It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did China set off pingers to test US capabilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Seems convenient that China announced they just happen to pick up pings on some low tech hydrophones 300 miles away at same time US Navy state of the art picks up pings for two hours. Seems to me China could have used pings to probe US capabilities.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The system sent by the US is designed specifically for things like the recorders off a plane. So all they would learn is how fast they could find a data recorder.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Tbh I think the US has learned a treasure trove of information on Chinese capabilities

The Chinese had more ships helos and planes and spy satellites in the hunt for the missing plane than anybody else, the Aussies had the least assets in the race and uncovered far more leads and sightings

The US was probably just watching the Chinese and thinking how on earth do they expect to find our carriers

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It was me and i will do it again tomorrow at 2.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

the Aussies had the least assets in the race and uncovered far more leads and sightings - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Sorry...what? As far as I'm aware the Aussie have spotted nothing of the missing Malaysian flight...no wreckage...no bodies, no luggage...in fact, nothing.

Neither have the Chinese for all the technology they brought to bear.

So what leads and sightings are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

They found the ping from what is probably the black box of the missing flight, and everyone thinks its fake. WOW! WOWWWW! They found a needle in the state of Rhode Island, after nearly a month, and all you all can do is complain!? GROW THE HECK UP! This is what we all wanted, this is what the families wanted (well, at least to find it, for some closure), and now you all are outraged!? They actually are close to finding proof of this missing plane, and what may have happened, and everyone is mad. WOW! I'm about ready to just give up on humanity, you can never be happy. All you want is this and that, and they give it to you, and now you don't want it. THE PLANE CRASHED! Yet everyone wants to make a Holly Wood story about it because you are all crazy.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

SixX18
reply to post by Xeven

They found the ping from what is probably the black box of the missing flight, and everyone thinks its fake. WOW! WOWWWW! They found a needle in the state of Rhode Island, after nearly a month, and all you all can do is complain!? GROW THE HECK UP! This is what we all wanted, this is what the families wanted (well, at least to find it, for some closure), and now you all are outraged!? They actually are close to finding proof of this missing plane, and what may have happened, and everyone is mad. WOW! I'm about ready to just give up on humanity, you can never be happy. All you want is this and that, and they give it to you, and now you don't want it. THE PLANE CRASHED! Yet everyone wants to make a Holly Wood story about it because you are all crazy.

Did you see outrage in my post? I just thought of a plausible conspiracy and posted it up for discussion. No rage here. I also do not think I am crazy but I do think the Chinese would drop some pingers near our technology to see how far away we can detect them. Not at all mad or crazy bout it though.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Xeven

The system sent by the US is designed specifically for things like the recorders off a plane. So all they would learn is how fast they could find a data recorder.

What's the possibility there are AU and US submarines in the area who heard it before and were giving back-channel information "listen over here guys, but you didn't hear it from us" to the overt planes & ships on the recovery operation?

top topics

join