It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and Jay Z - Does it matter?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by poloblack

Certainly it’s not his job, but if he wants to be better than the greedy materialist he appears to be then it wouldn’t be a sin for this guy to set an example of decency and righteousness for the youth of this culture who need guidance.

And believe me bro, I know the difference between racism and prejudice…more than most folks.
The same could be said of The Stones and they are one of my favorite bands of all time, but it's not up to him to set an example for anyone. I get what you're saying but it seems as if that courtesy is not being reciprocated. No hard feelings on my part, bro.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

poloblack
But my grandmother has a portrait of Jesus hanging in her living room, and he's white. If everything is so peachy and colorless, why is that? I know, but do you?

Again ... just stop it. There are pictures all over the world showing Jesus as white or brown or asian or native American-India and even black. There are pictures of Mary all over the world in different ethnicities as well.

That has NOTHING to do with the statement that 'people worship a white God so black people had no choice but to start worshipping the black man'. It's racist and it's absurd.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

scientist
The phrase "white is the devil" can be interpreted many ways.

The black man is god and the white man is the devil.
There isn't any room for interpretation.
The meaning is clear. RACISM.

it doesn't seem like there's an honest desire to really understand what NGE/5% is about.

Certainly there is no honesty from the one or two posters on here who refuse to admit the group is in-your-face racist.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

FlyersFan

scientist
The phrase "white is the devil" can be interpreted many ways.

The black man is god and the white man is the devil.
There isn't any room for interpretation.
The meaning is clear. RACISM.

it doesn't seem like there's an honest desire to really understand what NGE/5% is about.

Certainly there is no honesty from the one or two posters on here who refuse to admit the group is in-your-face racist.

I'm quite happy living in a world with more grey areas. If everything is so cut and dry for you, it's because you're making it out to be that way, probably because it's much easier. But everything isn't so black and white. It's certainly much easier to just scream "That's racist!" at anything you don't understand. I get it, I do.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

FlyersFan

poloblack
But my grandmother has a portrait of Jesus hanging in her living room, and he's white. If everything is so peachy and colorless, why is that? I know, but do you?

Again ... just stop it. There are pictures all over the world showing Jesus as white or brown or asian or native American-India and even black. There are pictures of Mary all over the world in different ethnicities as well.

That has NOTHING to do with the statement that 'people worship a white God so black people had no choice but to start worshipping the black man'. It's racist and it's absurd.

Flyers, I know we don't always see eye to eye, but we have agreed on quite a few topics, and I respect your opinions. But if you post of a pic of an Asian Jesus, I will have seen it all. And in Mexico and in South America, every Virgin Mary displayed was not hispanic. She's white. Let's keep it real.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

phinubian
Honestly I've not seen someone make such a fuss over the rapper Jay Z ,

Then you should get out more.
This is a discussion forum and this subject is in the news today.
So we are discussing it.

Seems some folks don't like JayZ being exposed for having racist and/or bigoted leanings.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

scientist
If everything is so cut and dry for you, it's because you're making it out to be that way, probably because it's much easier.

No dude. It's cut and dry because that's exactly what it is ...
'White man = devil ... Black man = god'. That's racism.

It's certainly much easier to just scream "That's racist!" at anything you don't understand.

Passive/aggressive ... lovely. And most folks here DO understand perfectly ...
But there appear to be one or two who refuse to admit the truth of the matter.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd just like to point out that not in a single one of these articles about Jay-Z, does it cite any racism at all. The only racist claims you're putting up, are ones you're paraphrasing yourself, extracting from a headline, and taking out of context. You seem to be trying to stir up controversy where there isn't any, just for the sake of amusement.

Please, cite some specific things that pertain to your own discussion instead of repeating the same thing over and over.
edit on 7-4-2014 by scientist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

poloblack
But if you post of a pic of an Asian Jesus, I will have seen it all. And in Mexico and in South America, every Virgin Mary displayed was not hispanic. She's white. Let's keep it real.

I always keep it real.

I lived in Japan for three years. All the nativities of the Holy Family there were Asian.
We went to Bolivia to adopt our daughter. The statues in the Cathedral of Santa Cruz ... Hispanic.

Black Jesus PIcture
Another Black Jesus PIcture
Asian/Indian Jesus
Asian Holy Family - Christmas
Jesus - Chinese
Mary and Jesus - Japanese
Vietnamese Mary and Baby Jesus
Our Lady of China ... Mary and Jesus
Asian Jesus in art - India
Our Lady of Guadalupe ... Mary appears as a Mexican
Native American Nativity Set - there are TONS of these in different styles ... all Native American
Hispanic Nativity Set - Tons of these in different styles - all Native American

Go for a visit to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC.
Mary and Jesus are all different ethnicities in the art work.
Go for a visit overseas.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

scientist
I'd just like to point out that not in a single one of these articles about Jay-Z, does it cite any racism at all.

The group is racist. 'White Man = Devil ..... Black Man = God'. There's your racism.
Bigotry for sure. Racism denotes some kind of power .. and religion has power ...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

At the end of the day, everyone always feels justified in their racism, and most will never change their mind about it. They all have compelling arguments, that fall apart when deeply analyzed, but not many people do any real deep thinking. That is frowned upon, and stigmatized, like just about every other good thing is these days.

