It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMC's Turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just watched a trailer about a new series by AMC called: Turn.

Looks like it is set in 1776 and centres on the Culper Ring and their role in the American revolutionary war (fascinating stuff IMO).

I thought some people on here might enjoy it... or already know about it? Is it any good?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the "pilot, great performances by the actors. I was starting to lose hope for amc shows to. Walking dead is very boring in my opinion and the acting is horrible (though this season has been pretty good). But turn shows promise and I will definitely be checking it out next Sunday. People are saying that it won't do well because everyone knows how it will end if they read up on the culper ring. I do not know how it will end and have never even heard of the culper ring until now so I am going to let the show introduce me and then when it is over do some research to compare. I suggest checking it out, especially if your a history buff.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw a preview / commercial it looks okay. I'm waiting for "Salem" on WGN Apr. 20th, it looks killer badass.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh, this looks good. I hadn't heard of it. All I use is Netflix, and most of that is kid stuff (my children, not me). But this, I will have to seek out. Thanks for throwing it out here, or who knows when I would have found out about it!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Its worth a look chels, The first episode is a hour and a half. some have said it is little slow but I enjoyed it and is necessary for this type of story. I am already getting attached to the characters and it is suspenseful in the fact that not every character seems committed to the "side there on. Great piece of television.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepard64

Ok. Will definitely be watching this, after I watch last night's premier of Game of Thrones!

new topics

top topics

join