It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Masons Thoughts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Posting so I can come back later. Nice post, thanks for sharing and very well written! S&F.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yhin999
I just don't abide liars.

Any faster? I just happen to be logged in at that time. And yes, I am defending Freemasonry and proud to do so because I have first hand knowledge of the facts.

You can be dismissive, but your post was filled with an illogical fallacy known as a non-sequitur.

Again, the ignorance of people and their lack of knowledge is not the fault or a "cover up" of the CIA.

No, an actual degree. I'm finishing up a Bachelors into Political Science with an emphasis on International Relations, and I recently changed to a double major on History (since I had plenty of transfer credits that I'm just a few classes away from that). Imperial Japan could easily be called fascist. By your definition you are thinking of an oligarchy--a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few--versus fascism--nationalist ideology or movement that exalts nation and often race above the individual and, with an centralized authoritarian and hierarchical structure headed by a dictatorial leader.

Japan was a part of the Axis of Evil along with Nazi Germany and Italy. I'm not saying Freemasonry is okay because Japan banned it, I'm merely pointing out the fact that historically it was only fascist or authoritarian style governments that have banned Freemasonry. I believe Freemasonry is "OK" because of my experience and the research I conducted before ever joining.

Face it dude, the WHOLE WORLD hates America.

Irrelevant to the thread.

And it's true, no matter what you think, Japan was at war with Masonry itself and why shouldn't it be.

Then post something from the Japanese that prove this.

Thank you for the display of hubris. I could walk circles around you in regards to Masonry, but you can continue to think you know more than actual members.

Banking? Freemasonry? Oh sorry I must be crazy huh?

From your lips to God's ears.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ooooh I came in this thread because I keep hearing about these satanic sex orgies Masons are supposed to have every other week and again I leave disappointed.
I wish you Masons would live up to your reputations

Just a point I usedto work in an old folks home and it was an old school house a hundred years back and the wood panels had loads of mason sybols and stuff put there by the carpenter...very lovely things, I found out that one of the girls whom I worked with her great great granddad was that carpenter
edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

(post by giacobopietro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yhin999
Umm plenty of people in mainstream media/academia circle have talked about/criticized our funding of Hezb-e Islami Gulbuddin/all the other groups of rebel fighters. I know many other members have to remember how Charlie Wilson/CIA/Joanne Herring were partly blamed for 9/11 since they were heavily involved in sending money to Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Mujahideen, ect. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Bin Laden wasn't the leader of the Mujahideen but used his company to fund them and then later on I'm pretty sure started a group with his mentor (forgot his name) that supplied them with arms and money but that doesn't mean he was the leader. I think it's silly you claim the CIA's/Pakistan involvement in funding/training is missing history when many experts have written books and held lectures discussing the events that led up to 9/11.

You said "Another example of missing history, this time Masonic, is the Japanese stance towards Freemasonry before and during WW2. They were very much against it, in fact that was their whole driving motivation for being at war but you won't read about that in the textbooks once again omitting some prudent facts about WW2. One could then draw the conclusion that Japan was hit with the only atomic bomb attacks in history on the behalf of Freemasonry which then raises the question just how influential are they in the American ruling class." To even claim that the Japan's view on Freemasonry was a driving motivation for war and had anything to do with why we dropped the atomic bomb on them is silly, even the most hardcore modern day anti-masons don't even claim that. Other then that's silly I really don't even know how to respond (within the rules of this forum) to you claiming Japan being against Freemasonry " was their whole driving motivation for being at war". Maybe you're the reincarnation of Ulrich Fleischhauer or something.

I also find it a little funny you claim your post was going to be ignored and then criticized KSigMason for rushing to the defense of Freemasonry so fast.

edit on 2-6-2014 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Would make Lodge meetings more lively. LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Must have been Mason Marks. Although, usually they are done on stone and not on wood (per se). I have put my mark on several things that I have built or whatnot that were not stone though, so I understand why there might be Mason Marks on it.

BTW, I think it has been quite some time since I have posted on ATS. Hello fellow brothers, I'm back!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bushidomason

Nice to see you again. Did your stint in the East take a lot out of you?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh the GAOTU, I just checked that the last time I posted on ATS was in 2010, I became Master of my lodge in 2012. I had a really tough year as Master (and I was 22 at the time). I went through 3 secretaries that year and a handful of other problems. The lodge was going through a transition phase and I was stuck with the clean-up job. I did learn a lot that year. I also was able to implement things that I wanted to see inside a lodge. For instance, monthly round-table discussions and presentations on Masonic Education. Topics ranging from esotericism, alchemy, hermeticism, spirituality, comparative religion studies, quantum physics, history, and philosophy to name a few. I brought back the CoR for the E.A. Degree in my lodge and took a more T.O approach to the lodge. So there was a coupling of horrible events and great ones that took place during my term. Now I am just happy to be a has-been

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It sounds like you had some of the same challenges network and I had with our own lodges.

People are naturally resistant to change but it appears you put them on the path to sustainability and created an environment where they could further their Masonic education. Exactly what the Master should be doing.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, I have a feeling that Freemasonry is entering, what I call, a Renaissance right now. More and more lodges are wanting spirituality and the discussion of the hermetic and esoteric approaches of the Craft over the pie-eating and drinking social aspects that have dominated the ethos of Freemasonry for quite some time. This is happening with resistance. I, for one, am proud to see the change. This is why I joined the fraternity and I am glad to see that my hopes and dreams of what Freemasonry should be come into fruition. Wow, last time I posted on ATS I was the J.W. of my lodge. I am now a past-bastard for 2 years already. Crazyy

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My last article on my website I talk about how Freemasonry is going through a reformation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join