It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm sad for her children.

The upside down cross tat, was Peaches a churchy?

She must of felt unworthy of Christ to have that tat, why else would she have it on her back?

I doubt because she thought it was pretty.

Or maybe it was to show her beliefs.

Here is food for thought

So, what is the meaning of an upside-down cross? It depends on the context. When the symbol is used in a church setting, it is most likely a reference to Peter and the manner of his death. In other contexts the inverted cross is often an anti-Christian symbol. In our fallen world, holiness is often mocked and what is good and pure is twisted by the “god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4). The cross, a symbol of Christ, is turned upside down to become a symbol of the devil. Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

LINK

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

stumason

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Like mother like daughter!
Probably drugs related.

That's a huge assumption considering she wasn't known for doing drugs in any meaningful way. She was a mother to two young boys, one of whom is turning 1 in a matter of weeks.

It is worth noting it is the anniversary of her mothers death and she did tweet a picture yesterday of her and her mother when she was young, so at a push I'd consider suicide as a cause, but more than likely it is just an unfortunate, undiagnosed condition that has taken her.

If she OD then its drugs related. I didnt say she was a smack head.
Nor did I dismiss grief.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Probably drugs related.

Or probably not if recent news reports are to be believed.

And if it was, so what?

She was someone's mother.
She was someone's wife.
She was someone's daughter.

Your casual dismissal of their suffering and grief is most revealing - I sincerely hope you never have to experience what they are feeling at present.

I not dismiss anything and you have no idea what ive been through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sure relatives are very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I not dismiss anything....

No?

Like mother like daughter!
Probably drugs related.

Well that seems like a quite dismissive and disdainful post to me.
And quite presumptuous.

and you have no idea what ive been through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never said I have.
But I'd have thought that if you've suffered the sudden and tragic loss of someone really close to you then you'd be aware of the grief these people will be suffering at present and that you'd be capable of showing some sort of compassion.

Im sure relatives are very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I'm sure they are.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

According to The Sun, the coroner in the case believed the model and writer died of natural causes. They went on to report that no suicide note was found at the scene, or evidence of hard drugs and that there were no obvious injuries.
www.entertainmentwise.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Natural causes?

At the age of 25?

While relaxing at home?

What natural cause is there for a young 25 year old to die from while relaxing at home?

Unless she fell down the stairs!

Heart attack at 25 is very rare, especially whilst relaxing at home.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was looking around to see if I could connect her to anything interesting (conspiracy related) or dangerous and found this;

From Nov. 2013

Peaches Geldof is facing a criminal investigation for tweeting names that may identify victims of paedophile rock star Ian Watkins.

A court order was made to grant lifelong anonymity to two children whose mothers allowed Watkins to abuse them.

But yesterday Miss Geldof, daughter of Boomtown Rats singer Bob, broke the order by naming their mothers to her 161,000 followers on Twitter.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Also,
she was a self described Thelemite
en.wikipedia.org...

According to some sources, today is the 110th anniversary of the central text of Thelema, "The Book Of The Law"

edit on 8-4-2014 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

(post by RP2SticksOfDynamite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Interesting article.

Could she have been poisoned somehow?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You may be right, but in a sadder way than your dispassionate comment meant, maybe...figures show that the children of suicides are up to 50% more likely to kill themselves.

They are less likely to see value in their own lives (they weren't worth enough for their own mother to stick around, they may reason) and they may associate it with an end to pain. Rather than a permanent 'gone.'

I don't read the right papers, so I barely know who she is, but to die at 25 with no reason, seems extraordinary..

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by tanda7

Interesting article.

Could she have been poisoned somehow?

I would rather not speculate but I must admit Brittany Murphy comes to mind.

According to this article from Dec. 2011, she occasionally employed a juice only diet to lose weight.

Surviving on fruit is a very dangerous diet. Peaches is at high risk of electrolyte abnormalities which could lead to acute cardiac arrest.
www.express.co.uk...

I also noticed her heart tattoo did not always have the letters "OTO"

The other arm,

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Rare, but not unheard of.

A friend of mine played football one Saturday, as he always did. He went out for a meal with his wife on the night went home and to bed early because he was playing football again early Sunday morning. Apparently he had two glasses of wine with his meal.
He never woke up again.
Post mortem revealed he had a previously undiscovered heart defect and could have die at any time.
He was a fit 30 years old.

Another very good friend of mine died of heart attack whilst driving a car.
He was 28 years old and had no history of heart problems.

