It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Moon race will be televised, aims for 2015 landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well ATS,

The Revolution won't be televised but this private Moon race will.

Teams of engineers are rushing to put a robotic spacecraft on the moon in the Google Lunar X Prize competition, which is offering up to $30 million in prize money for the lunar feat. This week, the Science Channel and Discovery Channel announced that they will cover the moon race, from testing to the liftoff to the live lunar landing of the winning team.

Sounds pretty cool. This Google Lunar X Prize idea seems to be growing into something; it started out as the X prize in the 90's in which Burt Rutan won the first one for his Scaled Composites rocket the Virgin Galactic. This new twist to televise the Moon landing seems to be a test-bed for the Martian landing/ colony which is also to be a televised event. What say you, ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I love it. This is how things should work. Get government and politics out of it and let private industry push the space envelope. We'll get things done twice as fast at half the cost.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Which movie studio this time and who is doing the props?

couldn't resist, but more seriously this should be fun to watch.

edit on 55430America/ChicagoMon, 07 Apr 2014 11:55:28 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
After decades all we had to do was make it a competition again to see any progress.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Now this is something I would definitely watch with the family.

New Age Space race for a New Age Generation.
Perfect.

Regardless of the previous space race on the validity of the moon landing, we are FOR SURE now in the position for this feat, as it should squash any rhetoric of it being a faked, hyped cause.
This event will have Great minds, creative in all areas. I can't wait!!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

This is great news, I cant wait!

(we need a rocket icon)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Arnie123
Now this is something I would definitely watch with the family.

New Age Space race for a New Age Generation.
Perfect.

Regardless of the previous space race on the validity of the moon landing, we are FOR SURE now in the position for this feat, as it should squash any rhetoric of it being a faked, hyped cause.
This event will have Great minds, creative in all areas. I can't wait!!

Oh don't worry.

Even if this happens without a hitch (and I hope it does), there will be those that will scream and holler that it's fake, and you're being lied too.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

--
Yup, I figured that much, some people just would rather have the world stuck in the 9th century then take part in humanities advancement.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

What I can almost guarantee will happen is that the rocket and lander will be plastered with ads for Pepsi Cola and other earth poisons. I really hope that ads aren't allowed on the part of the rocket that will be landing on the moon itself. That's horrible to think about. Unless it's for Rice Dream. ummmmmmm, Rice Dream.

new topics

top topics

join