It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive in America with NO guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

stargatetravels
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

While I agree with your sentiment about idiots and guns, I have to say that walking around dressed 'like a bum' and depriving yourself of any nice things just because of fear is sad.
If you had decided to live like that for spiritual or ethical reasons or because you gave all your money to charity then that would be commendable but to do all of that just so you do not stand out and wont get robbed is quite frankly shocking and depressing.
Move to Canada or something, sheesh.
I am completely anti gun, but the way you are living is not healthy and not clever either

Nice things?

Read all my replies. I've answered this already.

ATS sure knows how to judge without any facts.

Amazing.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I won't say whether I own a gun or not but I do want to quickly add that just because you have a gun doesn't mean you can use if effectively. If you're going to have one you need to go somewhere and shoot often so you can get used to the feel of your gun and the sights. Even better than all of this I know another way to keep your family and yourself safe. I don't mean to be rude but move out of the dangerous neighborhood! If you dress like a bum and own nothing expensive then you must be saving money. At least I hope so. I think you need to work on getting out of that place as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Now all I have to do is care what you think.

And yes, I am growing very bitter.

However, look at my current mood.

Calm.

I am always calm, despite your weak interpretation of my written word.

Even now, I am calm.

Just being honest.

Your Silly..

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Why do you hate guns? Shouldn't you hate stupid people? Sounds like you've projected your issues onto an object. Thats something you need to get over for the benefit of your survival ifyou want to be technical.

You have no reason to hate guns.

Im from kentucky/west virginia and I used to hate guns when I was younger, but I got over it. Ive met stupid people with guns, but more responsible people with guns.

I've had more incidents in my life where I was in a car and the driver was an idiot and started driving crazy than ive had with an idiot with a gun (zero, knock on wood).

You should get a gun for yourself, by yourself and get over the problem. When you are of age and realize you can walk into a store and buy one and learn to use it and strip and clean it you will change your mind.

Promise. Try it, get a 22 rifle, and if im wrong, sell it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Also... i see some other issues you might want to resolve.

Like, you dont need material possessions to be happy, but it comes off a little envious and misleading to say others have made themselves targets because they own things they want to enjoy.

It comes off a little like you dont have what they have so you've come up with a pretentious justification.

As I said not having those things doesn't mean anything, im far from rich, but not owning things isnt what's keeping you safe.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

crazyewok

Come live in england.

You can have nice things and not own a gun.

Problem solved.

Yeah just worry about being stabbed instead lol.

Let's be honest here. You don't have guns in England but violent crime has not exactly became a thing of the past has it?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

Thank you well done...most ARE vets you know. They don't like your FAKE society and values...don't look at ME ask one.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't have a gun either, and I'm not against anyone responsible having one. So far I seem to be surviving just fine. The easiest way to deal with it is to not live where the total crackheads are. (Since those types will steal or wreck anything without any thought to it.) That still doesn't rule living out in a relatively poor area though, if that's all that's within your means. It's also ok to have nice things, but the majority of those things should be older and not really worth stealing. So even in a poor neighborhood, a 10 year old car without anything "blingy" isn't going to be of much interest. Nobody will want a no-name desktop computer with an a plain and ugly enclosure (nice motherboard though), a flip-cellphone isn't worth the bother vs. smartphones out there, CDs usually aren't of much interest anymore in the age of MP3, etc. For the typical thief, the time spent trying to hock that stuff that nobody else really wants makes stealing not worth the bother. Other than that, if people think you're half-crazy for some reason or other they don't mess with you either. Doesn't mean complete "hobo" look or being rude (it's much better to be polite), the assumed unpredictability comes from not showing any sign of intimidation regardless of how anyone else acts. The poker face works wonders. That is fairly easy to do if you're a military vet, and even if you're not a vet others may think you are and typically won't mess with you anyways.

From my way of looking, I see the point of having a gun if you live somewhere rural. (Either wild animals, or the fact that it'll take any police an hour to show up.) But on the other end, if you're living in a total hell-hole of a neighborhood, seriously WT#? Even with a gun you might get jacked-up. There are much better places to live.

I think that strategy is called "common sense", but apparently it's not as common as one would think.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
People have survived for thousands of years without guns. There is no essential need for a gun to survive if you have brains. Guns should only be used to hunt if that is what you are possessing one for.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Android616
People have survived for thousands of years without guns. There is no essential need for a gun to survive if you have brains. Guns should only be used to hunt if that is what you are possessing one for.

They survived for thousands of years without air conditioning, too.

Guns are power. Some folks are driven crazy by the idea that some stranger, some guy they've never met and might not approve of, has power.

The basic idea of a peasant or serf was an individual who lacked any power. He sold himself daily to the Lord of the manor, and in return the lord fed him and protected him from bandits. The Landlord decided what work the serf did, who he married, and where he went to church.

Yes, your rulers would sleep better at night if you had no power. And what is power? You don't really need it; just leave it to them and they'll take care of all the big decisions for you.

peace

Edit to Add: "All power proceeds from the barrel of a gun." (Mao Dze Dung, paraphrasing Napoleon Bonaparte)

edit on 15-4-2014 by tovenar because: absolute power corrupts absolutely. It also ROCKS absolutely, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Or....don't live in Detroit!

Seriously, not sure I'd want to try and raise a family in an area with a high crime rate.
Something to be said for quality of life and all that. We live pretty well, and out in the country. Sure, no jobs there, so I commute to work, and that sucks...but worth it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

People in my neighborhood are so nosey, it's unreal. Everyone knows what everyone else has.

