It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artists install massive poster of child’s face in Pakistan field to shame drone operators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm sure you'll infer that's our fault we are hated because of ALL the harm we have done.

What else would it be?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you might believe it's because they hate your freedom?

I'm sure droning their women and children has nothing to do with it at all...

You speak as if we target them intentionally! That has everything to do with it all.

I don't know what they hate but I also don't seem them "celebrating" life.

I''m sick of being so damned politically correct in this country while the rest of the world yearns for the destruction of our people, our values and our way of life.

Maybe they should put their left foot first. The world will follow.

Yea war sucks. Get your freaking people out of the dark ages and assimilated into modern society. Maybe then the senseless occupations and warmongering will stop.

edit on 4/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Sorry for not addressing your whole post...it's not fair to select portions so I will do my best to answer and acknowledge what you mentioned.

I am not sure where I implied that you deserve these attacks, we may have got lost on a different page somewhere along the way. All I meant is that you mentioned the other side of the coin (and you had every right to do so) but I felt obligated to put things into perspective. You implied that the same people who are being victimized should look at that picture of that child next time that they commit crimes against ALL humanity. I simply pointed out that there are some real dirt bags there but they are local dirt bags, I'm not defending them but they aren't droning your children in your back yard during the 4th of July BBQ if you catch my drift...

I'm not kidding myself, we shouldn't label any part of the world as a whole...you nor I can speak for all of that region and how they really feel...I'm not sure about you but due to my activism I have met a lot of people from all walks of life and even though we are quite different, deep down we are all the same. Hate isn't magically fabricated, it usually comes from a valid source. I am not promoting hate but how would you feel if your whole family got wiped out while attending a wedding?

Yes I mentioned statistics, and did not provide any specific stats but would you be willing to bet that the tribal people of Pakistan have killed more people than the US military within the last 20 years.

Who are the real terrorists?

On a massive scale which deserves intervention I mean.

And yes, Pakistanis do give a damn. They have been protesting these strikes but perhaps your preferred source of media does not tell you about these protests like the last few times they stopped US convoys from crossing into Afghan to deliver much needed supplies.

At the end of the day the Pakistani people are being used as pawns by their own corrupt government as Pakistan gets money for allowing these strikes to continue so please don't thing I place the whole blame on the USA.

Even my own government (canadian) loosely admits to supporting pretty much any war crime our allies commit so I take my part of the blame too.
edit on 4/7/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Well I can't say anything but great post.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
as i stated in my post re the drone operator
he couldn't tell if the peeps he was blasting even had guns or even were in fact terrorists
then there are the news blabs we killed so and so..then a couple months later we killed so and so again
then a couple months later we killed so and so...and so on and so on

then you have this:

Ask Osama bin Laden and the 22 out of 30 top Al-Qaeda leaders who’ve been taken off the field whether I engage in appeasement,” President Obama is reported in this week’s New York Times to have said in response to criticism that he’s soft on terrorism.
www.policymic.com...

note the lawyerspeak?
every one knows this tard didn't kill osama
edit on Monpm4b20144America/Chicago56 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The use of drones in Pakistan has one important flaw. We (the United States) have never declared war on Pakistan. So why the heck are we sending drones in and bombing wedding parties? Either we are at war with them - which would (or should) require an act of Congress - or we are not.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Apart from everything else that was said, I want to point out that one is never voiceless, helpless, there is always something you can do, no matter how small you or your influence is. These guys found a way.

Like the joke about the young man in prison who gets his dad's garden dug for him.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh look, another spot for militants to PURPOSELY hide next to...
edit on 8-4-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Nice. That's creativity taking action.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kromlech

You mean live?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'd imagine most are controlled by A.I. Makes it's worse IMO

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
As a father of children I could never see how anyone could justify collateral damage and the killing of children. It just does not make sense how a county that claims the moral high ground could ever accept the atrocity of children being killed in so called precision strikes. I despise the way the west thinks it can spread peace through war.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

TiedDestructor
You speak as if we target them intentionally! That has everything to do with it all.

