It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Freedom Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
America is not free, America has never been free.
Was America built on freedom? I feel the slaves would disagree

Free is one of those words everyone likes but very few understand

I don't consider genocide of the Native Americans freedom
I don't consider people dying to live whilst people are making millions free
I don't consider the slavery of blacks, and the years of oppression they faced free
I don't consider gays that are not allowed to get married free (but you are working on it)
I don't consider getting your rights breached free
I don't consider the children who get gunned down at school free
I don't consider the government spying on it it citizens free

And free speech is but a myth.
We all know where the belief in free speech comes from. The First Amendment. But, patriotism focuses on that and sees no further, missing all the glaring contradictions.

Kids who talk in a chat group or on Facebook about getting back at other kids who torment them in school can be arrested, tried, convicted, and jailed, as happened recently to teens in Virginia and other states. They did nothing but talk. That was a crime but the kids didn't know. They were taught they had free speech.

The entire Grand Jury system, federal and state, operates in secrecy. Free speech? Anyone revealing more than the name and decision can be jailed. And sometimes the agenda and even the decision are secret. There's no free speech whatever there.

You can be jailed for being offensive. Where is your free speech there

Freedom is freedom if it isn't whole.
Thoughts

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Idiosonic

What do you consider "freedom"?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants

the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.

Both of which are not present in America, or anywhere, so really, no one is free

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Idiosonic
reply to post by beezzer

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants

the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.

Both of which are not present in America, or anywhere, so really, no one is free

QED

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I agree with you 90% People do not understand that with "free speech" you are gonna be offended, especially with the internet. Anyone can post there views and chances are its gonna hurt someone and that someone may take it a step further and take legal action. People don't see that in a place where we can say "anything" you have to be able to brush it off but they don't, and that is what messes up freedom of speech.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I fail to see how no one being free translates to America being free...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What Do you Propose to Be the Best Way to Become "Free."

Regards,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
To be truly free in all forms, cease to exist.
Existence means rules.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Idiosonic
reply to post by beezzer

I fail to see how no one being free translates to America being free...

I didn't say America was free.

You stated no-one was free.

I replied quod erat demonstrandum. Which means (roughly) "which had to be demonstrated".

You did.

Ergo, freedom is just an ideal that has not been obtained by any last, existing, extant culture.

QED

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i apologize, i asked my bro what it meant and he said this "A Mathmeticians way of saying "I win""

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SirKonstantin

You cannot become "free" all you can do is give up the fantasy and admit there is not real freedom anymore

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

If you don't exist then there is no point for rules and hence forth a discussion about freedom would be irrelevant because you would not be existing to be apart of the struggle for freedom and express your opinion.

We all are existing, one form or another. Everything has law and order.
Our laws are being ordered. We don't just exist and be orderly anymore.

Freedom is a State of Mind. No One Should Be Able to Take That Away.

Regards,
edit on 7-4-2014 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Then why not say that America has the most free state of mind

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Like I Previously Stated.

Freedom is a State of Mind.
A Prisoner Can Be "Free".
And In Reverse, People with the most power think they are free, yet they aren't. There comes a point, an event horizon (if i may suggest) where you enslave yourself into the corporate controlling world where all that's left is death (suicide or etc.) Then you may be free of this world and possible enjoy the next's world of natural order of just being.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Idiosonic

Then why not say that America has the most free state of mind

Are you saying "Most" as a population count? Because, if so fact-o, we are not the "Most".

Regards,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Women had to fight for there right to vote.
People had to fight for the right to inter racial marriage.
Blacks had to and still are fighting for there right to vote.

The Koch brothers threw the tea party are fighting for the perceived right to not pay taxes or to clean up there pollution.

The Native Peoples worldwide are still not represented in the United Nations.

The oil industry are fighting for the keystone pipeline so they can sell the sludge to the global market.

The supreme court is fighting for the elite, so they will maintain control over all of us.

The land of the free and home of the brave has turned into a piss in a cup and pass a background check and be politically correct to get a job.

Your forced to pay for auto insurance so it doesn't surprise me now you must pay for medical insurance.

You are losing the right to opt out of the system, try to live off the grid and you will have a judge order you to pay for electric, gas, city water and sewer.

The more the government forces you to pay the more taxes they make.

People are focused on losing the 2nd amendment, but what about the Right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Democrats, Republicans, tea party are serving there corporate masters and your not one of them.

The happiest people are from the Scandinavian countries in Europe, certainly not here in the states.
edit on 7-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No, it is that the thread is referring to Americans who claim to be the "MOST" free as a way to be better than others. So they should instead, by "mental" freedom, claim that they are the "MOST" mentally free

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Nobody has taking that type of freedom away, yet.
State of mind, in respect to freedom, is a personal achievement. Everyones definition is different.

I always thought freedom, as it relates to the US culture, was an ideal created by great men and perverted by bureaucracy.
Simply, the universe has its rules and so does living in any society. We can choose what we want to do and where we want to live but ultimately there are pros and cons of both.
So is it not a question of freedom anymore, but more a question of how much we are individually willing to sacrifice for that feeling of being free.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Well I apologize for my misunderstanding of your thread.

I believe that American is better advanced than most Countries. And we see that as being "Free", though i see it as being "Free" of Whatever We have Better Now than What the Other 2nd-3rd world countries have. But overall Freedom is globally controlled.
Our "Freedom" isn't Free, Give and Take. (Give a little, Take a lot. lol)

Though I think we all know and understand what we are trying to simplify in a paragraph to each-other.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think it was Winston Churchill who said (paraphrasing) "America has the worst form of government, until you compare it to the rest of the world."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join