It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia --> Putin Corruption Network Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well it seems that Russia and the U.S. (and the rest of the world) actually *DO* have many things in common than the average person would be led to believe.

Apparently corruption is running wild and rampid in Russian politics and businesses.

This story is strongly suggesting a definite link to big business and many Russian politicians.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is especially involved with the big money involving oil and gas.

Sounds like there really is an international corporatist agenda with a big web of influence.

Corruption by Russian President Vladimir Putin and his administration in Moscow has produced tens of billions of dollars worth of illicit funds for the Russian leader and his top aides, according to U.S. officials.

Putin is estimated to have amassed a fortune worth at least an estimated $28 billion through kickbacks from projects like construction at the Sochi Winter Olympic games, holdings in Russian real estate and energy conglomerates, and kickbacks from deals with associates going back to the late 1990s.

Putin Corruption Network Revealed

Maybe we are witnessing an international corporate - bankers war ?

Maybe the "borders" of nations are actually economic and financial "borders" ?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The according to US officials part is what throws me... are you sure that they are not just saying this to try and make the masses side with them in their hatred for Putin?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This was also brought to light by the wiki leaks cables.

Russia is a corrupt, autocratic kleptocracy centred on the leadership of Vladimir Putin, in which officials, oligarchs and organised crime are bound together to create a "virtual mafia state", according to leaked secret diplomatic cables that provide a damning American assessment of its erstwhile rival superpower. Arms trafficking, money laundering, personal enrichment, protection for gangsters, extortion and kickbacks, suitcases full of money and secret offshore bank accounts in Cyprus: the cables paint a bleak picture of a political system in which bribery alone totals an estimated $300bn a year, and in which it is often hard to distinguish between the activities of the government and organised crime.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I feel reassured now that there are no organized crime or corruption, or even lobbying by big industries in western countries. That's a relief.

Now, if we could find that 6 billion Hilary and her friends lost...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

andr3w68
The according to US officials part is what throws me... are you sure that they are not just saying this to try and make the masses side with them in their hatred for Putin?

Very very possible.

It could be part of the on-going psy-ops from both sides.

But Russia does have many "closed" corporations.

"Closed" to "foreign" investors (or severely limited stock ownership).

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I really couldn't care less at this point, because they still have some protections that we do not currently have.

jhaines6.wordpress.com...

Russia will not import GMO products, the country’s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said, adding that the nation has enough space and resources to produce organic food.

Due to their stance, alot of what is being flung at them is probably unfounded even.

I like their stance!

I don't like that they still a scarsity system. To become the wayshowers, and perrhaps get the Scandinavian countries on par, they need to DISCLOSE all their clean tech and free the people from enforced slavery with equality and freedom, clean energy, food production, and a kind of venus program of abundance for all. Everyone should be living like kings.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Corruption through Gazprom is known by the euphemism, according to the Russian opposition study, as “value detraction” and was estimated to be 70 percent of the capital expenditure.

I knew that $28 billion disappeared from the Sochi money but, I didn't know that it had been proven to be absconded with by Putin himself. Not a big surprise.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Corruption is rampant in all our governments it seems.
2.5 trillion missing from the pentagon (don't forget, where did it go?)
Funding the toppling of governments.
Voter fraud.

Its all a giant network of gangsters.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

AzureSky
Voter fraud.

Yes, and it/they will always be, regardless of ideology. Hopefully everyone is beginning to understand that smaller less powerful government is in the best interests of all men.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Politicians must learn to lie in order to gain the offices they seek. Having been financed and helped by already corrupt people, they must learn to play the game. It's sorta like--and largely so--being in the mob. Once in, not much chance for escape from the demands of those that put you into that position. "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse" sort of situation.

Anything that comes along and upsets a formerly and probably smoothly running status quo becomes a double opportunity for the existing corruption to advance itself even further or leave openings for new blood and money to appear on the scene. That is what happened when the USSR fell apart. Its remnants became highly prized by waiting vultures, and not so finely put as to be only Western venture (vulture) "capitalists." When you are playing your home field, you have a definite advantage in many ways.

World corruption is only going to get worse as country after country either falls apart or stumbles such that private sales of formerly "free" and public buildings, utilities and services are sold off in "austirity" moves. Information will be the sleeper added that collection in the future. Little will be free as in the old days. Oh, the corruption won't be noticed as exactly that, only that the price of the commodity will be eventually increased. It is rather strange. And one staring the US in the face.

The US Postal Service, removed a couple of decades ago from being an official aspect of the US government, is facing billions of dollars in debts despite a relentless increase in prices over the years. 'Talk is of selling it off. Is some outfit going to buy it and run it for a loss? No. No savvy business would do that unless Google, working a strategy to strangle it into a near catatonic state as it wheeled off the parcel aspect to a couple of the other parcel outfits more in a position to handle that side of it. Those side plays aside, the question is any buyer of the postal service going to run the business and continue to lose money or revamp it to become profitable? The answer is obvious, the price of buying the ancient business must be attractive enough for the buyers to make good on their investment. That is not to say or even suggest that the new service (mail?) will continue in the ways of the old one but may well be transformed largely into a wireless service.

The point here, however, is that regardless of technological improvements that will be introduced, the price to the public of the new service replacing the old one that the government could no longer afford to maintain will increase, probably drastically. I imagine it will be a subscription service. And involved in all stages of that organized transition is where the crook, politicians and insiders make their money. Oh, and your taxes won't go down despite the federal government releasing itself from that burden. (Probably they'll add some tax or another to your new communications statement each month.)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I have been doing a bit of reading about Russia as of late,with all that is going on currently.The money left over from Sochi has been earmarked for other projects now I've read. It is being used to the new Gym for the people to get Russians to be healthier.So if the money was missing or taken,then how could it show up for that?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This interview with Dr. Jim Willie sheds some light on the Ukraine Russian Iran and the USD to keep in mind .He also claims that it was Langley that put a computer virus into Chernobal that cause the meltdown www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Dimithae
reply to post by greencmp

I have been doing a bit of reading about Russia as of late,with all that is going on currently.The money left over from Sochi has been earmarked for other projects now I've read. It is being used to the new Gym for the people to get Russians to be healthier.So if the money was missing or taken,then how could it show up for that?

I was reading it that Putin has appropriated $28 billion over the years and that it is just a coincidence that $28 billion is missing from the Sochi funds, dunno though.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

greencmp

AzureSky
Voter fraud.

Yes, and it/they will always be, regardless of ideology. Hopefully everyone is beginning to understand that smaller less powerful government is in the best interests of all men.

Yes, this was why the COTUS was designed to be a deliberate cage if it is interpreted by an originalist and not by one of the New Age Living Breathing types who can figure out how to make it mean exactly what they want it to mean whenever they need it to mean that.

It was supposed to keep the Fed small and very contained. Smaller than some state governments, even.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The difference is the western governments it is compartmentalised

Where as Russia China North Korea etc are not

For instance certain Chinese government officials have up to 25,000 workers under them and corps there businesses, Government officials are in control of the industries banks and big business, Putin went from just 6-11 million when he gained office to 60 odd billion today

I think this says it all tbh, government corruption in Russia China et el is like western corruption on steroids

top topics

join