What can we do about it? We can keep trying to educate, get people to really think, and hope some of it sticks I guess. Racism, classism, been around forever, maybe one day it will die out. Doubt any of us will be alive to see it though.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I must have missed those because when I lived in Cali, back in the late 80's, went always went to TJ and I never saw a hispanic Virgin Mary. And I've been overseas on plenty of ocassions. My dad was military. I'll be checking those links.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This thread is COMPLETE bull#. OP is uninformed. Im from nyc and i am familiar with the 5 percenters. It is FAR from a hate group or a racist organization. Im a hip hop artist and i was once pretty close with LORD JAMAR FROM BRAND NUBIAN, WHO IS A FAMOUS 5 percenter. This guy bases his WHOLE LIFE off of supreme mathematics and the rules of 5 percenters. I personally am extremely white, and even after making " whites shouldnt try to take over hip hop" statements recently, hung out with me alot. The guy has alot of white friends and is the nicest dude ever. So so so far from a racist. Do some research ..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I asked for some specifics, because I'm under the impression you're getting all of your facts from haphazard googling, and article headlines. Just curious if you have any other background info on this at all, or if this was just a reactionary post to get some stars and comments, without a real concern about the discussion.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here we go again!!

I thought he was an illuminati-devil-worshiping-puppet?!?!?!?!?!?! now this?!?!?!?!?
Another outsider trying to come in and explain things from the outside in.

He doesn't own the medallion, its actually from his artist Jay Electronica who is a 5%er.

Here is the big kicker for you trolls that parade around places and try to make everything out to be like you.

JAY ELECTRONICA IS MARRIED TO KATE ROTHSCHILD!!!!!!!!!
YUP KATE ROTHSCHILD.

So, how does this stand up?? How does this make your post look!?!?!?

The 5 percenters or any other knowledge-based institution, are poorly understood.

I don't know what website you are referring to, but it doesn't matter. It would be like me telling you about how liberating Hip-Hop is, how much it promotes awareness, knowledge, and comfort for those oppressed. You will then find the first website, find a rapper and 9/10 hes promoting some non-sense and try to exclaim to the world that this is what the hip-hop movement is about. This is wrong and I can't allow it to happen. People dislike groups like the 5 percenters because they are a direct backlash to the eurocentric propaganda that still exist to this very day. It will take a day of arguing, even here on ATS if you just mention 2 words or 2 ideas together. Here you go, Africa and Egypt, or Blacks(rulers) in Egypt. I'm sorry since we have never called ourselves Black I guess you guys are right, there were never blacks in Egypt ROFL. But, all jokes aside, this kind of proves the racist atmosphere that still plagues our planet. Who are these people without your racist fictitious labels. I really want you to ask yourself, and at any attempt to label ourselves is discarded and made a mockery of. People will argue until the earth stops spinning, but will not admit HISTORICAL FACTS.

First Jay-z is illuminati, then hes a possessed person, then hes a devil worshipper,
this sums it up
I would love to leave you with 2 excerpts from two different artist.

Arm, leg, leg, arm, head – this is God body
Knowledge, wisdom, freedom, understanding, we just want our equality
Food, clothing, shelter, help a nigga find some peace
Happiness for a gangsta, ain't no love in these streets
Conspiracy theorist screaming lluminati
They can't believe this much skill is in the human body
He's 6'2", how the f--- he fit in a new Bugatti?
Aw, f--- it, you got me
Question religion, question it all
Question existence until them questions are solved

--Jay-Z - Heaven, Magna Carta Holy Grail

Who said a black man in the Illuminati?
Last time I checked, that was the biggest racist party
So get up off that slave ship
Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs
Kendrick Lamar - Hiii Power

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

asyourworldburned
This thread is COMPLETE bull#. OP is uninformed.

Black Man = God. White Man = Devil. That's what is racist bull #### ... not our showcasing of it.

AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
He doesn't own the medallion, its actually from his artist Jay Electronica who is a 5%er.

So what? If some guy borrowed his neighbors klan hood and wore it around, would he get a free
pass because 'it's not actually his but is his neighbors'?? If your statement is true, it still doesn't
excuse the black nationalism behind wearing the medallion.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Outstanding post!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
It would be like me telling you about how liberating Hip-Hop is, how much it promotes awareness, knowledge, and comfort for those oppressed. You will then find the first website, find a rapper and 9/10 hes promoting some non-sense and try to exclaim to the world that this is what the hip-hop movement is about.

This is a good example of the exact dynamic of this thread so far. Five Percent and Nation of the Gods and Earths isn't something you google at 10am, and then make your racist claims at 12pm.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wow, This thread really brought the smurfs out.

Sorry Flyers, I thought it was a good thread topic. It's a shame that some people get soo butt hurt over hearing the truth that they have to ruin it for everyone.

S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Ruin it = the truth
some people are more comfortable with lies.
This isn't a show.

Deny Ignorance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join