It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton pushes back on report he was mob informant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The 12,196-word story -- in which he is referred to as CI-7, short for confidential informant #7 -- says investigators got Sharpton to “flip” after getting him close enough to agreeing to broker a drug deal connected to boxing promoter Don King that they could threaten him with charges.

The 59-year-old told FoxNews.com he was just "trying to get bad guys out of the music industry, and that is offensive to the American flag."

Sharpton pushes back on report he was mob informant

WhoDaThunk? Sharpton is anything but a saint.

The man is a shyster living LARGE off of other peoples woes and even instigating them when there is no need to.

I guess that he is living the "American Dream".

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Snitches get stitches Al!!!

I am just curious as to whom leaked the info! Seems ole Al might be having a severe case of paranoia????

We reap what we sow! Might want to break out that Bible Reverend! Judgement day is upon you!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Snitching on the mob?? Better sleep with a gun...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So this is a rehash of an old story and one he even wrote about in his autobiography. Nice timing though going from the article. Pretty much a nonstory and groundless by the sounds of it.

Personally I can't stand the man and wish he'd just fade away but I'm sure he has some political worth to the anti-Obamites so we can expect to see him paraded out every chance they get.

This mud-slinging and
straw grasping gets rather stale on both sides of the fence but more so on the right side. Is the GOP so desperate they can't just run on policy instead of dirty politics? What's the really sad part is we up in the GWN are starting to see these lowbrow tactics taking hold here. Pathetic really!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Shenanigans! The mob would have nothing to do with this man. I'm 110% sure about that!
edit on 7-4-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The 59-year-old told FoxNews.com he was just "trying to get bad guys out of the music industry, and that is offensive to the American flag." -

The bigger problem I see is we need to get the bad guys out of politics that is offensive to the American Flag.

Like Al Sharpton.

Where's the snitch to get rid of him ?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm trying to correlate Big Al, Don King, and the music industry. I think Al should've taken a cue from BO and the use of teleprompters.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

When asked specifically about his recording of the Gambino crime family member, Sharpton was noncommittal: “I’m not saying yes, I’m not saying no.”

Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant

edit on 7-4-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Could this have come up because he is a, well, uh, attention whore?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Doubtful since there is no way he could exploit that situation for personal gain. He is nothing more than a race baiter who will exploit issues in the black community in an effort to keep himself "above" the rest.

I really wish he would just shut up and go away. We might actually see an improvement in race relations if people like him would quit exploiting it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Staroth
Shenanigans! The mob would have nothing to do with this man. I'm 110% sure about that!
edit on 7-4-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

I don't know how anyone has anything to do with this clown, let alone the mob.

Ban sharpton.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's a typical tabloid story, very short on facts.

According to the Smoking Gun and all the NY tabloids:

Genovese squad investigators--representing both the FBI and NYPD--recalled how Sharpton, now 59, deftly extracted information from wiseguys. In fact, one Gambino crime family figure became so comfortable with the protest leader that he spoke openly--during ten wired face-to-face meetings--about a wide range of mob business, from shylocking and extortions to death threats and the sanity of Vincent “Chin” Gigante, the Genovese boss who long feigned mental illness in a bid to deflect law enforcement scrutiny. As the mafioso expounded on these topics, Sharpton’s briefcase--a specially customized Hartmann model--recorded his every word.

So we are to believe Gambino & Genovese mobsters were openly confessing their crimes to an outsider, and not just any outsider, but a black activist outsider?

What we do know is that Sharpton was protesting against the state of the music industry and how it exploited young musicians with onerous contracts. At one point Sharpton stated he was receiving death threats from the mob over his activism in the music industry. (Something that sounds extremely plausible.) It was after that point Sharpton may or may not have recorded meeting between himself and mob-controlled music execs. I know Sharpton would never acknowledge legally to recording those meetings from a legal standpoint.

The idea that mobsters were confessing murders to Sharpton is ludicrous.

The spin being put on this story from "conservative media" is outrageous- especially from the NY Post, owned by Murdoch, and used as a launching pad for all the bogus RW disinfo the Murdoch empire wants to throw out there. They've always targeted liberals, and Sharpton is as liberal as they get. The conservatives are using this story to attack Sharpton, which is strange, because if it were true, then he was helping the FBI, and the right-wingers put themselves in the position of denigrating those who assist the FBI as well as supporting the mobsters. I'm waiting for the GOP to start defending the Mafia on this one, just as a way to take another dig at Sharpton.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Kukri

So this is a rehash of an old story and one he even wrote about in his autobiography. Nice timing though going from the article. Pretty much a nonstory and groundless by the sounds of it.

