It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is NOT a "conspiracy site"!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Jefferton
I can't stand reading that ATS is a "conspiracy site". It's becoming like the race card. Whenever you can't back up a claim or story it becomes "oh but this is a conspiracy site!".

No. ATS is and always will be, a discussion site.
Stop deflecting with this terrible label!
Please.

So, if someone can't back up a claim or story then let it be the end of the discussion for yourself. If you require proof of everything that's fine but you will sometimes be disappointed. This site encourages discussion which sometimes involves speculation, and theorizing which leads to asking questions to find answers to the vast array of alternative topics available here. Not every conspiracy can be backed up, or has been proven a conspiracy yet, so they remain theories, until we keep discussing them and asking questions.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Paranormal. Politics, and other "alternative topics"
That's from the main page title.

Perhaps then suggest that to be changed because that is the title new comers judge the site by. Surely as a once newcomer, for contrarian reply intent, that was the same, no?

*sigh* I know there's a big push against conspiracy now days from the member base. Sites calling out against this one, call it a skeptic site. Then again there's also the "It's only news shared now", so what's the problem? Obviously it's not favored to discuss conspiracy, as general news outweighs conspiracy already, no? It is already what is being ranted against. If one joined to be contrarian, then they are here at a great time. Look at the bright side, the "mud pit" forum to host the Political sides, also has the benefit of encouraging left/right "discussion" now, that will bring more, uh, opposites of a claimed Right Wing dominated Conspiracy site.

Meanwhile that side will become boring for the infotainmenters. Who cares right, where's the popcorn, I mean discussion?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Jefferton

If ATS becomes a cat site...
I will be banned.

Yeah i dont like cats, if there was a cat trail, i could not be in the jury because i will be bias against them.

About the topic. I dont really care what people say, people say all sorts of crazy stuff.

I know ats is more than a site that *some times discusses* conspiracy, but its certainly more than that and certainly not "for tin foil hat wearing individuals to talk about crazy lies" and so on. bla bla bla

Sorry to bring up an internet meme here but, haters gunna hate.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

www.apa.org... Your welcome.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I'd say the biggest conspiracy here is the fact that, in your title, you put punctuation outside of the "parenthesis!" Who does that?

First of all, it is correct to place punctuation outside when the quote when the punctuation is your own expression, and not part of the quote. Kind of like: did he say, "Come here"?

Second of all, you're joking, right? The parenthesis? How about quotation marks?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeramie

originally posted by: lostbook

I'd say the biggest conspiracy here is the fact that, in your title, you put punctuation outside of the "parenthesis!" Who does that?

First of all, it is correct to place punctuation outside when the quote when the punctuation is your own expression, and not part of the quote. Kind of like: did he say, "Come here"?

Second of all, you're joking, right? The parenthesis? How about quotation marks?

The quote was conspiracy site, the exclamation is for the statement that has the quote in it. It's fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join