It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artists install massive poster of child’s face in Pakistan field to shame drone operators

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

There is no justification for the continued drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere.
It's the whopping great elephant in the room that the international community keeps ignoring.

2004?? Why are you going back to 2004?
Also why are you saying "war is ugly".... are we at war with Pakistan?

Are drone attacks becoming the face of modern warfare? The Bureau of Investigative Journalism has collected the comprehensive database of reported drone attacks.

It shows hundreds of attacks: up to 337 in Pakistan, largely along the tribal areas of Waziristan, especially in the northern part - something which becomes very obvious in the chart below.

Plus there are another 35-45 recorded in Yemen and up to nine in Somalia.

The data also records the number of deaths, which could be up to 3,247 across the three countries, including up to 852 civilians.

www.theguardian.com...

Far more civilians have been killed by U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan's tribal areas than U.S. counter-terrorism officials have acknowledged, a new study by human rights researchers at Stanford University and New York University contends.

The report, "Living Under Drones," also concludes that the classified CIA program has not made America any safer and instead has turned the Pakistani public against U.S. policy in the volatile region. It recommends that the Obama administration reevaluate the program to make it more transparent and accountable, and to prove compliance with international law.

"Real people are suffering real harm" but are largely ignored in government or news media discussions of drone attacks, said James Cavallaro of Stanford, one of the study's authors.

articles.latimes.com...

You can download the report here

www.livingunderdrones.org...

Site regarding this issue here

www.livingunderdrones.org...

But that's OK... you wont read the facts, the truth.

You'll just keep believing that the drones are out there blowing up ONLY terrorists and are keeping America safe... when in fact, they're doing the absolute opposite and turning more and more people against the US.
edit on 8/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think they should also put up a large Goatse.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks like photoshop to me but

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

I also thought that it looked odd, but after further research other mainstream sources covered this and it can be verified. I wonder how much work it took this group to put this together in the way that they did.

This should help alleviate any doubts you may have...

rt.com...

Pretty damned impressive if you ask me!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Gear
To clarify- USA is not at war with Pakistan.

Mmhmm.

reply to post by jed001

Many say we have our buds the Israelis for the introducing the modrern-day human shield tactic.

reply to post by buster2010

They kind of have, indirectly, attacked us in Afghanistan, and ironically using money/arms we gave them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im sorry but I have to disagree with this. As a prior service member (navy AT2 AW) i know the blame must not fall soley on the drone, or aircraft pilots. Far too often, especially during operation northern and southern watch and before that, the insurgents were removing the radar dish off of SAM sights and installing them on the roofs of churches, schools, and hospitals, so when our missles hit the SAM sights we were actually hitting schools. The missle, specifically the AGM-88 HARM homes in on the dish not the actuall SAM system. These insurgents are cowards and use women and children as shields. Do i think that drones are missused? absalutely, but there is always more to the story.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

buster2010

TiedDestructor

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm sure you'll infer that's our fault we are hated because of ALL the harm we have done.

What else would it be?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you might believe it's because they hate your freedom?

I'm sure droning their women and children has nothing to do with it at all...

You speak as if we target them intentionally! That has everything to do with it all.

I don't know what they hate but I also don't seem them "celebrating" life.

I''m sick of being so damned politically correct in this country while the rest of the world yearns for the destruction of our people, our values and our way of life.

Maybe they should put their left foot first. The world will follow.

Yea war sucks. Get your freaking people out of the dark ages and assimilated into modern society. Maybe then the senseless occupations and warmongering will stop.

edit on 4/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

What right do you or America in that fact have to tell another nation how they should run their country? If they want to live in the "dark ages" that is their right. Take a good look at America we used to enjoy real freedom in this country until the warmongers starting getting political power now we are sliding backwards to the dark ages ourselves.

You said in a earlier post what America has done to deserve 9/11. If 9/11 happened like the official story says it did it could be because America has been attacking and interfering in these nations for almost five decades now. If your nation was being attacked by a nation that you have never attacked wouldn't you want to strike back in some way?

What a poor comparison in your last paragraph.

I'll keep my mouth shut as violation of t&c's would be certain.

Stars or not that's childish logic.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Gear
To clarify- USA is not at war with Pakistan.

Mmhmm.

reply to post by jed001

Many say we have our buds the Israelis for the introducing the modrern-day human shield tactic.

They kind of have, indirectly, attacked us in Afghanistan, and ironically using money/arms we gave them.

When did Afghanistan attack America? Oh yeah that's right they dared to tell Bush to prove that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

buster2010

TiedDestructor

Corruption Exposed

I'm sure you'll infer that's our fault we are hated because of ALL the harm we have done.

What else would it be?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you might believe it's because they hate your freedom?

You speak as if we target them intentionally! That has everything to do with it all.

I''m sick of being so damned politically correct in this country while the rest of the world yearns for the destruction of our people, our values and our way of life.

Yea war sucks. Get your freaking people out of the dark ages and assimilated into modern society. Maybe then the senseless occupations and warmongering will stop.