Personally I can't stand the man and wish he'd just fade away but I'm sure he has some political worth to the anti-Obamites so we can expect to see him paraded out every chance they get.

This mud-slinging and
straw grasping gets rather stale on both sides of the fence but more so on the right side. Is the GOP so desperate they can't just run on policy instead of dirty politics? What's the really sad part is we up in the GWN are starting to see these lowbrow tactics taking hold here. Pathetic really!

Yah....he admitted it today.
lol

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
News just parrots others news on the TV. Somebody is screwing with him.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sharpton is what he is, a two bit lying race batter and now we know how he got of when he was caught buying drugs.

Your a RAT Sharpton, not a cat and all the community organization BS you feed the public will not change that.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just proves old Al will do anything for anybody for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not suprised at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The point is that one does not become a CI by being innocent. They are people usually caught in a crime, selling drugs in Sharpton's case, and then they go CI in a deal that removes their prosecution so the cops can catch the bigger fish.

This is yet another story in the life of a criminal and con artist that brought us the likes of the Tawana Brawley fraud and he really should be in jail, not making money with his "causes."

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You're wrong in this case. As Shaprton publicly admitted, he approached the FBI about cracking down on drug sales in his neighborhood and corrupt music industry execs exploiting young black musicians. (and for the record, informants agree to work for the FBI for a host of reasons, not just because they "got busted."

In Sharpton's case, he agreed to work with the FBI after receiving death threats from the mob, regarding his activism between young black musicians and a mob-connected music exec.

Regarding other claims made in this post:

Calling him a "rat" is idiotic, "rats" are former members of a crime syndicate who betray their own. Sharpton was never a part of the Genovese crime family. If you or I call the cops on someone breaking the law, that does not make us "rats", and the only people who complain about "snitches" are punks and criminals.

He claimed the FBI tried to set him up with a drug bust, but it failed. He wrote about this in his autobiography. This shouldn't be a big surprise, the FBI targeted a number of civil rights leaders with phony drug busts, Martin Luther King included. Fact is, there is no rap sheet or arrest of Sharpton in a drug bust.

Another factor, is court documents absolutely will never identify the name of undercover informants. So the notion that whatever documents (as yet unseen) the Smoking Gun claims to have naming Sharpton as a CI named "CI-7" is highly suspect. That is pure speculation on their part. They know they can get away with it because it can never be disproven.

As far as I'm concerned, Sharpton did good, he took on the mob and tried to clean up a little part of the ghetto. All the haters just want to accuse him of being a rat.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by NavyDoc

You're wrong in this case. As Shaprton publicly admitted, he approached the FBI about cracking down on drug sales in his neighborhood and corrupt music industry execs exploiting young black musicians. (and for the record, informants agree to work for the FBI for a host of reasons, not just because they "got busted."

In Sharpton's case, he agreed to work with the FBI after receiving death threats from the mob, regarding his activism between young black musicians and a mob-connected music exec.

Regarding other claims made in this post:

Calling him a "rat" is idiotic, "rats" are former members of a crime syndicate who betray their own. Sharpton was never a part of the Genovese crime family. If you or I call the cops on someone breaking the law, that does not make us "rats", and the only people who complain about "snitches" are punks and criminals.

He claimed the FBI tried to set him up with a drug bust, but it failed. He wrote about this in his autobiography. This shouldn't be a big surprise, the FBI targeted a number of civil rights leaders with phony drug busts, Martin Luther King included. Fact is, there is no rap sheet or arrest of Sharpton in a drug bust.

Another factor, is court documents absolutely will never identify the name of undercover informants. So the notion that whatever documents (as yet unseen) the Smoking Gun claims to have naming Sharpton as a CI named "CI-7" is highly suspect. That is pure speculation on their part. They know they can get away with it because it can never be disproven.

As far as I'm concerned, Sharpton did good, he took on the mob and tried to clean up a little part of the ghetto. All the haters just want to accuse him of being a rat.

You honestly believe the word of a guy who set up the Tawana Brawley fraud and think he is an upright citizen who "volunteered" to help the FBI stop crime? How do you know Sharpton is lying? His lips are moving.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sharpton is a spin-master. Plain and simple. He's very talented at taking a bad situation and spinning it to make more money for himself.

This one though is back firing on him. Chances are, he's got less than a year to live, the mob doesn't take to kindly to snitches. And the world will be better off. I despise that POS. Him and Jackson. They are worse than PT Barnum. Always causing trouble for their own gain.
edit on 9-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join