And crack heads may not be known for bright ideas in skits on comedy central, but in reality, crack heads are known for being brilliant. Some of them rake in 5-10 thousand dollars a month.

Also, people who own a bunch of expensive crap are known to advertise it to everyone. That's the only real reason to buy expensive crap in the first place, to flaunt it.

Judging by your post-count, you spend very little time in reality.

Your stereotypical views confirm it.

You obviously have no frame of reference here, and yet you still stopped by.

Don't you have some G. Hancock to catch up on?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

You do understand of course that you are letting criminals dictate how you live.
That means they in fact control your life.
by acquiescing to the savage state of affairs in your locale you have in fact given crime in your mind a free pass.
Get a gun and shoot a bad guy ,make the world a better place

Yes, PLEASE exacerbate the situation it will bring us closer to an answer. The bottom line is, unless you are an elite who's willing to command servants, there is no quality of life in America. The system is designed to have your wealth drained away by forced subscriptions eternally to keep you working for those who have no conscience and have no glint of empathy.

What would YOU rather? Be bigoted and dead, or alive? Why would you intentionally provoke and oppose a man with a gun who wants what you have? To die a senseless death? How could you even spin a tragedy like that into something that will change this all for the better in this age of so much noise?

a reply to: applesthateatpeople

You are a fine man. Many don't understand that in America not everyone can live in a gated community or booming city that's exempt from the uncertainty and danger created in our economic system. It is VERY wise to appear weak when you are strong.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Thank you!

Someone finally understood what I was saying.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

originally posted by: dashen

You do understand of course that you are letting criminals dictate how you live.
That means they in fact control your life.
by acquiescing to the savage state of affairs in your locale you have in fact given crime in your mind a free pass.
Get a gun and shoot a bad guy ,make the world a better place

Yes, PLEASE exacerbate the situation it will bring us closer to an answer. The bottom line is, unless you are an elite who's willing to command servants, there is no quality of life in America. The system is designed to have your wealth drained away by forced subscriptions eternally to keep you working for those who have no conscience and have no glint of empathy.

What would YOU rather? Be bigoted and dead, or alive? Why would you intentionally provoke and oppose a man with a gun who wants what you have? To die a senseless death? How could you even spin a tragedy like that into something that will change this all for the better in this age of so much noise?

I hate to compare humans to animals but, when youre a. Buffalo with a lion digging his teeth into your butt you use your horns to defend yourself. It is a natural rights and a reason why the human race has existed this far its called self preservation

edit on 24-4-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

I understand what your saying but It seems to me that living your life that way to discourage criminals in crazy.

So I guess I should get a grossly obese, dog ugly girlfriend who never takes a shower also to discourage rapists?

Never have kids either, it will cut down on your kids getting bullied down the road.

I don't have a car because it will keep mechanics from ripping me off...

No, I'll just work hard, have nice things (not extravagant, but nice) and protect what I have.

I see you great ancestor sleeping in the bushes in the rain because he didn't want to have to defend a cave...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Owning a gun has nothing to do with survival. Odds are you will end up shooting yourself or a loved on before you would even use it to defend yourself. Most people own guns because they enjoy the recreational use of them. People who own them to feel safe are the same kind of people who feel safe because TSA is on the job. I own plenty of weapons and not once in the civilian world have I ever had need to use one. Nor will 99.9% of people who own them. That being said, it is my right to own them and unlike so many idiots that do I practice weapons safety and makes sure they are secure so that the do not end up being stolen and used in crimes, since legal gun owners are the primary armoury of crimminals.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
Guns...As an American I have lived my whole life surrounded by idiots with...
Guns..I grew up in Detroit, Michigan.
Detroit is filled to the brim with idiots with guns. Crime is so out of control here, there are several neighborhoods the police (we call them "da hook") NEVER patrol.
But, I hate guns. How do I survive?
Quite easily...
Stop having things of value.
I dress like a bum. I walk everywhere.
I have a wife and 2 kids. Our house has less than $500 worth of stuff in it, and everyone knows. We got a cellphone and a few old video game systems. Every single one of my neighbors have nice cars, sat dish, flat screens, laptops and all that other crap.
They are the ones with guns, and in this city, they have put their families in danger...
So they can have all those toys.
If you wish to protect your family...
STOP MAKING THEM TARGETS!!!!
As an added bonus, your family will be much closer to each other without all the distractions, and your children will be smarter.

you describe to us how to live in America without a gun.
you have done this by, according to you not making your family targets.
you describe that you have not made your family targets by detailing how you have minimal material possessions.

if your family was the TARGET then why was it necessary to get rid of material possessions in order to remove your family from being a target.
sounds to me like the material possessions were the target and that you eliminated all of those so there are no targets at your house any more.

what will you do one of these days when a criminal comes along and he is not targeting material possessions, and is instead targeting females and children? throw your old play station systems at him?

maybe retitle the thread how to survive in America with no guts.
are you sure that is not what you meant to type??
edit on 10/5/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

No guts?

In Detroit (and other areas like it), if you have no guts, you're screwed.

I have always lived this way, and it was only recently I noticed this way of living was protecting me.

I grew up around many violent criminals, and they target idiots 99.9% of the time.

An idiot is someone who flashes fheir riches, or women dressed like sluts.

Thank you fo stopping by.

Street Motto:
"You gotta set of nuts, let em hang"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join