It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Masons Thoughts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

network dude

LOL, the OP spent about $450 plus yearly dues over the course of about 20 years.

If $450 is "a fortune" to you, then you need to be looking at how to ACCEPT charity, not give to it.

No pal, i have to LOL. 430 Euros are the basic salary in my country for a month! So yes, they are a fortune!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

The big secret is, there is no secret. You can spend much time effort and money to find out that out. The money taken in by lodges is used to keep the lodge going by paying the standard bills, after that the available funds are directed towards charities in most all lodges in the U.S., I can not say with any certainty how lodges around the world deal with charities. It is a good institution IMO. People looking for answers or something to point a finger have been lead to believe it is something it is not.
Truth, being one of the main principles taught in Masonry seems to be the hardest thing to find.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

oneoneone
Brother, I'm trying to help you here, please be open minded, I've watched you for a while now. We all have our flaws to work on.

What does this or the remainder of your post have to do with saying the Masons posting here operate under the 'rules' you alleged in your post?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

JesusChristwins

network dude

LOL, the OP spent about $450 plus yearly dues over the course of about 20 years.

If $450 is "a fortune" to you, then you need to be looking at how to ACCEPT charity, not give to it.

No pal, i have to LOL. 430 Euros are the basic salary in my country for a month! So yes, they are a fortune!

Cool, so Euros are the same as dollars? Sweet!

In my part of the US, an average lower middle class salary is $300 a week. You should move. LOL!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Much of our money does go to charity.

Not glad to meet you.

Here, take this POTATO as a reward for being a member of team who is responsible for the pain in the world nowadays (through the NWO)...

Except Freemasonry is not responsible for the pains of the world.

Please read "the myth of cave" from Plato and make up your mind!

I'm familiar with the story, but there's nothing to suggest that we Freemasons are being fed or manipulated by shadows or false truths.

"Secret societies" and bovine excrement won't tell you the truth nor make you a better person.

In your opinion.

Then you live in a poor country as from my research most developed European countries average around 2,000 Euros per month (this is mostly the Western ones while the Eastern ones drop).

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I looked it up and the Euro to dollar conversion is 1.38 so a $300 US paycheck would be 414 euros.

It sounds like you live in a very poor area. Masonic dues are usually adjusted for the income in the area, so if I knew where you were, I could find out how much of your fortune you would have to spend to be a mason. But lucky for you, you aren't interested in joining.

God Bless you.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I mentioned your avatar. Consider this image in line with your avatar:

I recieved your U2U, and replied. I still haven't spent much time looking into it....but I recognized the symbol fairly quickly, and found it very, very ironic that you have such a negative stance towards masons, yet enrobe yourself in the symbols.

Our original US seal, from 1782:

It was a phoenix. It wasn't an eagle. Given the number of masons and rosicrucians among our founders, this is not surprising.

But you DO notice how similar it is to the bird from your byzantine seal, right? The "secrets" of the masons were there before byzantine. They were there before Christ, too.

Like i have said...i am no mason. But you certainly could use some education about who/what they are before you make judgements. Because based on your avatar, I am absolutely certain you know nothing outside of what tinhatter has told you.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You could have pointed to my avatar as well

Besides from the rank 33 usage it was the flag of Rome, which played an important part in enslaving the planet.
It was also used by Russia once and is found within a Jerusalem church.

A one headed phoenix is found anywhere around Europe, always facing to the left. The only one facing right was used by Hitler, however later changed.

Mason symbols are usually used for your mind, so the meaning isn't that important as many shard groups say.
Tho what I first think when looking at the heads is "divide" rather than bringing together and becoming one.

My brain research made it look like darkness is not necessary to create enlightenment to me, before you think of that.

Ayeaye, not much love in this thread. *hides*

Edit: wow, i just found out Wiki says the symbol was first used by the place that conquered and enslaved the whole planet / enforced religions. And it is the symbol for one of the star people from the 9000 year old history, each owning a planet half. Almost exactly what I have guessed all the time..
edit on 9-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

There is a meaning behind the 2 heads. Really understanding that meaning will help make you a better man, given that you are so inclined.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
With all due respect to the OP the idea's contained in the post are a bit naive to say the least. To use a few simple metaphors.

"I joined the army, but after 4 years I found it just a bunch of nice guys who work hard to protect the country." Of course this is true, but it has nothing to do with the reality of who controls the army and there is no way a person who hasn't gotten all the way to the top would know a thing. Even then, the top army guy does not know what the top guy who controls all armed forces know - it is by design that things of this sort are stratified.

"I got elected to my city council and found a lot of hard working people who do not have designs on controlling the world through currency, violent takeover of the assets of other countries or anything else negative." John Major wrote in his book that when he was elected in Britain he heard something that made his jaw drop and changed his life - the local councilman will know nothing of this information.

And so on. The organization is, or was, a complex system. In fact, the origins are secret for protection from attack from others. So by definition the "truth" is hidden from most. If you were a system that worked to control others, you'd make DAMN sure that each and every person that got into the inner sanctum was not a "just wanted to check it out" kind of guy. You'd also make sure that the majority of folks within the group not only knew nothing, they were good people who would/could do nothing to disparage the cause.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Yes OP, how would you know anything at all about masonry?

You could have saved all sorts of money and time had you just waited for this one post.

There really is a super secret "inner sanctum" and apparently only those who aren't masons know about it.

Puzzling.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Guys, it doesn't matter what the structure might eventually be about.

