It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

APRIL 7--When friends and family members gathered recently at the White House for a private celebration of Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday, one of the invited partygoers was a former paid FBI Mafia informant.

That same man attended February’s state dinner in honor of French President Francois Hollande. He was seated with his girlfriend at a table adjacent to President Barack Obama, who is likely unaware that, according to federal agents, his guest once interacted with members of four of New York City’s five organized crime families. He even secretly taped some of those wiseguys using a briefcase that FBI technicians outfitted with a recording device.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Race hustler, progressive agenda pimp, FBI snitch... Al Sharpton's ability to find himself associated with the lowest of the low knows no bounds.

The guy is a scumbag, through and through...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Yeah, this guy is personally responsible for more damage to the black community than nearly anyone I can think of and we have known about it the whole time.

RFK had Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton Figured Out Long Ago

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Rat. Always knew it.
I wonder who's going to put a contract on him first?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

AL is a progressive scumbag who has sold out his own race for profit. Many Black people are waking up to this fact and men like him will have fewer and fewer sheep in the flock.

He is a sell out in so many ways. I wonder what Mr. King would think about men like this if he lived today...........I really wish he was still alive today.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The 'Good' reverend eh ?

When he walks up to the Pearly Gates, and God says' So Al think you belong up here?'

Al replies. Yes !

God, says no !

Al screams racist !

Then calls the FBI, and Holder, then will to a show about how he was 'discriminated' against.

edit on 7-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I would say something like "WoW! SHOCKING!", but I think I'll settle for, "Meh, that makes sense."

I hope all those he snitched on have passed and nobody remembers and old grudges. It sure would be a shame if......

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Wow, he's a hero/ /sarcasm

So my main question is what was he doing (and got caught at) when he finally, selflessly decided to join the FBI? The article seemed to leave that specific info out.

As with most informants I'd guess he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and blackmailed by the FBI into snitching. Or,

Sharpton--then involved in the early stages of the Tawana Brawley hoax--said he sought the help of investigators to combat the crack coc aine epidemic ravaging New York’s poorest communities. Sharpton also claimed to have contacted agents (and pledged his assistance) after a Mafia associate allegedly threatened him over a music industry dispute.

Translation:
    "I made false accusations Help Me!"
    "I stiffed the mafia on some deal, Help Me!"

People don't come any dirtier than Al Sharpton.

edit on 855pm1010pm22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, especially his new concrete one someones probably going to put him in.

Coming soon to a pet store nearest you.

I know many of us don't care for the man, but if someone does go after him, I really pray they leave his family out of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

He is a sell out in so many ways.

In addition to being mouthy, uppity, rebellious, ungrateful and other traits that authoritarians don't like, are there specific examples of immoral, illegal or hypocritical behavior you can cite?

I don't follow his work, but just from the vicious, abstract attacks I must conclude he's upset the WASP nest at ATS. Why don't some of the members share some of the facts of this person? Surely there are many cases, if his evil has become common knowledge.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

dashen
I wonder who's going to put a contract on him first?

That's the first thing that went through my mind when I read this.
You don't mess with the mob. They don't take kindly to this kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The "How and Why" that info came out about him would be interesting. He evidently over-played his hand at some point or the revelations were for another reason higher up the political tree.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Sharpton was known to have crossed paths with underworld figures through his work in the music industry and boxing world, including with his mentor James Brown. He also had an association with boxing promoter Don King.

Sharpton, in a Post interview, did not deny that he cooperated with the FBI. But he said the report greatly exaggerated his role.

“It’s crazy. If I provided all the information they claimed I provided, I should be given a ticker-tape parade,” Sharpton said.

nypost.com...

Sure Al, as long as that parade ends at the prison gates, I'll be the first to throw you a parade...

Pompous @$$...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think Al is running scared...

A defiant Rev. Al Sharpton today responded to media reports that he served as an FBI informant against mob bosses in the 1980s, confirming that he recorded conversations, but insisting the reports missed the mark.

