to cry. Too bad they never can show any proof of it. So was the "insurgents" hiding behind children when our drones took out that wedding party?

I dont know about wedding parties, but I've seen the FLIR camera vids of AA emplacements and pics of stockpiled ammo held at hospitals, schools etc
How do you justify using children as suicide bombers?

I'm not saying the US in completely innocent, but war atrocities occur on BOTH sides

How do you justify America attacking a nation that hasn't attacked America?

I love how you conveniently dont answer the rest of my posting, strawman much?

If you knew anything about war you would know that many nations have used that tactic no just the so called insurgents. Many nations have used suicide bombers when faced against an overpowering enemy. And storing ammo and weapons near hospitals has also been used by many nations during time of war.

And, by the laws of conflict, storing weapons in or around hospitals legally removes them from the protected list. The fault lies not with the combatant who shoots at the legal target, the fault lies with the combatant who violates the accepted neutrality of a hospital by using it for war purposes.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It appears to me, in my opinion, that you are using these alleged stats to trivialize the current deaths as if since there might be less casualties than before then it makes it okay...if this is the case

Well it's not the case. My heart hurts for any loss of innocent life.

In my opinion the media coverage, and public outrage in regards to children being killed by drone strikes is much more genuine than the obvious gun and race agendas which you mentioned. That being said, race and guns are important topics but I believe that these issues have been hijacked to forward agendas, meanwhile the drone issue is something different...it's a big fat pink elephant in the middle of your living room that cannot be ignored.

I can't think of many issues that haven't been used in some shape, way or form as propaganda by various organizations, governments, corporations ect. ect. to further THEIR agendas.

You right there is an issue when innocents die by drones or any other manner in war or peace. It isn't excusable by any means. My issue is with the support that the people and governments of these countries give to the VERY people who kill innocent men, women and children in the spirit of jihad. And they do this because we kill innocents? Counter-productive much. I know...on both sides right.

If you believe that public outrage over innocent children being murdered in cold blood is agenda driven than I feel that perhaps compassion is something that you lack...once again, this is all my opinion based on your posts in this thread.

It you believe there is no possibility that some of the people pushing the outrage buttons don't have an agenda; I suppose we both are naive.

And yes...I expect outrage on every front. Call it an equal outrage opportunity. It's an undeniable human right.

I'm lacking on many fronts; I know this. But also know this. Despite how I may come off in a thread, I respect the preservation of life, hate violence and loath death and suffering. Like I said before, it makes my heart hurt.

ETA: left out who I was replying to.

edit on 4/9/2014 by TiedDestructor because: Of aliens

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

V22tech
reply to post by dazbog

you must have missed the post where i said these people intentionaly put these children in harms way in order to make the US look like monsters. i have seen it first hand. How else would we be hitting non combatants if these cowards were not hiding among them?
edit on 9-4-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

Part of this issue is " They " are also part of the general population. By Military definition they are not even and Army. They are engaging in Guerrilla Warfare ( The Art of War ) The School of Americas has taught these methods as well as torture techniques to dictators and despots worldwide for decades. As mentioned previously non combatant deaths are completely acceptable if the target is considered of high value ( Whatever the hell that means .) Per Military stats America has killed 123.000 non combatants in Afghanistan alone. Conservatively each may have three relatives. That's 369.000 Afghan civilians that now hate our guts and will more then likely pick up arms. I would, and so would most Americans if this was happening to us. This absolute insanity will continue couched in the expression " The World Wide War on Terrorism " It will NEVER END and that dear Sir is exactly the way our Government wants it. What don't people get about THESE are their countries. We do not now ,nor have we ever had cause to invade. Congress can STOP this stupidity in a heart beat by not funding this crap. They are the real cowards.The up side is we get to vent our collective frustration online vs going to our alleged representatives homes and slapping the dog snot out of them. : )

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

TiedDestructor
I can't think of many issues that haven't been used in some shape, way or form as propaganda by various organizations, governments, corporations ect. ect. to further THEIR agendas.

Yes, everyone has an agenda, and various issues are used to push certain agendas, sometimes suspiciously close to the playbook of subversive methodical propaganda.
I even believe that some people on here have been instructed/trained to push certain agendas. But that's just me, and I'm paranoid.
Regardless of this... arguments can be right, while the agenda might be wrong (relative to your POV).
Never allow an outside enemy to divert you from your domestic ones, because the enemy of your enemy isn't necessarily your friend.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Funny I thought the US never declared War on Pakistan. Isn't there this thing called the Congress that has to vote to go to War or something? The amount of countries that the US has bombed without declaring War on has got to be a World Record.

I don't even see how people tote around the American flag and talk about American pride when their tax dollars are going towards a drone that's killing innocent people that are no threat to America. But, because of 9/11, the Muslim hate in America is justified.

Basically you could say America is nothing more then Israel's hit man. They both have something in common. Both populations hate Muslims and are going at great length to see them exterminated.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

yuppa

squarehead666
Another good post C.E. +S&F!

Really hope that it will work.....This drone thing, is IMHO, warfare at its most cowardly.

They said the same about snipers in WW2,and now? they are not considered cowards now are they? Is it more cowardly to hide in areas where innocents will be killed? If they truly believe they are chosen By Allah to fight then they should stand up and stop hiding. If it is Allahs will they will not die right?

As for the poster..How old is that child now i wonder? I wonder has he became a jihadist now? Maybe they should drop some paint bombs on that poster instead. Yall have got to realize propaganda runs both ways. That same kid might one day grow up to be a killer. would you feel sorry for them then?

So by that argument then, it's quite acceptable for the US enemies to blow American children to pieces.....To stop them from growing up into drone controllers?

Your ignorance, double-standards and hypocrisy are (almost) incredible.....You should be ashamed of yourself!

PS - Yes, I still think snipers are cowards.....Especially the sort who shoot at unarmed civilians at the behest of their political masters (whoever they might be).
edit on 14-4-2014 by squarehead666 because: content

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

crazyaussi
Drones are cowardly but they are the future.
They need better guidelines that are actually followed and obeyed.

I wish this would change things but sadly it wont.

drones save US serviceman's lives so i am for that. i agree they need better guidelines

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

squarehead666

yuppa

squarehead666
Another good post C.E. +S&F!

Really hope that it will work.....This drone thing, is IMHO, warfare at its most cowardly.

They said the same about snipers in WW2,and now? they are not considered cowards now are they? Is it more cowardly to hide in areas where innocents will be killed? If they truly believe they are chosen By Allah to fight then they should stand up and stop hiding. If it is Allahs will they will not die right?

As for the poster..How old is that child now i wonder? I wonder has he became a jihadist now? Maybe they should drop some paint bombs on that poster instead. Yall have got to realize propaganda runs both ways. That same kid might one day grow up to be a killer. would you feel sorry for them then?

So by that argument then, it's quite acceptable for the US enemies to blow American children to pieces.....To stop them from growing up into drone controllers?

Your ignorance, double-standards and hypocrisy are (almost) incredible.....You should be ashamed of yourself!

PS - Yes, I still think snipers are cowards.....Especially the sort who shoot at unarmed civilians at the behest of their political masters (whoever they might be).
edit on 14-4-2014 by squarehead666 because: content

pss- can you post a link to a verifiable story of a sniper shooting an unarmed civilian

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

jed001
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

if cowards would stop using women and children as human shields there would be less collateral damage

And if cowards would stop killing without thinking there would be less collateral damage.

don't bring your woman and children to work with you

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join