A woman who was very, very dear to me and who could possibly be described as my soul mate died suddenly of a brain haemorrhage.
I was the last person to talk to her.
She was 32.
I miss her immensely.
edit on 8/4/14 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Conspiracy wise; less so the " The Feast of the Three Days of the Writing of the Book of the Law" 8th - 10th this month, but rather her revealing "Peaches Geldof faces police investigation after naming moms who allegedly offered babies to Lostprophets pedophile rocker Ian Watkins" - Source here

RIP, very sad for such a young age. But remember now everyone always says the real whistle blowers are offed.
edit on 8-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

True. I know these things can happen to younger people too but it is rare nonetheless.

I think an autopsy is going ahead later today, so we may know by the weekend.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

An autopsy on Peaches Geldof was inconclusive and toxicology tests will be conducted in an attempt to determine what killed the 25-year-old celebrity, police said Wednesday.

Police are treating her death as non-suspicious but unexplained. The force said detectives are investigating the circumstances and will hand their report to a coroner, who is likely to hold an inquest.
Inconclusive.

singingbones

...figures show that the children of suicides are up to 50% more likely to kill themselves.
I'm not sure if you are implying suicide but I've seen no indication that Paula Yates (her mom) committed suicide. Paula's death was ruled an accidental overdose, however she had just lost her boyfriend so I guess anything is possible.

Here are some figures from 1997-2007. Cause of death among 25-44 year olds in the U.S.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK54374/#specialfeature.s6

edit on 9-4-2014 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Rare, but not unheard of.

A friend of mine played football one Saturday, as he always did. He went out for a meal with his wife on the night went home and to bed early because he was playing football again early Sunday morning. Apparently he had two glasses of wine with his meal.
He never woke up again.
Post mortem revealed he had a previously undiscovered heart defect and could have die at any time.
He was a fit 30 years old.

Another very good friend of mine died of heart attack whilst driving a car.
He was 28 years old and had no history of heart problems.

A woman who was very, very dear to me and who could possibly be described as my soul mate died suddenly of a brain haemorrhage.
I was the last person to talk to her.
She was 32.
I miss her immensely.
edit on 8/4/14 by Freeborn because: spelling

I dont think its all that rare really. When I was 18 a buddy of mine dropped dead while he was working on a car he was restoring. Heart attack at 22. Undiagnosed issues with his heart.. only knew what was up after the autopsy. My husbands cousin and he lived together. He died at 17 with heart failure after getting the mail from the end of the driveway. Yet another undiagnosed heart condition. After they found out what was wrong, he and the other cousins/siblings were all checked out by a cardiologist upon advise of the ME. We also checked our children as its hereditary.
I also wanted to say Im terribly sorry you suffered that loss... but you also received a gift by knowing her the amount of time you did.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The following post is only an observation.
As I posted earlier, I find my local OTO chapter to be harmless.

But I would have thought some of the more conspiratorial types would have picked up on this.

Her heart tattoos,
Right arm;

Left arm; a broken heart

Then at some point she added the OTO to the unbroken heart;

As member dreamingawake mentioned,

The Feast of the Three Days of the Writing of the Book of the Law" 8th - 10th this month
The Book of the Law, channeled by Aleister Crowley was reportedly written over the course of three days in 1904, April 8-10.

Heart Attack?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Autopsy inconclusive. Have to wait a week or two for toxicology results.
Maybe some kind of drugs either as a user or suicide!
Whatever the results. 25 is no age to pass.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's a tragedy. Bob was a single father for quite a while and fought for single parents' rights.
Besides, his intellect and his songwriting career have precisely touched upon themes which could have prevented this - if Peaches' death was indeed either due to a suicidal mood or drugs.
The Boomtown Rats were a brilliant and very expressive band, very disciplined and still listenable.
I was on their New York City concert in Summer 1982, and had already been listening to their albums, especially "The Fina Art of Surfacing" - I still recommend it to anyone.
Besides, I also have a 25-year-old. I cannot imagine what grief a parent would have.
Now Bob has to be a single grandfather (with the father I assume).
It must be difficult for the women in this family - starting with Bob's mother's suicide.
A theme that would surely have been healed at a family constellations workshop (Bert Hellinger).
However they cannot deal with anyone on serious drugs, if she was indeed a coc aine user that causes mood swings.
Judging by her look in the media photos, I don't think she was doing heroin as her mum.

All my sympathies go to Bob and the grandchildren - perhaps there would be still a contents-based approach that could alter help them. I am waiting for what the coroner decides as the exact cause of death. I think if she had had a weak heart they must have known.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Obviously the ghost did it.

<< 1   >>

join