It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mickey Rooney just died - again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Twice if he's still alive.

But if he's not still alive (last I remember he was) that would make three for me as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by FlyersFan

I remember the Russians also landing on the moon during one of our moon landings, but for some reason I don't remember if the Russian flight was manned or not.

It was Lunokod, a Rover mission by the Soviet Union in 1970:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hmmm....no. I could have sworn in was in the 60s and that out astronauts were on the moon when the Russian craft landed.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The U.S. sent men to the moon between 1969 and 1972. I'll go check on the date of the Soviet Union Rover mission, the first of two, and the first ever robot rover to "freely move across the surface" of another world (Wikipedia paraphrase).

EDIT: The first Rover landed on November 17, 1970, and was on the moon during the time that the third to the sixth U.S. manned mission landed there. From the Wikipedia page sourced above:

Controllers finished the last communications session with Lunokhod 1 at 13:05 UT on September 14, 1971. Attempts to re-establish contact were finally discontinued and the operations of Lunokhod 1 officially ceased on October 4, 1971, the anniversary of Sputnik 1. During its 322 Earth days of operations, Lunokhod travelled 10,540 metres (6.55 miles) and returned more than 20,000 TV images and 206 high-resolution panoramas. In addition, it performed 25 lunar soil analyses with its RIFMA x-ray fluorescence spectrometer and used its penetrometer at 500 different locations.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

that settles it. you and I are having the same time line shift memories.
I'm wondering why you and I have the same memories and so many others have forgotten?
We have something in common that we aren't aware of ....

Side note - Just like you I remember Russian astronauts on the moon ... not the robot.

<< 1  2   >>

join