Less than 2% of the victims of every known drone strike in Pakistan since 2004 are high-profile targets. The rest are civilians, children and alleged combatants.

What are alleged combatants?
The Obama administration classifies any able-bodied male (read: above the age of 14) a military combatant unless evidence is brought forward to prove otherwise.

What would you call this, if not intentionally? Ruthless? Incompetent?

Sources:
Out of Sight, of Mind (HTML5 visualization by pitchinteractive)
Covert Drone War (The Bureau of Investigative Journalism)
Living Under Drones (Stanford International Human Rights & Conflict Resolution Clinic)

TiedDestructor
I''m sick of being so damned politically correct in this country while the rest of the world yearns for the destruction of our people, our values and our way of life.

The "rest of the world" would rejoice if you would actually live the values the US is so proud of.
But you don't. You haven't for quite some time now.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Very good idea. Drone pilots will have to see what they risk.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Do drones even operate on VLS?

Unless that's an IR poster I don't think it's going to do much as a message to the drone pilots themselves.

Being it's an art piece, "aimed" at drone pilots it's going to get an enormous amount of attention as most people won't think about what a drone pilot really sees.

[link]http://gdb.rferl.org/8E90541F-DAD0-4475-9F0E-24C99B2654CF_mw1024_n_s.jpg[/link]

Not much there for the to see...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Mountainmeg
The use of drones in Pakistan has one important flaw. We (the United States) have never declared war on Pakistan. So why the heck are we sending drones in and bombing wedding parties? Either we are at war with them - which would (or should) require an act of Congress - or we are not.

Absolutely. And can you imagine the international outrage if the situation was reversed, and Pakistan was bombing wedding parties and killing children in Washington suburbs, using the justification that persons present may be plotting against them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

Corruption Exposed

edit on 4/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

Yes, when drone operators are ordered to hit a target regardless of who is standing nearby, that is intentional.

When they are given the orders to "double tap" and fire on anyone coming to give first aid to the victims, that it is intentional.

When the people calling in the strike don't bother to get good enough intel to make the distinction between a wedding party and a terrorist camp, that is intentional.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

Snsoc
Yes, when drone operators are ordered to hit a target regardless of who is standing nearby, that is intentional.

When they are given the orders to "double tap" and fire on anyone coming to give first aid to the victims, that it is intentional.

When the people calling in the strike don't bother to get good enough intel to make the distinction between a wedding party and a terrorist camp, that is intentional.

When drone operators murder the funeral gathering of their previous victims, that's intentional. It's absolutely tragic that these rejects-from-humanity (Washington, drone operators and drone management) can label these terrorist atrocities as "signature strikes" and nothing is done.

The victim-poster-in-a-field is mindless posturing. The mindless "drones" piloting missle drones know who they are murdering. Their supervisors know who they are murdering. The only way to stop this is to take back the media and focus America's attention on Washington's crimes. The solutions to these crimes will become apparent when it is the daily topic of discussion.

edit on 8-4-2014 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I just wanted to chime in and say I think this is a great idea to send a message not only to drones, but spy planes and even Google Earth.

The new Nazca lines.

Of course you would be making yourself a plainly visible target so your message would have to strategic in it's meaning and placement.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
sorry double post.
edit on 8-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Drones kill civilians. Period. Yet, a drone operator who has his own children...and causes the death of other children.....will sleep well after a ''day at work'' claiming he was simply following orders.
edit on 8-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Pakistani government is corrupt to the core .. and has no interest in protection of their own citizens whatsoever..
They know how many of their innocents are being murdered by drones ..still the keep allowing the West to carry out drone attacks indiscriminately ...just to fill their own pockets with money!
Shameful ..shame on the pakistani leadership ..
What kind of a government would allow such a thing to go on ..at the expense of their own citizens..especially children??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join