What right do you or America in that fact have to tell another nation how they should run their country? If they want to live in the "dark ages" that is their right. Take a good look at America we used to enjoy real freedom in this country until the warmongers starting getting political power now we are sliding backwards to the dark ages ourselves.

You said in a earlier post what America has done to deserve 9/11. If 9/11 happened like the official story says it did it could be because America has been attacking and interfering in these nations for almost five decades now. If your nation was being attacked by a nation that you have never attacked wouldn't you want to strike back in some way?

Childish logic? So you think that these nations should just sit back and let America bomb them to oblivion for no reason and do nothing about it? And Ron Paul said the same thing it's called blowback.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"As seen from a drone"

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

buster2010

HomerinNC

Yes this is the old claim the people that support these wars like to cry. Too bad they never can show any proof of it. So was the "insurgents" hiding behind children when our drones took out that wedding party?

I dont know about wedding parties, but I've seen the FLIR camera vids of AA emplacements and pics of stockpiled ammo held at hospitals, schools etc
How do you justify using children as suicide bombers?

I'm not saying the US in completely innocent, but war atrocities occur on BOTH sides

How do you justify America attacking a nation that hasn't attacked America?

I love how you conveniently dont answer the rest of my posting, strawman much?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

buster2010

TiedDestructor

buster2010

TiedDestructor

Corruption Exposed

What else would it be?

Childish logic? So you think that these nations should just sit back and let America bomb them to oblivion for no reason and do nothing about it? And Ron Paul said the same thing it's called blowback.

They have a right to do what ever they want.

But pretending America is the real problem is beyond my comprehension. The statement that America does more harm than good is such a subjective perception.

You act as if we bomb and kill Pakistani innocents on a steady basis. Why sensationalize it all?

We don't get a "ding ding" sound here in the US every time a terrorist bites the dust. But you can damned well be sure we hear a HORN decrying the unintentional loss of innocent life.

There is enough tragedy and loss of innocent life within the borders of this country. But we deserve it right?

ETA: We are too far away in thought so I won't further this.
edit on 4/8/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd still bomb it. Aim for the eyes and stuff. Let them know just how heartless people really are in this world. Children? Yeah, right. Less deterrent than....something really gross that I can't think of at the moment.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Reread, please, Buster.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

squarehead666
Another good post C.E. +S&F!

Really hope that it will work.....This drone thing, is IMHO, warfare at its most cowardly.

They said the same about snipers in WW2,and now? they are not considered cowards now are they? Is it more cowardly to hide in areas where innocents will be killed? If they truly believe they are chosen By Allah to fight then they should stand up and stop hiding. If it is Allahs will they will not die right?

As for the poster..How old is that child now i wonder? I wonder has he became a jihadist now? Maybe they should drop some paint bombs on that poster instead. Yall have got to realize propaganda runs both ways. That same kid might one day grow up to be a killer. would you feel sorry for them then?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

On the note of 9/11 that keeps getting brought up. Bin Laden cited U.S. support of Israel, the presence of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia, and sanctions against Iraq as motives for the attacks.

Wow. 3000 innocent people dead on American soil in retaliation...yea seems fitting right?.

Let's make a poster with EVERY single one of their faces staring up at the sky. Maybe that'll stop it all.

But...it won't.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
reply to post by yuppa

On the note of 9/11 that keeps getting brought up. Bin Laden cited U.S. support of Israel, the presence of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia, and sanctions against Iraq as motives for the attacks.

Wow. 3000 innocent people dead on American soil in retaliation...yea seems fitting right?.

Let's make a poster with EVERY single one of their faces staring up at the sky. Maybe that'll stop it all.

But...it won't.

I didnt mention nine eleven though. Bin laden was just trying to foment support to hide him from the incoming punishent. He himself should a stayed in public and never hid if he truly believed he was doing Allahs will,but he hid which means he was doing HIS OWN WILL.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Visit Pakistan, understand the people. Do you think these people are rich enough to buy weapons and really...against the mighty America? Who's really funding them? That is something that they will not divulge to the public. Once that source of funding (*cough* west military industrial complex and banks) is cut, there will be no more enemies and perpetual wars. I guess these puppet masters will try to keep the sheep asleep or fighting for them or justifying their crimes as long as they could. And boy, you have fallen hook line and sinker to their game. LOL.

Condemn all wars and gather mass public support for peace. Ensure no future profit will be amassed through killings then we are a step closer to fighting the real criminals and fear of "terrorism".

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I must have hit reply on your post instead of the bottom page. On mobile. My apologies.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

First off, are you seriously defending drone warfare? Aside from the moral aspect, don't you know that this kind of warfare exponentially breeds more enemies?
The MIC-overlords behind your POTUS are extending their markets - for generations to come!

Obviously, no General gets up in the morning with the goal in mind to kill as many civilians as possible... it's your beloved Commander-in-chief, the one who established the current US drone-policy.
I cannot understand how some people are still supporting and defending the guy, no matter how obvious the evidence that he is damaging your country.

HomerinNC
ETA: doing a little research, I've discovered in 2004 ALONE, over 167 dead, countless wounded in suicide bombers in Pakistan.
How many DRONE related deaths?

At least you see that there is a parallel between using drones and IED.
edit on 8-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join