It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners dictating what it means to be British

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's all about the interests of big business.

The CBI and British Chambers of Commerce are pulling the political strings more so than ever.

They've always railed against racism in order to make the invasion of Britain by third world hordes seem acceptable, even normal.

Cramming the place with more and more bodies is central to their plan for ever widening profit margins.

link   

stumason
reply to post by alldaylong

You are also aware that in the UK, the "Crown Estate", which owns "Crown" land, is actually owned by the Government, not the Monarch. The Crown Estate was given to the state in the late 1700's in return for an annual grant.

The Royal Household gets an income from the Estate to help with upkeep, but the majority of the £400 million a year (some 90%) is retained by the Treasury with around £40 million given to pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the Royal Household...

Jeebus...

Something either does or doesn't belong to the Monarch. So which is it ?

en.wikipedia.org...

The first line does it for me.

link   
reply to post by stumason

in the name of the monarch and are called Crown Lands.

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
they don't call it crown land for nothing
*sigh*
but much less rules then camping in a park
har!
edit on Monpm4b20144America/Chicago50 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monpm4b20144America/Chicago21 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone says, you are British if you have a sweet accent that I wish I had

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It is only called that way because the countries are Monarchies - should Canada become a Republic, then that land will automatically be then called "Federal" land like in the US for example. Your missing some key points here and I honestly thought you'd have the intelligence to realise. It seems I was sadly mistaken.

Do you honestly think that the Queen "owns" Crown land in Canada or the UK? If so, you are sorely mistaken.

Here is a definition of how it applies in Canada, from your own Wiki link:

As the living embodiment of the Crown, the sovereign is regarded as the personification of the Canadian state and, as such, must, along with his or her viceregal representatives, "remain strictly neutral in political terms."The body of the reigning sovereign thus holds two distinct personas in constant coexistence: that of a natural-born human being and that of the state as accorded to him or her through law; the Crown and the monarch are "conceptually divisible but legally indivisible ... the office cannot exist without the office-holder", so, even in private, the monarch is always "on duty."The terms the state, the Crown The Crown in Right of Canada, Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Canada (French: Sa Majesté la Reine du chef du Canada), and similar are all synonymous and the monarch's legal personality is sometimes referred to simply as Canada.

As such, the king or queen of Canada is the employer of all government officials and staff (including the viceroys, judges, members of the Canadian Forces, police officers, and parliamentarians),[n 13] the guardian of foster children (Crown wards), as well as the owner of all state lands (Crown land), buildings and equipment (Crown held property),[96] state owned companies (Crown corporations), and the copyright for all government publications (Crown copyright).[97] This is all in his or her position as sovereign, and not as an individual; all such property is held by the Crown in perpetuity and cannot be sold by the sovereign

So, it is only "owned" by the Crown because the Queen, as Head of State is regarded as Canada.
edit on 7/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I am guessing that those behind this are busy doing this in all western "targeted" country's, let foreigners dictate your law's, identity, customs. A form of warfare, a means of destroying a country from within and we continue to tolerate it.

Karma can be a B**** can't it? How many nations has England invaded then forced theirs laws on the natives? Maybe your time would be better spent calling for the family of Germans to vacate the throne seeing how you are so against "foreigners" being in your nation.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The Queen is no more German than I am Irish...

Another, often used, pile of Bollocks used when chatting about the UK and the Monarchy.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with Karma.. it has all to do with EU, they made it possible and courage immigration and multiculturalism. This very same is happening in all EU countries. In my country they try to ban spring hymn which has been traditional hymn in schools before summer vacation this hymn is from year 1694 and now its too christian to sing... etc etc

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

stumason

No, I didn't miss anything, what you're doing is just making it painfully obvious you don't understand the arrangement or what it means.

For example, let's say Canada became a Republic. What do you think happens to "Crown Land"? Answer this and then we can explain where your misunderstanding come's from.

Get back on topic. Crown property has nothing to do with the meaning of British identity or the op.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Also, the only countries England has ever "invaded" for conquest are Scotland and Ireland.

I wish people would not just say "England" when referring to the UK

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Yes sir! I didn't realise you had elevated yourself to a self-appointed moderator.

But the issue was brought up by someone else and I wasn't happy to have bollocks left out like that for all to see without proving it wrong. I would argue, actually, that a conversation about the Monarchy is very much in the spirit of a "British Identity"

Now, get back in your box - you haven't contributed anything to the thread yet!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

stumason

The Queen is no more German than I am Irish...

Another, often used, pile of Bollocks used when chatting about the UK and the Monarchy.

The real name of the royal family is Saxe-Coburg and Gotha they changed their name to Windsor in 1917. And seeing how they keep interbreeding like a bunch of hillbillies you still have Germans on the throne. So what's it like being Irish in England?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

>groan<

Don't think to try and lecture me on British History. I am fully aware of their family name and it's history. That doesn't mean they are German though.