As long as you take care of becoming enlightened and remain careful while you still haven't got a full overview of the universe and what you really are, you do the right thing. Think about it yourself if rules or commands from the group are harming for humans and life beings and if it divides you from those outside.

As long as you put that to heart I support you.

Perhaps we can get back to those max 3 minutes working time / day, unconditional loving and can take care of the larger some day.

There are certainly parts in freemasonry which enlighten people.
Even if the filters for new members only let dark ones in, you can rise, especially on these forums.
edit on 9-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This post was a simplistic explanation of what people will find in the Masonic fraternity today. That’s is why I titled it “A Simple Masons Thoughts”.

When I joined in 1992 I had no internet to look anything up, the secrets were still fairly well kept. I joined not really knowing what to expect. In truth I wanted to be a part of something intriguing, I was young, 21 when I petitioned, now I have grandchildren and very different views and goals for my life.

So many people have the wrong idea of what Masonry is now. In honesty it’s a good ole boys club in the U.S. and most countries.
It is a diluted version of what it once was. I had planned to avoid the deeper aspects in this thread, after reading over countless threads on this forum that covered some of the murkier sides I did not feel the need to be redundant. Thinking a simplistic view might clear up confusion was my “naïve” moment. Even with everything that happens in lodges well documented on the internet, people still want to think there is something going on in the local lodges.

Knights Templar are the true secret society, they do go back to the time of Solomon. Most anything left worth looking at is in Scotland, which you have to know what to look for to find. Masons, Templar and Scottish rite in the rest of the world are like a Jr. Auxiliary IMO, somewhat like the OES is to the Masonic lodges.

I could sit here and attempt to impress people with what I think I know…The reason I do not is because my knowledge and opinions are based on knowledge and opinions from many authors I personally found interesting over many years of reading. Everyone has an opinion, right or wrong, they are entitled to it. It is better to find your own and make your own conclusions.
I used my own experiences for the example, not to push my point of view. Answering basic questions for the curious reader in a simplistic manor is still my goal here.

This is like the paranormal threads. Nobody believes it until it happens to them or see it for themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Speculation

Your OP has somewhat put a damper on my spirit. Over the last couple of years I have had a longing to join the masons, I emailed my local lodge a few years ago, but with my commitments to working in the mines and doing so much traveling I thought the time was not right.

I also believe being a younger man I was not at the right maturity or in the right place with my grasp on things to enter. However this year I have switched jobs to focus more on having a life to live rather than living to work. I have had the idea back in my heart that now would be a perfect time to step into Masonry, so I can start to answer some of the more important questions that are in my spirit. I also had an amazing astral experience recently that pointed me back towards my idea, and really solidified in my heart, that now is the perfect time to make the commitment.

However reading this thread has left me somewhat nonchalant in my approach. While I understand and can appreciate the fellowship and brotherhood you would have formed over the years would be up lifting and positive, an aspect that is very attractive to me. I also seek answers, I am fascinated with topics such as geometry, physics, ancient history, I have been exploring these topics, and others quite keenly for some time now, and was under the impression to join Masonry I would be surrounding myself with like-minded men.

I suppose I only have one question for you, Knowing what you know now about your whole experience, Looking back would you do it again ? Was joining Masonry all those years ago worth it?

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Most people that join get their 1st degree and never return. The same happens more often than not when people get their 3rd (Masters Degree). Very few people that petition a lodge stay as active members. Once people see what goes on in the lodge they find it is not what they have seen on TV. Blue lodge Masons just teach and practice good moral standards inside the lodge. I am not trying to get people not to join, just let people know all the entertainment industry's hype...is just hype.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Speculation

I am not after media infused hype. Or a key to ruling the world through the secret dark arts of worshiping satan

I seek the council of intelligent, like-minded people, who will challenge me mentally, and spiritually. I want the wisdom of men who knew many many years ago the importance of geometry and numbers, within the make-up of this universe. Reality is I want the very opposite of what the media shows me.

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Sacri
I seek the council of intelligent, like-minded people, who will challenge me mentally, and spiritually. I want the wisdom of men who knew many many years ago the importance of geometry and numbers, within the make-up of this universe. Reality is I want the very opposite of what the media shows me. ~

You may want to see if there are any Strict Obedience lodges in your area. They are geared more towards the esoteric. We have just started on in my area and already haves waiting list of petitions.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Sacri
I seek the council of intelligent, like-minded people, who will challenge me mentally, and spiritually. I want the wisdom of men who knew many many years ago the importance of geometry and numbers, within the make-up of this universe. Reality is I want the very opposite of what the media shows me. ~

You may want to see if there are any Strict Obedience lodges in your area. They are geared more towards the esoteric. We have just started on in my area and already haves waiting list of petitions.

Curiously how would I go about that ? A quick google search gave me no hits. I have three lodges within a 30 minute driving distance, and another 3-4 lodges if I travel 90 minutes away. Is that something I could ask in an email to the lodge ? Or would you recommend that for the face to face ?

Namaste
~sacri~

edit on 10-4-2014 by Sacri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacri

Here's a list of TO Lodges: traditionalobservance.com...

It doesn't list the new NJ one, but it's a good list.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

KSigMason
reply to post by Sacri

Here's a list of TO Lodges: traditionalobservance.com...

It doesn't list the new NJ one, but it's a good list.

Now to track one down in Australia where I live

Namaste
~sacri~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join