Speaking at a hastily-called press conference at the National Action Network’s headquarters in Harlem, Mr. Sharpton took special issue with the “informant” characterization. The front pages of the New York Post and Daily News today labeled the reverend a “rat” and a “mob snitch” respectively.

“Rats are usually people that were with other rats. I was not and am not a rat, because I wasn’t with the rats. I’m a cat,” Mr. Sharpton explained. “I chase rats.”

observer.com...

Al was with all the rats, and he still is...

I'm thinking back in the day, all Al could chase was another plate of fettuccine Alfredo... And the plate still had a chance of getting away...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

He is trying to sell himself as a 'cat' and not a 'rat'.
(Funny ... I see him as a fungus.)
The label 'snitch' will get you killed on the street.
He knows it and is trying to shake the label.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A moment of clarity...

Sharpton said he cooperated with the FBI but didn’t consider himself an informant.

He said his only embarrassment about the report is that the website posted photos of him when he weighed more.

“Because a lot of my younger members didn’t know how fat I was,” Sharpton said.

On Monday, he told WCBS 880′s Rich Lamb that the story exaggerates his role and that he only asked the FBI to investigate the crime family after receiving threats.

The FBI “came in 1982, ’83, after Don King tried to entrap me in a drug deal that didn’t work,” Sharpton said. “Then seven months later, when I was threatened by members of the mob because I was saying that a lot of concerts should be going to black artists, and I went after them. I was threatened. I called these FBI guys back, since some of the guys were from California, and told them these are the kind of things they ought to be investigating.”

Fattening of text... Errrr... Emphasis mine...

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Nice dime drop on Don King... He's still a rat...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Now it all makes sense...

Sharpton began cooperating with the FBI in mid-1983. So he had actually been working as a confidential informant for about nine months before Pisello’s purported threat, an encounter that Sharpton now falsely claims prompted him to first contact federal agents (and subsequently begin recording Buonanno).

The reverend was “flipped” by FBI agents three months after he was filmed in March 1983 (during a bureau sting) talking coc aine with an undercover agent. On a Thursday afternoon in June 1983, Sharpton showed up at a Manhattan apartment expecting to meet again with the undercover agent, who was posing as a former South American druglord seeking to launder money through boxing promotions.

Instead, Sharpton was confronted by FBI agents who showed him the “coc aine” videotape. The panicked reverend agreed--on the spot--to cooperate with federal agents, according to sources familiar with the contents of Sharpton’s FBI informant file.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

So the fat rat was nabbed brokering drug/money laundering deals, and went full snitch to prevent long nights with Bubba...

MSNBC must be so proud...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
NY Post - Sharpton Was Easger to Sell Coke in 1980s says 'Pal'

DURHAM, NC — A drug trafficker who worked for Al Sharpton’s nonprofit in the 1980s said that despite the preacher’s denials, he was eager to get a slice of the lucrative drug deal captured on FBI surveillance video.

“It was greed. He just wanted money,” Robert Curington, 72, told The Post during a two-day interview at his North Carolina home, detailing for the first time how Sharpton stepped into the FBI’s trap — and was then forced to become a federal informant.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
M0ar:

DURHAM, NC — A drug trafficker who worked for Al Sharpton’s nonprofit in the 1980s said that despite the preacher’s denials, he was eager to get a slice of the lucrative drug deal captured on FBI surveillance video.

“It was greed. He just wanted money,” Robert Curington, 72, told The Post during a two-day interview at his North Carolina home, detailing for the first time how Sharpton stepped into the FBI’s trap — and was then forced to become a federal informant.

Sharpton has said he showed interest in the drug deal only because he feared the undercover agent was armed. He also claimed that he snitched for the feds — as first reported by The Smoking Gun this week — because the mob was threatening him.

nypost.com...

Fat lying sack of crap...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Saturday Night Live actually made a spoof of this. You can see it here. They even say "this is actually based on truth".

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Talk about organized revolt

new topics

top topics

join