It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Through Threads With 100's of pages in MINUTES!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have not written a thread in about 6 months, but when I saw this I wanted to share. There have been threads written about an app that can help you to read novels in hours, but its really hard to come by, and it is available for cell phones, but was wondering if there was one for a computer... and Viola! There is.

I have been working with it for about a week and I love it, its as simple as copy and paste, so you can read those awesome threads that have literally 100+ pages in a small amount of time, or even those posts that seem to go on forever.

So here it is Spreeder

BTW its not as fancy as the other, newer one, but you can copy and paste what you want and I find that very helpful for ATS forum reading

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nuff said............

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'll start by asking you to forgive me. At first, I thought it would be an application that would tell you what to read by making a "résumé" of sorts...

But no! lol And to top it all, I have been having problems reading since I had an accident where I hit my head... and strangely enough, I had no problems reading at the speed their demo works.

I think my reading problems arise from the fact I hear it aloud in my head, and it tires me like hell.

So I also thank you A LOT for this thread. You just might have brought back the joy of reading for me!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The one for cellphones is called Spritz reader,
It was just released a few weeks ago, it provides you one word at a time so that you don't have to move your eyes (which is 80% of the time we use while reading normall) or some such percentage such as that.

Read ALL the books!

SNF because i think people should read more.
edit on 7/4/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That's incredibly interesting and all new to me. Would be handy to be able to plow through some stuff quickly like that, though there are other things I enjoy taking my time with and wouldn't want to read in that fashion.

Thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Very Cool Thank You.

ego is a slow poke..

How many messages could be lost because the speed is off, like a Frequency of thoughts?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing, thanks for bringing this to my attention! I read so much that this might make things easier and to be honest more interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Absolutely awesome!

Thanks for the link. I was amazed at how well this works.

Deserves at least 2 cocktails/beers (pick your poison)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
S&F, I'd never heard of these apps and I'm quite a fast reader already but I just downloads "A Fast Reader" for android, set it too 400 words per minute and it's excellent, trims out all the movement, all the loss of position when your reading narrow texts, I'd recommend giving it a go.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have to say , I think this would also be helpful for those threads with links. I find myself getting bored with having to read through something that I am sure has some good info in it, but have to read through so many things that are not related first.

So I say bring on the links, long threads, and the research should be way easier now

BTW I am very happy that many of you found this helpful. I plan on reading at least 3 books this weekend, and see how much of it I can comprehend, remember, and most importantly enjoy.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I admit I was a bit dubious when I clicked on that link, but after seeing the demo I'm seriously VERY impressed.

I actually really enjoy reading and like to take my time with a novel etc, but there are times when I have a hefty slice of literature that I want to chunk through quickly (mostly pretty dull reports for work).

I'm not too bad at speed reading on my own but this is ideal as an aid. In fact after playing around with settings I found 2 words at a time at 700wpm is comfortable for me and close to my own speed-reading pace - I'm going to take the advice and practice to see if I can get up towards 1000wpm. Anything that means less time working and more time playing can only be a good thing

Bookmarked in my browser and Thank You !!!

EDIT: Sorry, I know you intended this for forum browsing and yes it's great for that too.
I just got a bit carried away with it making my life easier at work

edit on thu96140 by Suzy0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Oh this is for ANYTHING that can be read! I am going to use this for almost all books, I plan on getting a kindle and I have hundreds of PDF's, I intend on getting everything out, and reading as much as I can, I wanted to add it here, as its copy and paste instead of downloadable content, which is right up ATS alley.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Holy crap is that cool. Way out of the box and it works. It might lead to headaches and shaking on the floor but what the heck.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We are usually reading at the same pace as we were kids, when we have been taught to read word by word, and repeat everything we read internally. The truth is, our minds can read extremely fast, once we let go of this habit alone of reading and repeating in our minds word by word, we can basically skim through text and absorbing, letting in the text as we skim through it. Chunking the words even helps to make the process faster, as our memory works better when we chunk items, words or numbers instead of having to remember them individually.

You can try to do it even with a book and no app, just skim through the sentences only with your finger, faster than your usual reading speed and without repeating in your head what you are reading. You can almost instantly at least double your speed reading in no time.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing!!

I wish this was available years ago. It would be great if they began to use this reading method in schools.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know. I see alot of cheerleading for this so far,
but (for me) I LIKE my "inner dialogue" when I read--It's
a LARGE part of the enjoyment; it's a large part of my
comprehension and understanding.

I can see how this might work well for academic reading
where your purpose is to absorb as much text as possible
in a short period of time, but not for classic works, or even
mainstream fiction. You would lose all the wit and metaphor
and "mind's eye view", just blazing thru without any pause to
contemplate and enjoy.

I'm reading Douglas Adams right now and his wit would be totally
lost thru this technique---it wouldn't even be worth reading

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

You too..........What you say makes sense to me. I also enjoy reading the same way. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is GREAT! Thank you!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
How interesting!

I was taught to read in "blocks," rather than word by word, so maybe that changes my experience...

But, I felt like I was constantly waiting for the next word to show up and it felt completely lifeless and limp (subjective, obviously).

I ended up reading through it "normally" quicker than with the program as well.

Funny how differently our brains can work!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Alright. I get it and it's very interesting. But how do you copy an entire thread so you can paste it into the text box?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join