The last foreign born monarch was George II, born in 1683. The rest were born and raised in England, hence my point about me being "Irish". I have Irish ancestors going back to the same period, so if the Queen is German, I am apparently Irish, which is obviously an absurd thing to say.

If people genuinely think the Queen is a German they then, by extension, say anyone with foreign ancestors in the past 300 years is not British. So you're essentially saying any Asians or Afro-Caribbean people are not British.. Tad racist, surely?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

stumason

Also, the only countries England has ever "invaded" for conquest are Scotland and Ireland.

I wish people would not just say "England" when referring to the UK

England is the seat of power when it comes to the UK. And Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world.

British have invaded nine out of ten countries - so look out Luxembourg

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Is it really? Because the Scots have a good share of the PM's throughout history and they did very well out of the Empire - just look how Glasgow changed on the back of the North American colonies and how rich the local merchants became there.

Your just showing your blatant bias and lack of education on the matter really. England is not Britain and Britain is not England.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well, I started watching the video and turned it off at 1:23.
The premise of the show is at fault from the start; you can't CREATE a national identity its something that simply is - and that national identity is something that is constantly evolving to reflect our society. That incorporates the culture and history of all the peoples of this land stretching back to the original pre-Celtic inhabitants right up to the most recent immigrants whose cultures will eventually be absolved and will help our society and culture continue developing.
National identity can not be created by some social engineering exercise irrelevant of who is attempting to do the 'dictating'.

This is simply politically correct, NWO, mumbo-jumbo and is complete bollocks.

However, I've got to say there does appear to be something of a racist overtone to your OP - I despise racism, of all types.

reply to post by stumason

As usual Stu, some great points excellently made and presented.

One minor point;

He is also a rastafarian, who have rather "afro-centric" views, to put it mildly.

I know a lot of Rastafarians, most are sound and some are the funniest guys you'd ever meet with a passion for life.
Sure, like in every group, some are complete arseholes - the guy in this video is definitely one of the arseholes.

reply to post by CJCrawley

It's all about the interests of big business.
The CBI and British Chambers of Commerce are pulling the political strings more so than ever.

I'd agree that there seems to be an agenda to use immigration to drive down living standards for the majority.
And I'd even say that there's possibly an agenda to use the increased tension and divisions between various groups / religions / ethnicities etc to restrict civil liberties that in turn guarantees acceptance of reduced standards of living.

But I'd say its all to favour the incestuous alliance of senior Civil Servants / Judiciary / Politicians / Bankers and Industrialists / Police etc all of whom seem to share a similar background.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

True enough, on the Rasta point. I wasn't trying to say they were all racists, but they are very afro-centric as that is what being a Rasta is about, reconnecting with your African roots etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by LUXUS

it is SICKENING.

I have wished for a long time that UK would have extended a hand to help those with ancestoral ties to return. I always hoped to one day return after a 500 year hiatus. The isles have the perfect climate for me, and people. But after seeing how TPTB are RUINING our homes, feel that we should unite, find a new land and let the foreigner have it. US, UK and Aus. we all know what those places would look like if we all left, they would look just like the lands the foreigners are fleeing from.

Where can we go?.. i say let the third world have it all. we can build something NEW and AWESOME, and NEVER let third world savages in.

p.s., South African people who descended from the isles also.

The British feel the same way and would be glad for any of our brothers and sisters to return home after their journeying in other lands however the dirt bags who are behind promoting this using control of media are also now in control of our immigration policy, they have recently passed new laws to make it even harder for Aussise, Kiwis and Saffas to get visas....yet strangely enough they open the floodgates to Somalians and others who they assure us will be good for our country...how exactly we dont know but its all part of the big plan!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
30 years ago if you'd havve asked me "Andy, what does it been to be British for you", i'd have probably said jokingly -
"Tea on the lawn, cricket, the queen and cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off, bowler hats etc etc "...

Now if you ask me the same question, sadly, i will be forced to reply -

Fear to say the above for being labelled racist, as i havn't mentioned the golden world "multicultural society"
Fear of not being "multicultural enough" for Britain. I'm all for immigration but with assimilation and integration.
Fear of having lost my identity as an Englishman because of the apparant cultural genocide that has been and continues to be commited against my Anglosaxon heritage since at least three decades ago to make way for the aforementioned "Multicultural Britain", like it or not, your not British, your multicultural.

Why don't they just change our passports from "Great Britain" to "multicultural society" and have everything printed in 15 languages to accomodate our colonial cousins and the immigrant minority who seem to be dictating how British society should behave. I think (once) Great Britain has become a country of 'whoever shouts loudest wins'.

I for one, am glad i got out in 1999.

edit on PM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by LUXUS

You probably knew this comment was coming, so I'll be the catalyst.

Indeed, just the same goes for America. Hilarious. Not so funny when it starts happening in the country you know and love and were, BORN AND RAISED IN!

Best regards,

Yes I did so I'm pleased to inform you that the oldest complete skull found in America belongs to a Caucasian

Also whites don't claim to be expert on what it means to be "native" American though maybe they should because Caucasians were in the Americas for a long, long, long time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join