It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Parking Spots and Assumptions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My heart goes out to you, it sounds like you have your hands full. My condition really isn't too bad, compared to what others have to face every day. But when I do flare, it is so painful, and I dont leave my house for anything other than taking kids to school.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

This Rant has made me realize, whether due to my own condition, or just not caring; I don't even pay attention to people who park in handicap places, regardless of if they have the tag to prove the right to or not. It's none of my business. Honestly, I think the last time I paid any attention was when I helped a friend who is in a wheelchair. Simply because I had to ride with her.

To all you out there suffering silently, or not so silently, sending hugs!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Im so sorry to hear that you went through that & i can understand it would be hard to just let it go and get over it it would have been pretty scary for you the way she was carrying on like she was going to assault you, you shouldn't have to put up with that and you shouldn't have to defend yourself and show scars etc too anyone! Who does she think she is anyway was she attenpting to be a good citizen? Yeah she's doing such a great job at that
- i will remember this though next time i see someone that doesn't look disabled use the spaces. Although i'd never react like that crazy lasy did, I hope you don't have to go through this kind of thing again.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

chelsdh
reply to post by WhiteAlice

This Rant has made me realize, whether due to my own condition, or just not caring; I don't even pay attention to people who park in handicap places, regardless of if they have the tag to prove the right to or not. It's none of my business. Honestly, I think the last time I paid any attention was when I helped a friend who is in a wheelchair. Simply because I had to ride with her.

To all you out there suffering silently, or not so silently, sending hugs!

I don't either and like you, didn't really note that until this thread. Just yesterday, a woman who didn't look disabled hopped into her vehicle and backed out of the spot to leave. The exchange she and I had? I was waiting to walk across the lot to the store and she smiled and waved me across and I smiled and mouthed "thanks" before I crossed. Sparks (of friendliness) flew!

lol I'm the same way. Where somebody is parking is irrelevant to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Thank you for pointing out that I look healthy enough to not need a handicap placard. Would you like me to see to it that you will qualify for one within the next two minutes?"

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

spacedoubt
"Thank you for pointing out that I look healthy enough to not need a handicap placard. Would you like me to see to it that you will qualify for one within the next two minutes?"

LOL. Omg, thank you for the laugh, spacedoubt. Makes me almost wish I had gotten that placard just so I could use this line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join